Hacking Create a new IOS!

WiiLee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK can someone make instructions on how to make their own ios version so we can install ios9 as ios299 or something because that way we couldn't get wad manager blocked and we could have that ios trucha enabled and if each of us eses a different IOS number nintendo couldn't get us all

How does this idea sound could someone post instructions to install ios9 as whatever IOS we want?

WiiLee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not a fresh one but just an ios installed to a different number and if everyone installs it to another number it would be hard for nintendo to stop us all

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
unless the "nintendo stopping" contains a device that examines and reads/searches every IOS for the "trucha bug" then it would make no difference would it?
wink.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, this is why Rev10 installs both an IOS249 and IOS250. Let's say Ninty gets smart and targets 249 in the next update. Good thing there's still 250 to run off of.

WiiLee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we also need a kind of thing that cloaks the ios so it looks like it isn't trucha'd

Edit: offtopic, but im growing armpit hair!
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well if nintendo would really care, they would just check for every IOS if it's trucha signed, if yes it gets deleted and if available overwritten with the latest version.

WiiLee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if we put waninkoko to it, not twizzers because they wouldn't do it, we could make all our ios seem like they have had their trucha fixed so nintendo can't tell or we could install it as a hidden channel instead of a system file and load wad manager off that hiddent file

Wiinie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*RANT*
What do you mean if we put waninkoko up to it. I find this kinda insulting towards him. Like here boy go fetch this. Im know im coming of as a dick, but waninkoko does these things on his spare time as a hobby. Saying put ... up to it..is like we control a puppet and he is our bitch. The reason for this rant is because i myself find this to be disrespectful. Want something to happen. Study, research learn, and when you get stuck, ask for help.
*End Rant*

orno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wiinie said:
*RANT*
What do you mean if we put waninkoko up to it. I find this kinda insulting towards him. Like here boy go fetch this. Im know im coming of as a dick, but waninkoko does these things on his spare time as a hobby. Saying put ... up to it..is like we control a puppet and he is our bitch. The reason for this rant is because i myself find this to be disrespectful. Want something to happen. Study, research learn, and when you get stuck, ask for help.
*End Rant*

agreed.

WiiLee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how people hate my posts because of the way i phrase it, but what i ment was if he wants to he can go ahead and do it ON HIS FREE TIME

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wiinie said:
*RANT*
*End Rant*

Bring out the gimp
biggrin.gif

fila73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiLee said:
I love how people hate my posts because of the way i phrase it, but what i ment was if he wants to he can go ahead and do it ON HIS FREE TIME
Do what? The easiest way to determine if the bug is present in certain ios is to abuse it. If that works fix it. No way to hide it from Nintendo and let us use it.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
fila73 said:
WiiLee said:
Do what? The easiest way to determine if the bug is present in certain ios is to abuse it. If that works fix it. No way to hide it from Nintendo and let us use it.
Yeah, I totally agree.

All nintendo need to do is run a small line of code on each found IOS, it would run on a trucha IOS and they would update that one, so really there is no easy way to stop Nintendo from detecking and deleting an IOS they do not want. This is why you should always wait before updating through Nintendo.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/SignCheck This app checks for the turcha bug just fyi, so I'm sure Nintendo could do something similar too.

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiLee said:
OK can someone make instructions on how to make their own ios version so we can install ios9 as ios299 or something because that way we couldn't get wad manager blocked and we could have that ios trucha enabled and if each of us eses a different IOS number nintendo couldn't get us all

How does this idea sound could someone post instructions to install ios9 as whatever IOS we want?

You are describing one characteristic of cIOS.

The higest number that an IOS could be installed as is 255. Take any IOS, unpack it, change the value at 0x18C in the TMD, repack it and fakesign it.

But as has already been stated this is pretty pointless. Nintendo has never attempted to block any specific custom IOS other than 254, which was used by PatchMii. They have blatantly ignored IOS249, which is widely used for piracy. This is most likely due to the fact that they know it would just be a game of "chase the cIOS". If they added an IOS249 stub to the update servers the hackers would just move cIOS to a different slot. It may slow down some people, but it wouldn't stop them.

The frontline battle for Nintendo is making sure that new Wii's (or Wii's that are fully updated without hacks installed) are unhackable.

The IOS16 workaround is dead. The key now is not how to add cIOS versions as different title IDs. The key is in Comex's hack to lower the title version of an existing, legitimate IOS that is already installed. Without that the "hackers" would currently be dead in the water.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro