Homebrew Coverflow DS (New project)

Zood!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So, without breaking your discussion apart -.-, does anyone care to list the exact steps of updating woodr4 in dscovered?! No need for exact explanations, I can use google, but the exact order of things wood be nice
smile.gif

FulgoreSama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zood! said:
So, without breaking your discussion apart -.-, does anyone care to list the exact steps of updating woodr4 in dscovered?! No need for exact explanations, I can use google, but the exact order of things wood be nice
smile.gif

It should just be after you select your roms you want to load in dscovery just click the Files tab and click "Update Card".

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
@ 'FulgoreSama': Silly question - why not just Backup your Flashcard, format it & re-install AKAIO from scratch
Then copy back all your ROMS,Music,Text etc back from the back-up

That way you'll know ALL traces of DScovered have been removed from AKAIO

FulgoreSama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
@ 'FulgoreSama': Silly question - why not just Backup your Flashcard, format it & re-install AKAIO from scratch
Then copy back all your ROMS,Music,Text etc back from the back-up

That way you'll know ALL traces of DScovered have been removed from AKAIO

Uh. Because two reasons.

1. That is entirely unnecessary. If I know what I put into my card why would I go through an hour and a half process when I can make up time to make it into maybe 20 tops? (FYI, Yes I do have a slow computer.)
2. I did reinstall akaio from scratch.

Like I said I'm not here to play twenty questions, It was a simple given input towards ones answer that was given, Keep your nose out of business that isn't yours. I'm also certain you only skimmed whatever I posted. I said that I went piece by piece of what I had put in from DScovered, that means .nds, the data folder, the covers, the application for updating and etc.
closedeyes.gif

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FulgoreSama said:
Mantis41 said:
FulgoreSama said:
jurassicplayer said:
omgpwn666 said:
Really stupid question, does this in any way mess with Akaio? It feels ghetto to me that I have to rename akmenu4 to akmenu and use the one that came with the installation of DScovered too.
This doesn't mess with AKAIO...it just loads DSCovered first and then uses AKAIO to run whatever you choose through DSCovered.

I will tell you right now that is incorrect. Because I tried to uninstall this so to speak off of my card after realizing I just couldn't stick to it having to reupdate it everytime I download a rom (which I do often) and it ended up changing my loaders and things. Luckfully I had AKAIO 1.7 backed up incase of such an issue. So yes it does change your akaio.

Basically this is what happened after I removed DSCovery and all the data files and things when I tried to load my AKAIO it would still send me to the smiling card loader and when it "loaded" it would show all purple background and black text of the options and nothing else, Which I had remedied by reinstalling my AKAIO onto my card. This is an overall great homebrew and hope to see it worked on more, I hope though it is perhaps combined with moonshell to make it just like Coverflow.
I think you are over complicating things. Dscovered only edits a few .ini files so the autorun feature works. Nothing else is changed in akaio.

If you want to remove dscovered do this:

delete these:
./d_system/
akmenu4.nds
dscovered.nds (if you have it)

Rename this:
akmenu.nds to akmenu4.nds

clear the autorun from the .ini file

open the following in a text editor - ./_aio/globalsettings.ini
edit - autorunWithLastRom=1 to autorunWithLastRom=0
you could also clear the contens of ./_aio/lastsave.ini for good measure

I think that should do it.

I did all of that, Look im not trying to start anything and I never even touched my file.

Actually I got something interesting to share,

a mediafire link that has a zip with my _aio folder before I did my destruction to the dscovery. Nothing inside was changed. I backed it up incase I had to (I thought of most if not everything)

http://www.mediafire.com/?ik6i717x1pho0dw

Tell me what you see that is wrong.

Those who are reading but don't want to look, I don't even have a globalsettings yet now I do after clearing.
It appears you have deleted your globalsettings.ini file.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FulgoreSama said:
Like I said I'm not here to play twenty questions, It was a simple given input towards ones answer that was given, Keep your nose out of business that isn't yours. I'm also certain you only skimmed whatever I posted. I said that I went piece by piece of what I had put in from DScovered, that means .nds, the data folder, the covers, the application for updating and etc.
closedeyes.gif
This is a global forum, anyone has the right to comment. Please try and be nice.

Edit: If you would prefer a private conversation with someone then please use the mail option.

Leach

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a saving issue with this application. I'm running it on an original R4, with Wood 1.11 installed. Everything works fine, but there is one problem - every time I start a game from DSCovered, it creates a new .sav file and Wood works with nds.sav files. So, is there a way to make them work together?

P.S. I'm sorry if the queston is dumb, or has been answered already. Thanks in advance!

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Leach said:
I have a saving issue with this application. I'm running it on an original R4, with Wood 1.11 installed. Everything works fine, but there is one problem - every time I start a game from DSCovered, it creates a new .sav file and Wood works with nds.sav files. So, is there a way to make them work together?

P.S. I'm sorry if the queston is dumb, or has been answered already. Thanks in advance!
I'm pretty sure if you follow Xenon++'s instructions for the WoodR4 loader, I think it doesn't change the extension used (.nds.sav), but I haven't been able to use my R4 lately (my little brother threw away my mSD TT-TT) so I can't say for sure.

Leach

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
Leach said:

I'm pretty sure if you follow Xenon++'s instructions for the WoodR4 loader, I think it doesn't change the extension used (.nds.sav), but I haven't been able to use my R4 lately (my little brother threw away my mSD TT-TT) so I can't say for sure.

I think I did everything in Xenon++'s instructions, but it's still like that. It seems that DScovered is just not compatible with the nds.sav files that Wood uses and creates blank .sav files on it's own. Oh well...

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leach said:
jurassicplayer said:
Leach said:

I think I did everything in Xenon++'s instructions, but it's still like that. It seems that DScovered is just not compatible with the nds.sav files that Wood uses and creates blank .sav files on it's own. Oh well...
Xenon made his version use .sav instead of .nds.sav as most of us had previous save files from orig R4 firmware or YSmenu that were already in the .sav format. It also meant people could use mutiple R4 firmwares on the on SD card without changing the save format.

If your still keen to use DScovered you just need to rename your saves to .sav and they will work. There were several PC utilities made by members to automate this process, I'm not sure where the links to those are now.

Cheers
grog.gif

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dancemonkey said:
Hi,

How do I get this working on an Acekard2i with the latest Wood loader?

Thanks!!
Wah!
blink.gif
It's either Wood on an R4 or akAIO on an Acekard? Or/ if you want to muddy the waters a little, it could be Wood GUI only runing over the top of one of the other firmwares via moonshell on any number of flash cart types.

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Mantis41 said:
dancemonkey said:
Hi,

How do I get this working on an Acekard2i with the latest Wood loader?

Thanks!!
Wah!
blink.gif
It's either Wood on an R4 or akAIO on an Acekard? Or/ if you want to muddy the waters a little, it could be Wood GUI only runing over the top of one of the other firmwares via moonshell on any number of flash cart types.

Sorry I meant R4. Daughter has R4 but I had my Acekard in my hand when typing
laugh.gif

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dancemonkey said:
Sorry I meant R4. Daughter has R4 but I had my Acekard in my hand when typing
laugh.gif

It works with Xenons patched version of Wood. I am not sure why YWG has never implemented autorun into the official version but there you have it.

Instructions can be found a couple of pages back

Cheers
grog.gif

Edit: Fixed - Xenon now at version 1.12.

renes2

~New World~
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
uhmmmm sry but it didnt work for me >.<

I have a Acekard 2i, and a DSi.

I have made covers for my Homebrew-Zelda game (^^)

But Coverflow loads...........but no Game oO
"unknown" this is the only messag..

ich have a cover and a data ordner, where should i put they??

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
renes2 said:
uhmmmm sry but it didnt work for me >.<

I have a Acekard 2i, and a DSi.

I have made covers for my Homebrew-Zelda game (^^)

But Coverflow loads...........but no Game oO
"unknown" this is the only messag..

ich have a cover and a data ordner, where should i put they??
I am guessing the dscovery app on the PC didn't work quite right. Try going back to page 100 of this thread and then scroll down 10 or so posts. Hopefully something in there might be the key.

Cheers
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So MJ no longer wants to play with it?