Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
(1:58:51 PM) Arctos: the hell is a taco
(1:59:05 PM) Rydian: ... what.
(1:59:10 PM) Arctos: o-o
(1:59:17 PM) Rydian: You... don't know what a taco is!?
(1:59:25 PM) Arctos: no..?

A while ago I also had to explain to him what cornbread was, since y'all dun' 'zactly has so'thern foodz ova' thare.

Though of course when foreign people talk to me about food their eating, I have to go look it up... and some of it looks really good.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You should come visit

fox-hunting1.jpg

We will welcome you.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Too bad that's illegal now
frown.gif

I know what a taco is, don't exactly know what cornbread is though (first guess: Bread made with corn instead of wheat?)Bet you don't know the amazing taste of a decent Haggis.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
frown.gif
Not for long, the Tories are in. The recent fox attack on kids and the other incident where foxes were seen in a school playground is all they need to reverse the ban.

I can't see why there is such an obsession of foxes on here.

liquidnumb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
Jamstruth said:
frown.gif
Not for long, the Tories are in. The recent fox attack on kids and the other incident where foxes were seen in a school playground is all they need to reverse the ban.

I can't see why there is such an obsession of foxes on here.

I think there's some romanticized idea that they're all doing barrel rolls through space.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It didn't seem like EoF material to me...after all, off-topic chat should be just that.

I know what a taco is though. Then again I am smarter than the average Briton.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
We will welcome you.I don't want to be mounted above a fireplace, kthx.

QUOTE(Jamstruth @ Aug 14 2010, 04:18 PM) I know what a taco is, don't exactly know what cornbread is though (first guess: Bread made with corn instead of wheat?)Bet you don't know the amazing taste of a decent Haggis.
Yar, cornmeal instead of flour. Cornbread's much more likely to crumble than regular bread, though it's firmer.
And I don't want to eat haggis.
ohnoes.png

liquidnumb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saute some garlic and a large coarsely chopped onion in a pan until it's fragrant. Don't burn the garlic. Add a pound of ground beef. Cook on medium heat until it loses it's color, then drain the liquid. Turn the heat down to low. Add about a quarter teaspoon each of onion powder, garlic powder, paprika or any kind of chili powder, dried oregano or Mexican oregano. Add a full teaspoon of salt, pepper, and cumin.

Serve it on a tortilla with whatever toppings you like, e.g. lettuce, tomato, cheese, black olives, chopped onion, green onion. Popular condiments are salsa, guacamole, and sour cream.

Notes:

You can leave out one or two of the spices if you can't find them around your markets. The cumin is the most critical spice so make sure to get that if at all possible, although it will still be a tasty meal without it.

If you can't get tortillas, any flat bread will do, really. Soft white cheeses are more traditional. Cheddar is more American.

If you're going to use finely chopped onion as a topping, I recommend deflaming the onion by rinsing it briefly under water with a strainer after it's chopped. This gets rid of some of the bite.

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
Bet you don't know the amazing taste of a decent Haggis.
Yum, haggis. A sheep's heart, liver and lungs minced and wrapped in the sheep's stomach, then boiled. Delicious. People wonder why I'm vegetarian.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The only reason i know what cornbread is, is because of the movie Aliens and the Mess Hall scene. Thanks Hudson.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30