Creating an un-linked Emunand with A9LH?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by QuickQuestion, Dec 2, 2016.

1. QuickQuestion
    OP

QuickQuestion Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2014
    United States
    I have A9LH running on Sysnand 11.2 (Luma 6.6), and I was wondering if it is possible to create an Emunand that is un-linked from Sysnand? I'd ultimately like to be able to boot holding a button to boot into an Emunand that is completely separate from my Sysnand (i.e Different titles, different Friendcode etc..).

Is it as simple as just creating an Emunand with Emunand9 and then using TinyFormat + setting something like ReiNand to boot when I hold 'B' on Boot, or something like that?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks :)

2. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    Yes, it's as simple as that

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Luma I hold L to boot sysnand, if I let it run it boots emunand. But I could have it the other way round

3. QuickQuestion
    OP

QuickQuestion Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2014
    United States
    Thanks a ton, just got it setup and un-linked, and have it so if I hold Left it boots to Reinand->Emunand (and not holding anything boots Sysnad).

4. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    Not that there's anything wrong with Reinand, but assuming you are using Luma for your SysNAND already, holding L will boot EmuNAND without the need of a second CFW.

Ā§calielĀ§ likes this.