superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
OP
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
As the title which CPU brand you like at most?

Ill like Intel at best becurse of the low price high speed processors
wink.gif

Whats your opinion
wink2.gif

*Edit* lol in the poll i missed IBM, Fujitsu-Siemens And HP

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I like AMD but I haven't bought a new CPU in years. Still got my trusty ol' 3000+. Intel may be the cheapest and fastest at the moment but I bet AMD will catch up at some point
wink.gif

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They both make great chips, Intel is on top right now, they have affordable quad core CPUs on the market. I have an AMD in my current rig though.

azn_225

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
in my opinion get intel because i heard amd sux and it burns out faster ( thats what i heard from ppl)

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I personally back AMD, but I don't let my fanboyism keep me from whats good. The intel Core processers are the best atm, so until AMD puts something better out thats what I'll probably upgrade to.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in my opinion get intel because i heard amd sux and it burns out faster ( thats what i heard from ppl)

"AMD is a third-world based company who make inferior, "knock-off" copies of American processor chips. They use child labor extensively in their third world sweatshops, and they deliberately disable the security features that American processor makers, such as Intel, use to prevent hacking. AMD chips are never sold in stores, and you will most likely be told that you have to order them from internet sites. Do not buy this chip!"

http://www.adequacy.org/public/stories/200...42056.2147.html

I'll buy an AM2 based quad core AMD proc when they come out

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Knock-offs? Woo for intel PR firms. They're spitting some acid. Not very factual acid, but it stings all the same.

----

EDIT - Just read the full article. Either a well made joke, or an uniformed parents drivel. If this was my parents, I'd probably be in jail or dead for giving them the Darwin Award.

----

Edited EDIT-

I know it was a quote, tard. I was responding to it, not to you, you loon.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, I may have over estimated the IQ of people on gbatemp. Maybe I should edit the link away before they see it.....

Edit: Nah, I want to see how this plays out

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Intel right now, simply because the Core 2 Duo is so freaking sturdy and awesome. It has great overclocking potential across the board with the different chips and has great efficiency. Intel seriously probably wouldn't have come out with the Core 2 Duo, if it wasn't for the stiff competition from AMD though. The previous battles showed AMD with better overclocking and better efficiency with the chips. The long awaited appearance for the AMD brand may provide to be a good move...I seriously doubt it though since the ATI division crapped out and the diversion of money split between two merging companies may have set back AMD even more. If Intel release their next product at the same time that AMD release what was suppose to be a current product then AMD might be heading into a losing game. Unless, they basically revolutionize the microprocessor.

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's stupid to prefer one company, you go with whatever is best for your price range. I plan on building a budget gaming rig soon, and I'm going to be using an AMD 6000+, simply because the Core2Duo I could get in that price range (

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You all realize, this discussion is out of date 2 minutes after anyone posts right?
rofl2.gif

OK, bad PC humor aside, I personally have been rooting for AMD. They may not be on the top of the curve right this second with quad core or whatever (though I have yet to see many programs that actually make good use of even dual core except with multiple applications), but they have been able to 1up the competition in the past after lengths of silence. Not saying Intel is bad, just saying they haven't traditionally held the lead for long.

cheapassdave

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
My first computer i've built years ago was AMD. the computer i built a few months ago has AMD X2 6000. It was affordable and i've never had a problem with AMD. i understand INTEL is in the lead with the advancements but i know AMD wiill do some kind of comeback by the year's end.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
OP
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Well im using a AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor and it really pissed me off that its only working on 2Ghz!

Ive could got a computer at same price with an Intel 4 processor with 3Ghz!

But im going to get a new computer soon with a Intel Core 2Quad
smile.gif

miikes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used to be using a p3, then I upgraded to my present amd athlon xp barton 3000+ oh so long ago which still holds its own today. I'll probably get a quad in the future once they go mainstream and the price drops. I do have a centrino for a laptop though
tongue.gif

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well im using a AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor and it really pissed me off that its only working on 2Ghz!

Ive could got a computer at same price with an Intel 4 processor with 3Ghz!

But im going to get a new computer soon with a Intel Core 2Quad
smile.gif

IPC is different between the A64 and P4. Athlon 64 can perform 9 operations per clock cycle ... P4 can perform 6 operations per clock cycle.

2.0GHz * 9 = 18 million operations per second.
3.0GHz * 6 = 18 million operations per second.

Yeah. P4 clearly dominates. Then when you consider the Athlon 64 comes with an integrated memory controller and larger cache, you definately got boned.

Core2 Quad will get dominated by the AMD Phenom.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: That YT was sooo Hysterical Syl. ROFL