Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
RETRO_GAMER said:
can i use dscovered on a DSTWO
Sort of, but not really. At best, all it will be is a cover viewer without the ability to actually do anything.

QUOTE(omgpwn666 @ Aug 5 2010, 10:53 PM) Really stupid question, does this in any way mess with Akaio? It feels ghetto to me that I have to rename akmenu4 to akmenu and use the one that came with the installation of DScovered too.
This doesn't mess with AKAIO...it just loads DSCovered first and then uses AKAIO to run whatever you choose through DSCovered.

Zood!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Question: What about updating? It seems it needs a certain modified wood firmware version (?)...
So I cannot update "normally"?

RETRO_GAMER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
how i update the loader. how i now what loader version i have. i use dscovered with 1.9 GUI but i dont now about the loader, i have R4 original, i renamed the woodr4.nds file in your waio folder to akmenu.nds

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So if you use woodr4.nds in waio 1.00 package, you should notice /__rpg/r4loader.nds, which is from 1.11.
You just have to decrypt latest woodr4 and use my revised akextract.

Halo-101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help Xenon Please I tried it but when i boot up a game it doesnt load the rom just the gui.i renamed woodr4ext.nds to akmenu.nds and replaced the previous one.please help.i want to use WOOD R4 With 1.11 Compatiblity With DSCovered(BTW Wood L+X Still bring up cheat menu?) THNX IN ADVANCE

Zood!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Xenon++ said:
So if you use woodr4.nds in waio 1.00 package, you should notice /__rpg/r4loader.nds, which is from 1.11.

Uh well I went as far as downloading r4crypt... and then the technobabble scared me off ^^

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenon++ said:
I'm confused. Again!

I just used the woodr4.nds renamed to akmenu.nds and the ./rpg folder from the latest waio package and it works great. I didn't decrypt anything. I have no idea what version this puts me on, but it seems to works ok.

Edit: Typo

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Halo-101 said:
Help Xenon Please I tried it but when i boot up a game it doesnt load the rom just the gui.i renamed woodr4ext.nds to akmenu.nds and replaced the previous one.please help.i want to use WOOD R4 With 1.11 Compatiblity With DSCovered(BTW Wood L+X Still bring up cheat menu?) THNX IN ADVANCE
Are you using woodr4.nds in waio 1.00 package?

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mantis41 said:
Xenon++ said:
I'm confused. Again!

I just used the woodr4.nds renamed to akmenu.nds and the ./rpg folder from the latest waio package and it works great. I didn't decrypt anything. I have no idea what vesion this puts me on, but it seems to works ok.
I'll give you loader update so dont worry

FulgoreSama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
omgpwn666 said:
Really stupid question, does this in any way mess with Akaio? It feels ghetto to me that I have to rename akmenu4 to akmenu and use the one that came with the installation of DScovered too.
This doesn't mess with AKAIO...it just loads DSCovered first and then uses AKAIO to run whatever you choose through DSCovered.

I will tell you right now that is incorrect. Because I tried to uninstall this so to speak off of my card after realizing I just couldn't stick to it having to reupdate it everytime I download a rom (which I do often) and it ended up changing my loaders and things. Luckfully I had AKAIO 1.7 backed up incase of such an issue. So yes it does change your akaio.

Basically this is what happened after I removed DSCovery and all the data files and things when I tried to load my AKAIO it would still send me to the smiling card loader and when it "loaded" it would show all purple background and black text of the options and nothing else, Which I had remedied by reinstalling my AKAIO onto my card. This is an overall great homebrew and hope to see it worked on more, I hope though it is perhaps combined with moonshell to make it just like Coverflow.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
FulgoreSama said:
I will tell you right now that is incorrect. Because I tried to uninstall this so to speak off of my card after realizing I just couldn't stick to it having to reupdate it everytime I download a rom (which I do often) and it ended up changing my loaders and things. Luckfully I had AKAIO 1.7 backed up incase of such an issue. So yes it does change your akaio.

Basically this is what happened after I removed DSCovery and all the data files and things when I tried to load my AKAIO it would still send me to the smiling card loader and when it "loaded" it would show all purple background and black text of the options and nothing else, Which I had remedied by reinstalling my AKAIO onto my card. This is an overall great homebrew and hope to see it worked on more, I hope though it is perhaps combined with moonshell to make it just like Coverflow.
o.0...You have no idea what it was doing do you? As long as you know what files are used for DSCovered and what things to change, then yes AKAIO is left virtually unaltered.

FulgoreSama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
FulgoreSama said:

o.0...You have no idea what it was doing do you? As long as you know what files are used for DSCovered and what things to change, then yes AKAIO is left virtually unaltered.

But that's just it jurassic. It is altered when you install it. Personally I don't care what It was doing at all, there are those who make applications or homebrew for public use, Now those in todays time who use a product will not generally look for the specifics unless it is entirely necessary. I was simply answering his question more directly. You only said no it does not. When you remove all of the files FROM a recent installment of a program and It still ends up leaving a trail of itself from another program that is altering no matter what you call it. I uninstalled it piece by piece until all that was left was the _aio folder and it still did what I said. I could honest to god redo my process of it and show you that you are entirely wrong but It would be useless for I do not have any video recording device for proving a insignificant point.

tl;dr edition to what i said: If he takes your word completely word for word like most leading into something new into the dark would, he would make another post complaining about why it what happened after thinking "Oh I'll remove every file that I placed into my card from spinal_cord's homebrew!"

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
FulgoreSama said:
But that's just it jurassic. It is altered when you install it. Personally I don't care what It was doing at all, there are those who make applications or homebrew for public use, Now those in todays time who use a product will not generally look for the specifics unless it is entirely necessary. I was simply answering his question more directly. You only said no it does not. When you remove all of the files FROM a recent installment of a program and It still ends up leaving a trail of itself from another program that is altering no matter what you call it. I uninstalled it piece by piece until all that was left was the _aio folder and it still did what I said. I could honest to god redo my process of it and show you that you are entirely wrong but It would be useless for I do not have any video recording device for proving a insignificant point.

tl;dr edition to what i said: If he takes your word completely word for word like most leading into something new into the dark would, he would make another post complaining about why it what happened after thinking "Oh I'll remove every file that I placed into my card from spinal_cord's homebrew!"
Well, I suppose its fine with either explanation (though I would suggest understanding part of what is happening since if you ever try any other alternative firmware, it will be using a similar method or idea). I'll stick with my answer because I'm the kind of person that says everything literally and it has my hopes of him actually knowing what he is doing (I just realized that I expect that from everyone xD)...and if he really did just put it on and run it...then just be careful if someone tries to swindle you with r0mloader or taihen.nds (they will brick your DS)...

I think in your situation, you were using the akmenu4.nds from dscovered. The acekard boots the file akmenu4.nds always, regardless if its homebrew or a kernel. The download comes with its own akmenu4.nds because DSCovered was meant to be the default boot with akmenu.nds as the original AKAIO/acekard firmware, thus the acekard boots to DSCovered. AKAIO is of course left untouched (unless Spinal_cord is using the same method as Xenon++, which would mean that the globalsettings.ini has the autoRunLastRom set to 1 instead of 0) and is off to the side for the most part.

Anyways, if you got your answer omgpwn666, then its all great...Also, sorry to you FulgoreSama if my way of thinking has left you pissed at me, it isn't something I can change very easily, nor would I ever hope to change it, but rest assured that your anger isn't wasted because I'll try to keep in mind that there are many people that are just starting with DS homebrew and don't know the smaller details.

@RoyalCardMan: ...This was a big hit...and it already can run commercial roms...you are very behind the times xD.

FulgoreSama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
FulgoreSama said:

Anyways, if you got your answer omgpwn666, then its all great...Also, sorry to you FulgoreSama if my way of thinking has left you pissed at me, it isn't something I can change very easily, nor would I ever hope to change it, but rest assured that your anger isn't wasted because I'll try to keep in mind that there are many people that are just starting with DS homebrew and don't know the smaller details.

@RoyalCardMan: ...This was a big hit...and it already can run commercial roms...you are very behind the times xD.

Naw bro, No hard feelings. The only reason I wasn't happy with your statement was because of the fact it was highly newbie unfriendly and I was honestly just wanting to make sure someone whos 100% new to this could benefit as well because I believe knowing how and not how to uninstall and reinstall and what not of a program should be an important fact to not mess up.

Also, I understand where your idea is coming from with the akmenu.nds but that's just it like I mentioned, I utterly destroyed and deleted everything DScovery had put on my card. I even swapped them incase you were right at the time because I was fearing in some way I mightve messed up my card because when I tried before It was white screening when I tried to swap from the coverflow to AKAIO's menu.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FulgoreSama said:
jurassicplayer said:
omgpwn666 said:
Really stupid question, does this in any way mess with Akaio? It feels ghetto to me that I have to rename akmenu4 to akmenu and use the one that came with the installation of DScovered too.

I think you are over complicating things. Dscovered only edits a few .ini files so the autorun feature works. Nothing else is changed in akaio.

If you want to remove dscovered do this:

delete these:
./d_system/
akmenu4.nds
dscovered.nds (if you have it)

Rename this:
akmenu.nds to akmenu4.nds

clear the autorun from the .ini file

open the following in a text editor - ./_aio/globalsettings.ini
edit - autorunWithLastRom=1 to autorunWithLastRom=0
you could also clear the contens of ./_aio/lastsave.ini for good measure

I think that should do it.

FulgoreSama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mantis41 said:
FulgoreSama said:
jurassicplayer said:
omgpwn666 said:

I think you are over complicating things. Dscovered only edits a few .ini files so the autorun feature works. Nothing else is changed in akaio.

If you want to remove dscovered do this:

delete these:
./d_system/
akmenu4.nds
dscovered.nds (if you have it)

Rename this:
akmenu.nds to akmenu4.nds

clear the autorun from the .ini file

open the following in a text editor - ./_aio/globalsettings.ini
edit - autorunWithLastRom=1 to autorunWithLastRom=0
you could also clear the contens of ./_aio/lastsave.ini for good measure

I think that should do it.

I did all of that, Look im not trying to start anything and I never even touched my file.

Actually I got something interesting to share,

a mediafire link that has a zip with my _aio folder before I did my destruction to the dscovery. Nothing inside was changed. I backed it up incase I had to (I thought of most if not everything)

http://www.mediafire.com/?ik6i717x1pho0dw

Tell me what you see that is wrong.

Those who are reading but don't want to look, I don't even have a globalsettings yet now I do after clearing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: the 2nd pic dun show much, just topdown view of the layout