Hacking Crash WiiU via browser. Exploitable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OreNPluS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I uploaded a smaller file already (~70kb). If you want to check it: DOWNLOAD

i cant load it from mega using the wii u, and if you trying to upload it to youtube, the code is changing so the bug is not happning, what to do ?

ok, i am trying to upload it to somewhere but i am getting error that the wii u cant load to file, ugh

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you guys find exactly how Plex is transcoding it? are the streams just being remuxed, or is one or both of them being transcoded?

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We'll likely look into this and other userspace exploits once we're done with, uh, other stuff. I'd look into it right now but I'm at school and I only brought my 360 and Dreamcast to the dorms. I regret nothing.

Reactions: Refriger8tor

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the next step would be...?

I mean, if you or someone else wants to look into it more, there's a few ways you can do it. Try seeing if Plex is transcoding the media, and if so what streams are being transcoded into what, and what streams are just being remuxed. Then you should be able to create your own crash file without having to use Plex. That helps with finding the reason it's crashing, if only just the tiniest bit. Still not much you can do from that front though. There's lower-level stuff we'd like to try in order to to diagnose what's causing this bug and if it's exploitable, but I'd have Marionumber1 explain that if he feels like it.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, if you or someone else wants to look into it more, there's a few ways you can do it. Try seeing if Plex is transcoding the media, and if so what streams are being transcoded into what, and what streams are just being remuxed. Then you should be able to create your own crash file without having to use Plex. That helps with finding the reason it's crashing, if only just the tiniest bit. Still not much you can do from that front though. There's lower-level stuff we'd like to try in order to to diagnose what's causing this bug and if it's exploitable, but I'd have Marionumber1 explain that if he feels like it.

Thanks guys! Yeah, we may need to find a way to do this without Plex. What if Nintendo notifies Plex to "fix it"? You know, if it's from their end?
And using ROP was how they got the original one to work right? I'm not very knowledgeable in that respect either.

I tested the crash on my Vita and my PS4, and on the Vita, it just says after while, "This media cannot be played", and the browser crashes; just the browser though, then exits to the main menu. On the PS4, when entering the URL, it just says, "the PS4 cannot display this content" or something.

OreNPluS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Thanks guys! Yeah, we may need to find a way to do this without Plex. What if Nintendo notifies Plex to "fix it"? You know, if it's from their end?
And using ROP was how they got the original one to work right? I'm not very knowledgeable in that respect either.

I tested the crash on my Vita and my PS4, and on the Vita, it just says after while, "This media cannot be played", and the browser crashes; just the browser though, then exits to the main menu. On the PS4, when entering the URL, it just says, "the PS4 cannot display this content" or something.

so now we need to hack plex codes ?
we cant just save the install files of the version that make the crash of and work with it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill