C0mm4nd_

Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
So... I tried 4-5 times to create .tga files for the bootTv texture and bootDrc textures but.. yeah.. it doesn't work...
Are there any rules to respect?

KungFuzion

Trophies
XP
Country
So... I tried 4-5 times to create .tga files for the bootTv texture and bootDrc textures but.. yeah.. it doesn't work...
Are there any rules to respect?

open the original tga files you want to edit in photoshop. Edit it to the way you want it then save & overwrite. Manually upload with wupclient.
Thats what I did & it works. I created my own images for my sysnand haxchi homebrew launcher with the title I puchased. Then another one for my rednand which can be any of the exploitable ds titles. For some reason I cant launch my purchased ds title haxchi homebrew launcher in rednand. Something to do with my NNID data being deleted.

C0mm4nd_

Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
open the original tga files you want to edit in photoshop. Edit it to the way you want it then save & overwrite. Manually upload with wupclient.
Thats what I did & it works. I created my own images for my sysnand haxchi homebrew launcher with the title I puchased. Then another one for my rednand which can be any of the exploitable ds titles. For some reason I cant launch my purchased ds title haxchi homebrew launcher in rednand. Something to do with my NNID data being deleted.
Yeah.. and can I use paint.net?

guydoemx

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
first image iconTex.tga use 32 bits , bootDrcTex and bootTvTex use 24 bits in photoshop .... save as ... tga .... So I solved it

Attachments

• ejemplo.png
    ejemplo.png
    51.5 KB · Views: 726
Reactions: KungFuzion

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, thanks for asking this question. I was in the same situation: I've been trying to create a RetroArch multi-launcher and my TGAs weren't working. I'll try with @guydoemx's suggestion!

Reactions: guydoemx

Zarklord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its worth noting that you must have this:
KnoteRV.png

at the end of your tga and it will work

the reason photoshop works but not paint.net is because paint.net clobbers all data in the tga and rewrites every byte(therefore removing those bytes at the end) and photoshop doesnt do this(to note if you were to just create a 128x128 image in photoshop and save it it also wouldnt work unless you added the bytes)
tl;dr: make sure those bytes are at the end of the tga and it will work no matter what image editing program you use.

Zarklord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious, is this what AppConfigTool in the Cafe SDK adds to TARGAs in order to "sign" them, or is it something else?
probably. cause if i made a tga that follows the standards of said texture type(iconTex.tga for instance) but doesnt have those bytes at the end it shows up as "???" icon

Reactions: Irastris

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably. cause if i made a tga that follows the standards of said texture type(iconTex.tga for instance) but doesnt have those bytes at the end it shows up as "???" icon
Sweet! One less copyrighted application to use for my packages.

panther666

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I need designers help, please! :)
Can someone help me and make an icon and background for loadiine like this style (https://uploadfiles.io/c8524) or in your style?

Haxchi on my WiiU autoboot loadiine, i want to see an icon of loadiine on my home screen, but can't make it by myself... :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*