yaynds.gif

http://filetrip.net/f12389-DSCovered-loade...nu-fix-1-0.html

jsugarsmacks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I have DScover working fine and I really like its look and feel. I would like to use this on my niece's DSTT but whenever I choose YSMenu (the cover in coverflow) it boots the last game I loaded. This would not be an issue but my niece loves cheat codes. How can I modify the ysmenu ini file to always make the YSMenu cover load ysmenu so she can apply her cheats?
I understand from reading this forum that ysmenu cannot load cheats when autbooting a game. I was wondering if anyone has found a way around this. I know it has already been said but being able to edit and apply cheat codes in DSCover would be awesome.
Thanks for all the work on this great software, my niece literally dropped her jaw when she saw the user interface.

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jsugarsmacks said:
I choose YSMenu (the cover in coverflow) it boots the last game I loaded.
I was wondering if anyone has found a way around this.
1. consider using iniclear.
2. No. BTW I'm wondering if I can know how to load ttpatch.dat (when I try to load it not from YSMenu, it white out)

jsugarsmacks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I have iniclear but how do I use it? Do I replace ttmenu.dat and then load the iniclear.nds to clear the game from ysmenu?
Also let us know if you figure out how to load ttpatch.dat. What is ttpatch.dat by the way?
Thanks for the help!

I sort of solved my own problem for loading ysmenu, if you hold down "B" when loading a game it will boot ysmenu and there I can reselect the game and apply cheats. It still feels kinda dirty though.

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jsugarsmacks said:
What is ttpatch.dat?

Ok, I have iniclear but how do I use it? Do I replace ttmenu.dat and then load the iniclear.nds to clear the game from ysmenu?
1.YSMenu DSTT loader
2.To avoid holding B, put inilink.ini to /moonshl2/extlink/ and ttmenu.dat to /, then put YSMenu.nds to /YSMenu (can be changed via inilink.ini)

Zood!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, I read a few pages in this thread, and after trying this and that, I thought I come back here to ask: Is there any half decent tutorial or explanation on installing Dscovered on my original R4?

I did read the "Basic Setup" file, but there really wasn't any help there :-/

QUOTE said:
R4DS - Wood - Basic instructions
Download Xenon++'s build of R4Wood from
http://www.mediafire.com/file/yddmt1mnz5y/woodr4sdhc.7z
extract it to your card and rename the correct file to akmenu.nds
Copy akmenu4.nds and d_system folder to the root of your card.
Set up your card using DSCovery.exe (.NET runtime required)
Start up your R4 go to the settings, page 2, select loader_r4wood.nds.

The file woodr4sdhc.7z is not available for download anymore at mediafire, and I couldn't find any other source...

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zood! said:
Ok, I read a few pages in this thread, and after trying this and that, I thought I come back here to ask: Is there any half decent tutorial or explanation on installing Dscovered on my original R4?

I did read the "Basic Setup" file, but there really wasn't any help there :-/

QUOTE said:
R4DS - Wood - Basic instructions
Download Xenon++'s build of R4Wood from
http://www.mediafire.com/file/yddmt1mnz5y/woodr4sdhc.7z
extract it to your card and rename the correct file to akmenu.nds
Copy akmenu4.nds and d_system folder to the root of your card.
Set up your card using DSCovery.exe (.NET runtime required)
Start up your R4 go to the settings, page 2, select loader_r4wood.nds.

The file woodr4sdhc.7z is not available for download anymore at mediafire, and I couldn't find any other source...
1) download the following: Alternate Version (Xenon++), Ver 1.11.....download waio.7z
2) open waio.7z and copy /build/WoodR4.nds and /build/rpg/. to your desktop
3) rename WoodR4.nds to akmenu.nds
4) copy the akmenu.nds and /rpg folder to the root of your SD
5) download coverflow
6) copy files to root of SD and follow Spinal's instructions for setting up.
7) copy on games
8) run dscovery from PC. Tip make sure you click on the drive letter in Dscovery. Missing covers can be added and files can be renamed by double clicking.
9) place SD in DS and run
10) Change the loader to the correct one using the stylus to open settings and cruising to the correct tab. (can't remeber what the names of the loaders are but you should be able to work it out)
11) You may also need to turn off soft reset and load homebrew externally. (I'm not sure if this step is still needed it's been a while. Just experiment)

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
OK this is a silly question/request - but some1 had asked for a DSTwo 'plugin' for DSCovered, so I guess he is hoping to run this on a DSTwo (why I don't know
unsure.gif
unless it's just for Homebrew launching)

Anyway, AFAIK 'DScovered' uses either Acekard,M3,R4 or YSMenu loaders to launch Commercial ROMS - but is there a way to get it to launch using DSTwo ??

Lumnous

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Xenon, do you happen to know where the covers go i cant work it out and on my ds i only get the words Unknown on my lower screen

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lumnous said:
Hey Xenon, do you happen to know where the covers go i cant work it out and on my ds i only get the words Unknown on my lower screen
Did you use the Dscovery app on the PC?

Manually adding covers is a bitch. If you don't get the .ini files exact or the cover resolution and bit depth correct it screws up. Just use Dscovery.exe. You can manually add covers via the app without resizing and you can rename the games within the app. Once you have added a new game not recognised by Dscovery the settings and the resized covers will be saved on the PC for the next time you use it. The only catch is if you swap PCs you need to copy the entire DSCovery directory or go through all the adding of the new games again. I have this problem as I switch between my desktop and laptop all the time.

Edit: changed dscovered.exe references to dscovery.exe

Zood!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mantis41 said:
1) download the following: Alternate Version (Xenon++), Ver 1.11.....download waio.7z
2) open waio.7z and copy /build/WoodR4.nds and /build/rpg/. to your desktop
3) rename WoodR4.nds to akmenu.nds
4) copy the akmenu.nds and /rpg folder to the root of your SD
5) download coverflow
6) copy files to root of SD and follow Spinal's instructions for setting up.
7) copy on games
8) run dscovery from PC. Tip make sure you click on the drive letter in Dscovery. Missing covers can be added and files can be renamed by double clicking.
9) place SD in DS and run
10) Change the loader to the correct one using the stylus to open settings and cruising to the correct tab. (can't remeber what the names of the loaders are but you should be able to work it out)
11) You may also need to turn off soft reset and load homebrew externally. (I'm not sure if this step is still needed it's been a while. Just experiment)
Okay, I did all that; also set the wood loader in the options... I still have one little issue - it's not working! :wtf:
The lower area where all the covers should be is just empty... When I select play game, it just loads the Wood firmware...

Do I have to put the games into a special folder?

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zood! said:
Okay, I did all that; also set the wood loader in the options... I still have one little issue - it's not working! :wtf:
The lower area where all the covers should be is just empty... When I select play game, it just loads the Wood firmware...

Do I have to put the games into a special folder?
Ok!
Most people seem to have trouble using DScovery.exe.

Try this. (Spinal I hope you don't mind the direct links to your files)
1) Download dscovered and open the zip
2) Drag the contents of /win into a folder on your PC. I choose /Program Files/Dscovery
3) I then usually make a shortcut to DScovery.exe and place it in my START menu, but it's up to you
4) Change the options in the DScovery shortcut to 'run as administrator'
5) Download the covers pack
6) Drag the contents of the zip to wherever you have DScovery located (merge folders).
7) Insert SD card into PC and run DSCovery.exe.
8) You should have something similar to this:
dscovery1.png

9) Click on the drive letter for your SD card, (it should be already displayed)
10) You should now have something like this:
dscovery2.png

11) You may notice some files in RED and the checkboxes not ticked. These are NDS files that have not been found in the DScovery Data and Covers folder. You will only be interested in the games, homebrew and possibly akmenu.nds.
12) You can click on the change button and browse to a downloaded cover on your PC. Dscovery will automatically create the cover from the image you selected
13) You can also double click the file name and change it as shown below.
dscovery3.png

14) If you still want to access the firmware from DScovered, for cheats and other options then, tick the box for akmenu.nds. There are some nice covers for it in this thread.
15) Once everything is all set up, choose file and then Update Card.
dscovery4.png

16) Once DScovery.exe has run it should work fine in the DS.
There is also a download covers option that I haven’t tried.

Edit: One small trap. Sometimes DScovered will boot to the favorites folder which may be empty. Just use the shoulder button to switch to all files.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really stupid question, does this in any way mess with Akaio? It feels ghetto to me that I have to rename akmenu4 to akmenu and use the one that came with the installation of DScovered too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.