Gaming CR-5400 Photofast Memory Stick Issue!

GunstarX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've been enjoying my CR-5400 for some weeks now and the lovely 16GB Transcend Micro SD I'm currently using to power that beautiful thing. But last night, it just decided to stop working and now the PSP won't recognize it, and neither well my Laptop! But when I use my brother's card reader, it recognizes it just fine! Luckily, I was able to salvage my files because of that, but during that process, it showed me DOUBLE of all my files and folders...which was a little bizarre. I've tried formatting it with that reader as a FAT32, and the PSP STILL doesn't recognize it! And the formatting took like, 2 hours! And for some reason, Quick Formatting won't work. What the hell is the problem here? The Micro SD I have is also recognized by the lil USB Micro SD Card Reader it came with and tried Formatting the SD through that, but still to no avail. I don't want to lose this thing, what can I do? Also, if it helps, I think the SD is a Class 2 and I have a Lite Darth Vader Slim PSP.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I got a new one and those things happened to me. Took forever to format and transfer files on a PC and then wouldn't be recognised in the PSP. I think it's just died on you and you've got a duff CR-5400 now...

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Photofast adapters are notoriously unreliable.

(Cue fifty '..but I have one and it works fine' responses.)

Buy a real memory stick pro duo -- it may feel more expensive, but it's worth it for peace of mind in the long run.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lilsypha said:
Photofast adapters are notoriously unreliable.

(Cue fifty '..but I have one and it works fine' responses.)

Buy a real memory stick pro duo -- it may feel more expensive, but it's worth it for peace of mind in the long run.

I've had my photofast 8 gb combo for 2 years now, no problems whatsoever and I use it everyday.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1