Hacking Coverflow demo

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry i got 505 games back to front covers .. .. i forgot to add 0505 - Gravity. just the people with the soucre who needed them , pm me ,,

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@gEist: Serirously for what do you want the source ?
To release your "own" copied Coverflow GUI sorry that´s stupid.
People should really stop to ask everytime for sources.

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
ii mean just the people with the soucre , just pm me , i dont want the source , just the poeple who are buildin it ,, can get it off of me ...

the Pack is 1.24GB ,

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
2mwtklc.png

A quick photoshop.. Just to say that per game backdrops would be nice.. Very nice. I am willing to do more of them if you decide to add something like that. No hurry, though, take your time.

D

Deleted-171178

roku93 said:
2mwtklc.png

A quick photoshop.. Just to say that per game backdrops would be nice.. Very nice. I am willing to do more of them if you decide to add something like that. No hurry, though, take your time.
I wouldnt like that. We have covers and thats enough
moogle.gif

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I must say, after playing around with dol some more, I'm totally amazed at how responsive and fast it is. Okay, there's no loader attached, and the gamelist+wfbs isn't implemented, but still, the images load from SD, just like the coverart usbloaders... and most of them are slow as hell...

All in really cool. It looks like image preloading is already done, since all the images show up at once. I guess the real challenge is recoding the gamelist function from the usbloader to preload the games and attach them to the coverart in some kind of multidimensional array... Printing the game title beneath the selected cover, in a "non-console"-nice kind of way and stuff... really, really impressive...

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
jservs7 said:
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
Any way of adding a SWF, GIF, or AVI file into this loader? If so, I can create 3D spinning covers, like the one below!

TiMeBoMb
yay.gif
THIS..... IS.... IT!
ohmy.gif
Well, it's nice...although it's harder to find full Covers...and I think it doesn't realy fit in the Coverflow-Style...it was never 3D, and I think Apple had a reason for that...anyways, would make sense to integrate this for the selected cover...but only there
wink.gif
Well again, this doesn't have to be completely like cover flow. The 3D boxes would look great once your actually select a disc from the flow list, so when it comes into closer view, the box flips just like it does in TimeBomb's demo and from there, you can choose to play the game or change options.

I think that would even be a +1 over Apple's coverflow.
smile.gif

bluebird12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People who can't code or aren't going to contribute to the project shouldn't be allowed to post in this thread. No offense, "you should include this or that" isn't very productive at all. Just let the man work, and only people who actually code like Fors, maddoc, nixx, and the many other coders here should be able to help.

superbob

Trophies
XP
Country
France
nIxx said:
Well ... for the same reason the SD/USB loader and WBFS tool are open-source, because, the code can be improved, functions can be added and the soft can be adapted for someone's need (ex with childproof safety, or various fixes (sorg, lopst, ...) for the loader) ...
I don't think the stupid guy is gEist ...
Well that doesn't mean that Hibern MUST release his sources, he does what he wants with them ... but releasing the sources is a good way to improve quickly a soft ... it's a fact.

EDIT: what I mean is : the fact of 'asking' the source only for oneself (without giving the modified sources to the creator or the community) can be stupid, but the fact of open source is far from being stupid

gEist

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so,... only peeps "who" code here are coders or what?
there are a lot of peeps out of here, who never post here and could "test"/improve/add/functions things.
i dont know what other peeps,like me (who are NOT posting here, only reading) can code, but i know what i can...

I dont say that he MUST release the source, but it would be nice to see, not only for the "basecoders" maddoc, nixx, Fors etc.
Again, it would be "nice" to see.

(see source rlsd by wannaniko, what the community gained in the last couple months/days/etc....)

"To release your "own" copied Coverflow GUI sorry that´s stupid."

oh yes i would do this
rolleyes.gif

maddoc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
superbob said:
nIxx said:
Well ... for the same reason the SD/USB loader and WBFS tool are open-source, because, the code can be improved, functions can be added and the soft can be adapted for someone's need (ex with childproof safety, or various fixes (sorg, lopst, ...) for the loader) ...
I don't think the stupid guy is gEist ...
Well that doesn't mean that Hibern MUST release his sources, he does what he wants with them ... but releasing the sources is a good way to improve quickly a soft ... it's a fact.

Releasing the source now would only mean a thousand copies of the same buggy menu.
Releasing the source after the project is complete and in an usuable state is something else.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Or release the source is like with the USB Loaders we have now hundred´s of them and very much all are the same no offense but most of them are pointless (like i said if everyone had worked together we would have done a few good loader much faster and not so many of them).
Anothe thing is if you can´t code you can´t improve anything
wink.gif
change a BG isn´t coding right ?
And to insert ocarina ,video mode fixes and so isn´t difficult at all because we had already the sources.

My point is that like you can see alread people are asking for the source or "please pm me i would like to have the source" so what do you think then will happen when he release the source.
I can predict you that then we will see "Coverflow by XXX" from many people.
If someone really wants to contribute try do something usefull for this project (again for example write a demo for wiimotion control and if he wants give him your work) and don´t ask for the source.

That´s my opinion and i´m not the "great coder" or whatever i for one only put some already released sources together and added Cover image support (at least a small improvment).

Kurisai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as this is being worked on, I'm fine with no source code. The lack of source code only really hurts when someone tends to abandon a project, and since the creator of this has posted maybe three times in this topic, I'll just hope that he's working on the code more?
smile.gif
I mean, at least the guy was nice enough to not even bother showing us a demo until it had most of its visual features.

Source would only make the overall progress go faster though, it wouldn't necessarily give us a better product. Once it has functionality though, a source would be nice for various changes such as the 3d box art for those who may want it.

amars464

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ummm this thread is getting kind of derailed methinks. I think the best way to put it is this. Everyone will probably get the source code, but only once this hits a stable release (fully working coverflow, with the actual ability to load games). At least that's how I think it will go down. Just have some patience, you can't force someone to release source code. In fact chances are, the more you tell him to do it, the less he'll want to even work on the project in general.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi