Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
They are...

Xenon++ said:
Off topic: WoodR4 for R4SDHC+autorunWithLastRom is in testing phase. Please be patient.

See that post, its on this page even!

(thanks Xenon++!!)
Cool! missed that while scanning.
Cheers
grog.gif

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I guess since this wasn't made this is how to install DSision3 on a Supercard onei.
There are two different ways to this. I am making steps to both.

Side firmware
Step 1: Install EOS
Step 2: Install YSmenu, I am not putting the steps up because by now there are a million walkthroughs on installing it.
Step 3: Make sure you have YSMenu.nds and YSMENU.INI only in the root of your card and not in the YSmenu folder.
Step 4: Go into the YSmenu folder and copy, ttdldi.dat, ttpatch.dat. Paste those into the Root of your MircoSD.
Step 5: Download this
Step 6: Inside that file are the files needed to run roms, it's both the plugin and the files to run DSision3 as a primary firmware. Right now if you want it as a side firmware just copy the loader_ysmenu.nds into the loader section.
Step 7: Setup your files using DScovered
Step 8: Load into it from EOS. Then load into DSision3 and set up the plugin.
Step 9: Enjoy
Step 10: If I missed a step please tell me.

[title:Primary Firmware]Alright after doing all those steps, this one is the easiest
Step 1: Rename SCFW.SC to ESO.NDS
Step 2: Copy MSFORSC.NDS (provided by me) and ttmenu.dat (provided with the file provide by spinal_cord) to the Root of your card
Step 3: Run DScovered and set a cover for the EOS.NDS. I didn't provide a cover because I don't have one, I just used the Moonshell cover myself for now. If someone could make a cover and upload it, that would be nice.

EDIT: Forgot to add, to turn on Soft-reset all you need to do is load a rom, but when you start loading it, hold B till it boots into YSmenu, from there go into where you you keep your games and and turn on the reset that way.
EDIT again: Or just edit the YSMENU.ini to say soft reset=True and all games will automatically have soft reset

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
Discover DScovered
Info for Moonshell USERS:
Exit firmware will works if in moonshell2/resetmse folder do relace reset file by dscovered.nds (tested:R4TF.nds or notTestedYet:RPGS.nds)
Softreset should be enabled in DScovered settings.

spinal_cord >
1. Q: Is possible to change background colors of top and bottom screen
2. When I add cover bmp to the covers and selest bmp file it is converting to another pic like to jpg. So when I add pink color for cover transparency, pink (255,0,255) is transparent but the rest of cover is F!@#$@! PINK!!!
Q: Is DScovery windows app compress manually browsed bmps? If so, for what? Is it possible to turn this off? If You know what I mean, OK. If not, I can post photos of thise strange behaviour.

Info for R4 and YSmenu users (previous Acekard+YSmenu information is complete)
White screen? Read short story.
R4 with Coversflow last 140410 ver. works. I've got problem to run roms. Ysmenu run correctly if i add it to list in win wersion but roms won't start. White screen.
It's working now but I can't figure out where was problem.
I used dldi patched ysmenu.nds! NO never do that.
YSmenu.nds shoul be pure as Yasu zipped it.

1 more thing. As I wrote in AK solution for Covers:
ysmenu.ini has to be in root ONLY.
If a copy of ini is in TTMENU folder, sometimes when last loaded rom was loaded incorrectly, the next time U want to load another nds it could be impossibe to do that, the first rom will load not last entered.

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Pink Cat Boy said:
EDIT: Forgot to add, to turn on Soft-reset all you need to do is load a rom, but when you start loading it, hold B till it boots into YSmenu, from there go into where you you keep your games and and turn on the reset that way.

If you don't want "hold B" you can use iniclear instead...

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2758249
http://www.mediafire.com/file/hznmxjjozyn/...ols_r30_beta.7z

Notice: this woodr4 build is still in beta version. Also inilink(use with extlink wrapper) is untested.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
ceteksretek said:
spinal_cord >
2. When I add cover bmp to the covers and selest bmp file it is converting to another pic like to jpg. So when I add pink color for cover transparency, pink (255,0,255) is transparent but the rest of cover is F!@#$@! PINK!!!
Q: Is DScovery windows app compress manually browsed bmps? If so, for what? Is it possible to turn this off? If You know what I mean, OK. If not, I can post photos of thise strange behaviour.

1. Background colours? if you mean the pink bits, then no, there is no need to either.

2. Make sure your cover image does NOT have the pink bit on at all, these are ALWAYS added by DSCovery. Your cover images need absolutely no treatment before loading them into DSCovery. The app expects the images to be full without any transparency or anything like that. DO NOT ADD THE TRANSPARENCY YOURSELF, just load the image in its original form.
The only compression done to the images is in the form of color reduction, which is a necessary step in displaying the images on the DS.

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Very sorry.

Use WoodR4SDHC + inilink combo on R4 Original. Unfortunately we cannot get WoodR4SDHC work on SDHC (regardless of its name - so ROM patching SRAM/EEPROM=>SDHC isn't achieved)

FTommy

Trophies
Website
mmbnchronox.com
XP
Country
Hungary
The App is great.Downloading the newest version ATM.The only problem i could think of is the cheat function is not usable with CoverFlow.Will there be an update with that in the future?

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be good if the homebrew detected if a game has cheats and lets you activate/deactivate them. Could also be good if it could load games from Wood on an R4 and if u could just simple touch the game icon u want and it would launch, among other things...

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Pink Cat Boy said:
*snip* ....but my screen flickers sometimes.
I stated this pages ago, but Spinal (nor, anyone else for that mattter) cared to reply.
I've had DSCovered running on the second of my original R4DS for a few weeks now, but the bottom screen does flicker through the middle of it as I scroll through the cover art.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Dark^'^Knight said:
The Pink Cat Boy said:
*snip* ....but my screen flickers sometimes.
I stated this pages ago, but Spinal (nor, anyone else for that mattter) cared to reply.
I've had DSCovered running on the second of my original R4DS for a few weeks now, but the bottom screen does flicker through the middle of it as I scroll through the cover art.

Well at least it's not just my 8g that is having the problem.

QUOTE(ceteksretek @ Apr 15 2010, 08:05 PM)
1 more thing. As I wrote in AK solution for Covers:
ysmenu.ini has to be in root ONLY.
If a copy of ini is in TTMENU folder, sometimes when last loaded rom was loaded incorrectly, the next time U want to load another nds it could be impossibe to do that, the first rom will load not last entered.
I will test a few things out then. Because when I have it in two places it doesn't load my roms, if I have it only in the YSmenu folder it does nothing. So I will fiddle with it

EDIT: Took a few seconds as always. For some reason now when I just have it in the YSMenu folder it works fine. So you can have it either in just the Root or just the YSmenu folder, not both
I revised my installation post.

mr.spickle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
On my acekard 2i, DScovered corrupted some of my save files and whenever I played them it came up with a message saying save file corrupted. I got around this by putting save files from my backup onto my acekard and it worked fine.

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
spinal_cord said:
ceteksretek said:
spinal_cord >

1. Background colours? if you mean the pink bits, then no, there is no need to either.

2. Make sure your cover image does NOT have the pink bit on at all, these are ALWAYS added by DSCovery. Your cover images need absolutely no treatment before loading them into DSCovery. The app expects the images to be full without any transparency or anything like that. DO NOT ADD THE TRANSPARENCY YOURSELF, just load the image in its original form.
The only compression done to the images is in the form of color reduction, which is a necessary step in displaying the images on the DS.

THX for 2'nd answer. All is clear now for me.
Back to first Q. I meant that if I can change background color in the bottom screen. Now is grey, but looks ugly with hm, gradient? Can i change it manually to ie. black?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far