Hacking Creating a North American, non-XL New 3DS

Wowfunhappy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I remember it working perfectly fine on my 9.2J -> 9.2U (before removing any system titles), but then I made an emunand and restored my 9.2J sysnand.

Hmm, I wonder if removing system titles is somehow the problem. Will try. Thanks!

I have. Of course you need cubic ninja from the right region.
I do. The problem is it thinks I have an unsupported home menu version.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Ocarina of Time to launch Gateway, and I do everything under emuNAND. It does basically everything I need apart from being able to dump the fat16 xorpads.

What would it accomplish? Well, because I prefer playing "Find Mii" and "Monster Manor" rather than "StreetPass Quest" and "Streetpass Mansion." The titles are just..... bad.

I can put up with it, sure, but I thought this would be a fun little side project nonetheless.
perhaps use a sd card without emunand on it and use gateway to launch cubic ninja in sysnand to make your xorpads?

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
perhaps use a sd card without emunand on it and use gateway to launch cubic ninja in sysnand to make your xorpads?
Thanks, I've tried that, but it didn't work so it seems it isn't a restriction on emuNAND but rather whatever hacks Gateway uses to load its code. The very last thing I can do is try loading it in Classic Mode, so I'll have to try that once I get my copy back from a friend next week. I won't get my hopes up, though.

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I've tried that, but it didn't work so it seems it isn't a restriction on emuNAND but rather whatever hacks Gateway uses to load its code. The very last thing I can do is try loading it in Classic Mode, so I'll have to try that once I get my copy back from a friend next week. I won't get my hopes up, though.

gateway uses 9.5 firm on n3ds so you can't use gateway anything for CN.

Wowfunhappy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've updated the Google Docs version of the guide to work without a hardmod by using the eShop patch. For safety purposes, it now requires two copies of Cubic Ninja (Original Region AND North American)—I don't want people to brick their 3DS's because 3DSSwapConsole crashed on startup.

Remember: No hardmod means you won't be able to restore your 3DS should something go wrong. Also, I'm tired so there may be some errors in the writeup. On the plus side, it's now significantly shorter!

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've updated the Google Docs version of the guide to work without a hardmod by using the eShop patch. For safety purposes, it now requires two copies of Cubic Ninja (Original Region AND North American)—I don't want people to brick their 3DS's because 3DSSwapConsole crashed on startup.

Remember: No hardmod means you won't be able to restore your 3DS should something go wrong. Also, I'm tired so there may be some errors in the writeup. On the plus side, it's now significantly shorter!

I'm still not able to get past error 005-5602 when trying to open the eshop after changing to US (following the google docs steps #39 - 22).

Wowfunhappy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh oh. That sucks—and it goes along with what Yifan_lu said yesterday.

...why would the eShop be fixable on the Old 3DS but not the New 3DS?

Wowfunhappy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...I'm not able to format either, same error message (005-5602)

That's new. It makes sense I guess—it checks and removes the NNID when you format—but I know for a fact that I was able to format when I region changed before (back before my 3DS started having problems).

Edit: You probably don't remember, but what error did you get after removing the nnid before changing regions? I'm noticing it's not the same every time and wondering if it makes a difference.

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's new. It makes sense I guess—it checks and removes the NNID when you format—but I know for a fact that I was able to format when I region changed before (back before my 3DS started having problems).

Edit: You probably don't remember, but what error did you get after removing the nnid before changing regions? I'm noticing it's not the same every time and wondering if it makes a difference.

I didn't see anything about removing the nnid before changing (other than by restoring previous nand). Not sure what error the ehsop gave.

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country

dear sir. where i can find an updated guide as you mentioned?.

Wowfunhappy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sigh.

Finally got NTR to boot after region changing (not sure what I did differently).

Can confirm: 005-5602.

I suppose I should have been ready for this, but I really had expected it to work. Why would it work on the Old 3DS but not the New 3DS?

EDIT: So it seems as though, if I don't do the eShop swap trick, I get 005-5958, whereas if I do, I get 005-5602. Yifan_lu, do you know what the difference is between the two?

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay