• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

0x3000027E

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you support these Democrats you either are not paying attention or you love someone telling you what to do while they do the opposite. There's no 3rd option.

San Francisco Mayor London Breed (D) responded to criticisms to her night out partying, violating the city’s mask mandate, contending that people “don’t need to fun police” to “micromanage” what they should be doing.

Last week, Breed went to the city’s Black Cat nightclub and spoke to the San Francisco Chronicle’s Mariecar Mendoza, who spotted her at the venue and observed that the Democrat mayor did not wear a face covering throughout the night, despite local restrictions requiring “almost everyone” to wear a face covering in indoor public spaces.

Breed, however, has addressed criticisms, claiming she did “everything I thought that was appropriate.”

“We don’t need the fun police to come in and micromanage and tell us what we should or shouldn’t be doing,” she said during an interview, contending she was drinking at the time and started dancing because she was “feeling the spirit” and “wasn’t thinking about a mask,” according to reports.

“No. I’m not going to sip and put my mask on, sip and put my mask up, eat and put my mask on,” she stated. “While I’m eating and drinking, I’m gonna keep my mask off.”

Currently, current public health orders state that “almost everyone must wear a mask” in the city.

“You must now wear a mask in indoor public buildings even if you are fully vaccinated,” the city’s website reads.

8ym6JWi.jpeg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh the precious vaccine that only exists for good and anyone who doesn't take it is a scumbag who should be locked up.

lPxzSFu.jpeg
I'm not understanding this post at all, sir. Are you just coming to the realization that state/federal governments march to a different tune? These references suggest you are perplexed with the idea! Your entire post can be summed up as: "Politician does not follow what they preach". I'm not sure you have been following US politics for all that long if this is the case. I'm sorry you have had to awaken to such a nightmare.

studies are still being done with he Delta but over all Moderna seem to be stronger against delta. If your not able to pick Either one will help yourself and loved ones.
J&J vaccine never gets a fair shake, and that's unfortunate.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why would you need to stay at home you are vaccinated so you are protected, umm right?

Oh it doesn't do anything so you have to blame the unvaccinated when you still get sick?

If the vaccine worked it wouldn't matter if the entire world except you were unvaccinated, you'd be protected. It fails at it's only job and you admit it. That's why it's now 3 vaccines and a booster I think. They keep adding more things on yet you still blame the unvaccinated instead of the people that sold you snake oil.

She didn't bully anyone to not have it you made that up. She only spoke the truth about it causing her cousin to become impotent and it cost him a marriage and she's been attacked and threatened and her family threatened ever since. She's one of you guys you know she's a Democrat it's amazing how fast you will turn on your own. Blacks Lives matter until they speak the truth then they don't matter at all I guess?

Not just her Larry Elders and Candace Owens and any other black person that doesn't act like good little slaves they no longer matter. Just proves Democrats don't give a shit about black people unless it helps their cause. You all support a sick group of people that don't care about you either and they would turn on you the second you didn't follow their orders. But this is what you want because they've got you brainwashed.

I have a ton of issues with the Republican party too it's not solely about Democrat vs Republican. It's about this worshipping of Government The Government is supposed to exist to serve our needs not the other way around.
Sources?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Source-Any media outlet practicing yellow journalism and sensationalism. Eh, its how they get paid after all.
I didn’t read a single word of that post, I just want to see if he will actually post something other than a word salad.
Name one thing in my post that's a conspiracy and not true. And go...

Completely lazy minded post meant to discredit the person and not the info I'm posting. Never saw that one coming /s
You got any sources for any of your posts?

Last edited by The Catboy,

sith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing how many moron temper's like smf and others advocate the removal of the basic human right to refuse medical care, how about we just have the government make all personal medical decisions for you and have the government run you like you're a tesla or an iphone. I believe your body belongs to you as an individual but you lot think it belongs to the collective/commune.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes, your freedumb. All that freedumb is what's letting this virus stay up and spread longer and further and mutate faster which in turn endangers even more people.

It's simple logic, really. If we got a lot more people vaccinated, practice social distancing, wore masks, etc. we would have slowed down the spread of infection, slow down the mutations of the virus, and maybe get out of this mess much sooner along with a lot less deaths. But, of course, it's nowhere close to ending because some hard-headed fools keep shouting for their freedumb and causing more trouble to everyone's actual freedom.

Last edited by NyaakoXD,

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with the rest of your post but I'm really concerned about the use of this new euphemism.
Because they have the freedom to choose to get the vaccine or not, yes? But making the dumb choice to not get the vaccine, especially when it's freely available, can cause more harm to other people and to themselves.

It's ironic, honestly. They talk about their "freedom" when said thing is actually what's restricting theirs and everyone else's actual freedom and more.

In all honesty, I'm just fed up with all of this. As more time passes and the numbers of cases/deaths increases, it becomes more and more frustrating. Especially when there are also other people that are dying and suffering from other medical conditions outside of COVID-19, but can't get into hospitals because every bed and such are occupied by mostly people being sick with COVID-19, most of which being unvaccinated.

Last edited by NyaakoXD,

Immortallix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realize freedom may be too radical and anti-evil a notion for some of the authoritarians in the thread, so I'd like to share Dr. Robert Malone's medical argument for why this vaccine mandate and obsession with getting as many people vaccinated as possible, will actually make things worse in the long run. Malone being one of the guys that spearheaded development on mrna tech, I think he's a pretty good authority.

Here's the important bit I've clipped out:

https://streamable.com/13hycf

The full video:

Reactions: sith and SG854

Deleted member 568468

State of dormancy
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Amazing how many moron temper's like smf and others advocate the removal of the basic human right to refuse medical care, how about we just have the government make all personal medical decisions for you and have the government run you like you're a tesla or an iphone. I believe your body belongs to you as an individual but you lot think it belongs to the collective/commune.
that's a lot of words for an anti-vax dumbass

RocaBOT

Yo best puppy (but automated 🙃)
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nobody's refusing you that right. We're only insisting, time and time again, on our own right to not have to fucking deal with you morons if you decide to not care for yourselves and for us. Like, you don't want to be someone safe to be around to? Then respect that we don't want to be around you. Simple as that.

sith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I take responsibility for myself and my decisions, its not the governments role to enforce absolute safety, You all forget the adage of Benjamin Franklin that “Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

you hand in your freedom at the first ask to those that funded the gain of function creation of this virus. they provide the problem, they provide the solution, we remain subservient.

Reactions: bazamuffin

RocaBOT

Yo best puppy (but automated 🙃)
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I take responsibility for myself and my decisions, its not the governments role to enforce absolute safety, You all forget the adage of Benjamin Franklin that “Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

you hand in your freedom at the first ask to those that funded the gain of function creation of this virus. they provide the problem, they provide the solution, we remain subservient.
It is not. They are not forcing you to get vaccinated. But we get to decide that we do not want to be around you if you are not, and they are not enforcing that either. What can be eventually enforced is to have you removed from places you are not welcome to by force, if you insist on getting there while not invited until this whole thing is over. And that's your liberty to insist on being there, as it is their liberty to have you removed if they don't want you there.

Unless you're literally arguing that your liberty is fine but ours is not? In which case, please stop using citations from people who would not be in agreement with you, that's all kinds of wrong

To be clear: this is not a removal of liberty, this is ensuring the respect of the liberties of those who want to keep themselves and their beloved ones safe. You are still free to be an asshole to those people, but then bear the consequences of overstepping their liberty ;)

Last edited by RocaBOT,

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not the governments role to enforce absolute safety,
you mean public safety ? lol I love how you guys act like this is the first time the Government does something about public safety I mean they don't have TRAFFIC LIGHTS, STOP SIGNS, SEATBELTS, SPEED LIMITS, HOUSING/ BUILDING CODES, SCHOOL VACCINATIONS, .yea don't have those were you are from?..... oh they do.... so.. I guess your cherry picking...
images

EbiWHjqXkAAIokY.png

Last edited by djpannda,

sith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So easy to bully someone into submission with categorically false labels and broad sweeping generalizations, heaven forbid an intellectual discussion occur. I never said anything negative towards the vaccine or said the government has not tried to enforce unjust laws, or shouldnt make laws that help everyone get along, however this has not stopped the framing as though i have with "anti-vax" and "conspiracy theorist" labels. There should be more open discussion and debate but every "genius" comes out of the woodwork to moderate the allowable topics/perspectives. So many black and white opinions with false analogies and logical fallacies used to fool people. My opinions closely align with those expressed by Dr. Malone in the clip posted by immorallix.

edit: can we try and be civil? the first thing i know is how little i know, i try to be informed before making choices and want to always leave room to change my mind with good evidence/argument, but i have not been swayed in these 150 pages. I want the best for every stranger but to me that means standing up for that persons right to do as they decide even if it makes no sense to me.

I always wear my seatbelt. If someone stupidly doesn't and gets hurt i'll gladly pay whatever taxes so they can be treated and support their right to endanger themselves in the future.

Last edited by sith,

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always wear my seatbelt. If someone stupidly doesn't and gets hurt i'll gladly pay whatever taxes so they can be treated and support their right to endanger themselves in the future.
Oh I guess you don’t understand how laws work .. they NO LONGER have a right to drive without a seatbelt..doing so is break the public safety law.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Amazing how many moron temper's like smf and others advocate the removal of the basic human right to refuse medical care, how about we just have the government make all personal medical decisions for you and have the government run you like you're a tesla or an iphone.

Well you could pay out of your own pocket for self harm, but I don't see why other people should pay for your mistakes.

I believe your body belongs to you as an individual but you lot think it belongs to the collective/commune.

You think the collective commune should save you, after you've actively tried to destroy the collective commune.

Anyone advocating not having a vaccine should be culpable for the deaths of the people who listen to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy +2