Homebrew CQuake for dsimode anyone?

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The mission packs are too big to run in ds mode. They need the extra ram and processor power in dsi mode. The dstwo only runs in ds mode.

scotch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
okay thanks for your reply elhobbs, and also thanks to another world for your detailed reply, wish i had a dsi!.i do have the ezflash v ram expansion pack plugged in if that makes any difference.do any of you guys know if any of the quake mods will work instead?and if so any reccomendations or help would be greatly appreciated.PS Another world, sorry about posting the same question in other forums, i was unsure which forums was active and which forum my question fell into, so i used a scattergun approach ha!.sorry.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
from what i recall quake ds did run some mods. i never messed around with it and i am unsure which it supports. i don't know if it supports the official expansions or not but you might want to try playing around with it.

if you have a detected slot-2 ram expansion then you can also give quake2ds a try.

both can be found here: http://quake.drunkencoders.com/

you will find positives and negatives when you compare quakeds and cquake, but both will get the job done. if you do grab a dsi, get the XL and then try to pick up an ievo REALLY cheap. the kit isn't worth its price and is really only good for dsi-homebrew on a firmware less than 1.4.3. with that said, the performance increase in dsi-mode is noticeable. i'm thankful i was one of the lucky few who grabbed the diswarehax.

-another world

scotch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
okay another world, i may try and mess around with a few mods just to prolong my enjoyment with cquake, an absolute classic thanks to elhobbs. yeah ive got quakeds-cant really see any benefits to this over cquake?or am i missing something? though it was pre cquake,so its understandable, and still a fantastic achievement. ive also got quake 2 and was amazed that it runs, can get quite choppy in places but is still enjoyable, im currently playin doom 2(another fantastic port), for some reason i couldnt get the extra doom 1 levels t o play even though im not using a doom shareware version, although it tells me i am. Anyway thanks for ur help another world, and i'll let u know if i do try any of the mods.cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: