Crediar releases QuadForce 2.0

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would place the quadforce.bin in the /sneek folder IIRC or you could rename it to 00000008.app and replace the existing file in your \title\00000001\00000100\content folder on your emuNAND (either one)
BUT
I can only assume this works with Crediar's original xNEEK+DI version (the one that HAS to have your emuNAND in the root of the device) because I've only tried Neek2o and have NEVER been able to get anything but the immediate power down you're experiencing with DML, DM, or QuadForce.

(If you get it working I'd be interested to know how.)

EDIT : :ph34r:'d

Ah interesting. I'll update on any progress, but yeah, I probably wont be able to get it working through the means I'm trying.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well after a LOT of tinkering (not just today, but in the past as well), I've come to the conclusion that my Wii simply can not play Quadforce games. See I actually installed the wad to my real NAND this time, and nothing. i even redownloaded the MKGP ISOs and again put them in the proper folders on my SD card, but still nothing. This may or may not have been why I was having such issues with the emuNAND. I dunno why my Wii wouldn't allow these to work, but I have no other explanation for this. So I've reinstalled Dios Mios on my real NAND, and at least I'll be able to free up space on my SD card. Maybe I'll throw the custom Brawl Characters and stages I had back on instead, at least the free space wont go to waste that way. And as a plus, much of AX is actually accessible in GX via that ocarina code that was released a month or so ago, so really I'm only missing out on 2 games, that you can't play multiplayer anyway. Still it'd have been nice to have got them working.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Well after a LOT of tinkering (not just today, but in the past as well), I've come to the conclusion that my Wii simply can not play Quadforce games. See I actually installed the wad to my real NAND this time, and nothing. i even redownloaded the MKGP ISOs and again put them in the proper folders on my SD card, but still nothing. This may or may not have been why I was having such issues with the emuNAND. I dunno why my Wii wouldn't allow these to work, but I have no other explanation for this. So I've reinstalled Dios Mios on my real NAND, and at least I'll be able to free up space on my SD card. Maybe I'll throw the custom Brawl Characters and stages I had back on instead, at least the free space wont go to waste that way. And as a plus, much of AX is actually accessible in GX via that ocarina code that was released a month or so ago, so really I'm only missing out on 2 games, that you can't play multiplayer anyway. Still it'd have been nice to have got them working.
Something that might help, I think you're supposed to change the ID of the disk image itself in order for it to work. There's a tutorial somewhere down the page here
http://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-g...ection-for-system-menu-backup-loaders.325003/
that give some details, I think.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the "always 1 credit" patch works in Mario GP 1 (even replace my 9 credits patch), but not in FzeroAX ?
I always have Credit 0 displayed, and I have a game over after one completed track.
Or maybe F-zero AX is one track only? there's no tournament mode and only 6 tracks?

edit:
maybe it's not a 0 but a bold outter-lined I which look like a 0. so I guess it's normal to have "Game Over" after each course.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The homebrew scene is possibly the biggest ignoramuses scene there is when it comes down to money. This was at least my impression up until now. Perhaps gbatemp has evolved into a more mature community. Just because it's homebrew does't mean it should be free. Work is work. If you want to get paid for work, you are entitled to. There is no reason to be butthurt over people getting paid for coding homebrew.
Except, it isn't work...i won't get into this discussion again, but i will tell this: many people in the Wii scene i chat with (including homebrew devs) see this as a hobby, not work..yes devs do spend a lot of time on coding and yes, it's nice to get appreciation in form of some cash, but telling people first to donate before they will get something in return is dead wrong..and i know devs and others agree with me...

But to end this post positive, i do like to thank crediar with all he has done for the community and i hope he does not let this spoil the fun he has for coding.
This reaction is not directed to him personally but it was ment as a comment in general..

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
I don't have the game running flawlessly. I still have freezes at the menu and lag (but I managed it to reduce the lag a bit)

I could make some GeckoCodes, but can't test them on full working controls that quadforce offers in contrast to dolphin..

Load GX-like menu (Wii Quadforce related) [CosmoCortney]
077E85E0 00000008
005A27C8 0004F734

Access Debug Menu instead of the Story Mode (AX's GX Menu related) [CosmoCortney]
077E85B0 00000008
006F7C4C 0002B55C
E0000000 80008000
077E85C4 00000008
00624800 00018308

Access Beta All Cups [CosmoCortney]
043cd608 00000000
* you can select 111 Stages (listed from 00 to 110)
beside the GX, AX and Story mode tracks, you can access 2 (or more) totally unknown tracks, beta versions of story mode-, AX- and GX- tracks and tracks without textures or models.
recommended to use with the F-Zero GX menu code.

I used wad manager 1.7 to install quadforce.
I installed the 00000008.app into \00000001/00000100/content

I installed kenobigc.bin and quadforce.bin into \sneek/.

When I start the game, everything runs fine but at the title sequence a few lags happen, the menu lags way more and after a few seconds the game freezes..

Any idea what I did wrong?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You already found codes to unlock debug menus and all cups!
Thanks for sharing :)

111 stages? that's a lot!
ok then there are not only 6 stages like I saw in the stage selection screen.
You probably have to unlock them, so I guess the memory card support is required for this game if you want to unlock all tracks.

When I complete a track, it doesn't keep the best lap's time, so we can't complete all tracks to unlock other cups if it can't even memorize which one are completed or not.

I don't have freezes in menus, except the SD access/Track load time. (5-6 seconds to load)
my iso CRC : B567EF39

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Except, it isn't work...i won't get into this discussion again, but i will tell this: many people in the Wii U scene i chat with (including homebrew devs) see this as a hobby, not work..yes they do spends a lot of time on it and yes, it's nice to get appreciation in form of some cash, but telling people first to donate before they will get something in return is dead wrong..and again, also devs and others agree with me...

But to end this post positive, i do like to thank crediar with all he has done for the communitie and i hope he does not let this spoil the fun he has for coding period.
This reaction is not directed to him personally but it was ment as a comment in general..
Your post absolutely doesn't make sense at all.

StarkNebula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
111 stages? that's a lot!
ok then there are not only 6 stages like I saw in the stage selection screen.
You probably have to unlock them, so I guess the memory card support is required for this game if you want to unlock all tracks.
AX's ROM has all of GX's data (though GX's data is not finalized) and then some. Although there are 111 slots for stages, there's more like 40-50, as some were removed. Any stage above 50 is a test/demo stage. You're only ever supposed to see those 6 tracks.

Also, I know that the readme crediar put in the download said that you need SNEEK (well, /sneek/kinobigc.bin) to activate cheats. I tried Ocarina really quick, but the codes didn't seem to apply themselves. Anyone have SNEEK that works?

*Also, for anyone experiencing "freezes", perhaps you just have interminable lag. I used an SD micro in an SD adapter, and that "froze", but in reality it was the adapter and the fact it was Class 4. I switched to a Class 10 SanDisk and it loads rather well, with the most lag only happening during the first stage I load (or Green Plant, since it's huge).

Reactions: Cyan

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Something that might help, I think you're supposed to change the ID of the disk image itself in order for it to work. There's a tutorial somewhere down the page here
http://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-g...ection-for-system-menu-backup-loaders.325003/
It does work without changing the ID, but it will show up as "Sonic Adventure DX Directors Cut unreleased prototype" and you can only have one of the games on the sd at once this way.

Reactions: Maxternal

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yeah i already had the game id properly changed and installed it with discex and all that. I've put a lot of time in trying to make it work, reading through multiple tutorials. The only conclusion I keep coming to is that my Wii just wont play it, that or some small detail is getting overlooked that I for the life of me can not figure out.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This is good news, but what keeps me from really playing any of the Quadforce supported games is the lack of multiplayer. Racing games aren't the same in single player, and I guess that's all that was really ever released for the Triforce...

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Odd thay everone's getting issues. I installed to RealNAND, booted with DMLBooter r30, and everything was a-okay.

Games comes up as Virtua Striker 2002, I can post my .iso's (well, .bin) MD5/SHA1 if anyone wants.

tmv_josue

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
many people in the Wii scene i chat with (including homebrew devs) see this as a hobby, not work..yes devs do spend a lot of time on coding and yes, it's nice to get appreciation in form of some cash, but telling people first to donate before they will get something in return is dead wrong..and i know devs and others agree with me...

But to end this post positive, i do like to thank crediar with all he has done for the community and i hope he does not let this spoil the fun he has for coding. This reaction is not directed to him personally but it was ment as a comment in general..
You are wrong, the spirit of homebrew and FOSS are open source projects no free-of-charge/gratis software.
And yes, that you mentioned is for Crediar, be honest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1