ROM Hack cracker's trainers

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm working on a non-destructive (won't crash when exiting Time Trial, etc) MKDS trainer. The problem I am having is that I can't find a good place to hook for in game cheats to be enabled. The closest I am able to get is being able to get an item upon pressing a key combo when you have been hit with a weapon (and rarely at random times that seem to hold no pattern). Basically I am holding off on releasing an updated version of it until I can find the right place to hook so the 'get item when key is pressed' codes will work all the time. And the new trainer is fit totally inside of the binaries as they are now so there is no need to rebuild them with extra space added at the end and the patches will be under the 16M threshold so it will be released as an IPS patch.
smile.gif

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cracker: have you ever come across instances that corrupt sound, but found a "works all" solution? I tried patching in a A7 delay by expanding the A7 binary by 12bytes, but it just wound up giving me a "cart removed" error... suggestions? tips?

FAST6191: interesting to note, but not really important, there is currently seems to be no way to preserve file orders with ndstool... too bad homebrew doesn't use nitro FAT at all, or such things would have been worked out long ago.

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't say that I have had any corrupt sound issues. The ARM7 is a picky bitch that for some reason won't allow you to hook into it like you can with the ARM9. It is driving me mad since it would be SO easy to train most of the hard games that I have come across recently since they _always_ have a touchscreen function that is very easy to find. The only alternative when it comes to games where no other method can be found is to be destructive and overwrite code (hoping that no ill effects -- at least bad ones will occur). If you find a workaround for it let me know and I will do likewise. I am trying to find other methods to finding good places to hook into the ARM9 so I won't have to deal with the ARM7 but so far the most reliable ones are the key hacks (0x4000130). Unfortunately, not many games have them out in the open since they are compressed. The uncompressed routines can be dumped via emulators but emulation is pretty poor still so it's hit and miss as to whether the game can progress far enough to get a good dump with the routines you need being decompressed into memory.

Ghaleon1982

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im telling you Bleep. I hit both at the exact same time and time dose not stop. And when I use the water can, it still decreases. I still dont have the best water can yet. Only holds 150. That might be the problem.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Is it just me, or should this be a sticky... since it'll be very handy...and maybe frequently update the list on the front page, so all cracks/patches are there (instead of looking through each 10(and soon to be 10+) pages.

nice work man!

Barra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Problem with the WarioWare one.
The Infinite Lives one is useless because you can never end the game and keep your score.
If you press Quit, you are just taken back to the main menu.

Bohemian Rhapsod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing. Seriously, I can't thank you enough for some of these.
A Contact trainer would be appreciated though
tongue.gif

The Custom Robo + 2 trainer doesnt seem to work. Game freezes as soon as I go into Story Mode. Wifi works fine. I also noticed that while I got new parts that I didnt have before, I seem to be missing some I dd have. Like the Shotgun. And the Robin body.

Guyver 1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can i please have one made for age of empires age of kings for infinite gold and food (20,000 is gold as well)and one for Y strategy for infinite gold, lumber and food.

Here's a small one, I'll do more if I have time.

Age of Empires - The Age of Kings

Unlock all Missions
Infinite Empire Points
Infinite Gold
Infinite Grain

(Updated!)

Updated info on Harves Moon DS Trainer

Infinite Cash - Works. Buy 1 thing and you have max gold.
Infinite Medals - Works. Buy 1 medal and you have max medals/
Infinite Stamina - Works
Infinite Item in Hand - Works (read not2 1)
Infinite Fodder in Hand Works (read note 1)
Infinite Items in Rucksack Works (read not 2)
Infinite Watering Can - dose not work
Quick Tool Level Gain - did not test
Pause Time [Select+R] - dose not work
Resume Time [Select+L] dose not work

Note 1. Sometimes using items or tossing items on the ground such as rocks, grass, and such will cause one of your item slots to have no item but say there are 9 of that item.

Not 2. If you get cluttered with blanks slots. Double taping the empty box will reduce the item by one. So this clears the blank item slots.
I tested the watering can and it works, when used it should display 200 and as I mentioned earlier, when using the time activators make sure you press the buttons at exactly the same time else it won't work. L and R represent the shoulder buttons.

God bless you!

Thanks so much for granting my request, now i can beat that stupid mission.

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
my ewin 2 cant load the resident evil patched rom, it has white screens but the unpatched one works fine, any help?

I'm not sure why some patching software can't handle the resized/reassembled game. I know it works fine with the m3 patched and with the EZV unpatched. Unfortunately, I can't do anything to correct the problem. I have tried versions of ndstool to rebuild it but it has the same end result. If anyone can figure out why the patching software doesn't like some resassembled games please let me know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    He just means that some conversations are light and funny, Madonna having sex with a dog? Hilarious! Your uncle beating your dog then making you watch him molest it? Kinda ehhhh drama lol
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why do people hate seasons 20 and 23 of south park?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't know. People hate and down vote everything nowdays. I see it especially on gamestores, like every game has a negative rating, even though they are good games.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    With south park, they speak the truth, whether people like it or not, then peeps get they're panties in a bunch.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    See ya later fr
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Later gator
    +2
  • G @ GamerGatorDoesTech:
    @BigOnYa i thought that was like a specific comment towards me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol
  • ModernSithLord @ ModernSithLord:
    lol later gator that was good one @BigOnYa
    +1
  • Shgofc @ Shgofc:
    if i think i exist, then, i dont exi...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They started hating later seasons because it turned into half seasons and specials
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People in youtube comments are such dick riders "oh I can't believe he said that to you" clicks on other video "wow this is amazing."
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everyone is triggered nowadays too easy, bunch of pansies.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    1st video- That's why I hate ordering stuff online, if I can just go pick it up myself nearby. Wal-Mart online did that to me years ago, sent wrong item, I went to Wal-Mart by me to return, but noo, I had to mail it back and wait.
    99% of the time ordering online I have had flawless experiences, only time something was messed up, I ordered a big TV from Amazon and it came smashed the box was literally like some one jumped up and down on it, didn't even open it, contacted Amazon sent them pictures, they made me open it and take more pictures, free label to return it and they sent another. So it was relatively painless. But still annoying.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did it just because I don't like you
    Ken you Amazonian Maniac lol
    Cool band name lol
    Their hit song Deliver Us from good, was a banger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine what I'd do if I did like you
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/t1zTwu2R2Ys?si=BqY1TtbKs14wi7z4