Hacking Coverflow demo

amars464

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say at least trying out the idea of using a 3D box wouldn't be a horrible idea at least to see how it looks. Then again, I don't know much from the coding end of things, so if it would be a pain to implement, then it might be more work than it's worth, but I would love to see how it would look with something like that. The only problem I could foresee with using the 3D boxes is the issue of the spines on the boxes. It would either have to be a generic spine with the Wii logo, or we'd have to have images of the spines for every game we have.

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any way of adding a SWF, GIF, or AVI file into this loader? If so, I can create 3D spinning covers, like the one below!

TiMeBoMb
yay.gif

Hibern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Please send me the mesh (in a format that can be read by free software please, i don't do 3D), and the skin. Now i'm late for work ! Bye.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Forsaekn said:
I'm damn impressed. An artist. This is exactly how I envisioned a menu.

I will donate my time to this cause. I'd be glad to work with you on this, just say the word / pm the source.

Fors
an other question. are you still working on your csm and the other goodies?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hibern said:
Please send me the mesh (in a format that can be read by free software please, i don't do 3D), and the skin. Now i'm late for work ! Bye.

Hibern, I would recommend Forsaekn if you do need help with any of this - he really knows his stuff and is a good guy.
Excellent work so far and good input from the community.

I think someone posted before that loading over 6 images at once uses a lot of memory and load slower from the SD card.

There is another group (including waninkoko) working on wbfs+ which will allow images to be stored on the HD if things go right - they are debating about what file system to use , but it either way it may lead to faster load times for images which will help this coverflow system.

also your welcome to get the boxart that the lads have put onto the wii boxart website here : http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/ if u want to get the loader to auto download the images to the SD card

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks great! Something to consider if you don't want to write your own loader and instead integrate one that's already a project in the community:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147085

Check that thread out, I bet if you just gave some credit where it's due, you could spend more time developing your kick ass interface.

It's pretty sweet to see the community come together on projects like this once the cat gets out of the bag..

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
NeoRame said:
your coverflow must merge with this USBL Mod then we would have the USB GOD MOD
And like always...a few hours away, and my dream becomes true...
rolleyes.gif
I'm so happy now . LOVE IT!!!! Woho!!!! HELL YEAH!!! PLEASE, KEEP IT GOING!!! Man, this is a great day
biggrin.gif
yay.gif
bow.gif

Oh, and please merge with the Ultimate-Loader, like NeoRame suggested...I'm shure they'll help you with pleasure
smile.gif

And...: Can I do the Graphics? I'm pretty good at copying Apple, look here:

It's the "No Cover avaible"-Picture, based on Apples-Design...and no, it's not to white, it's transparent, so it will look perfect on a dark ground. Like it's from Apple
tongue.gif
. I also have done some Buttons, etc...PM me, if you are interessted
smile.gif
. I would love to help..this is my dream since the first day, I hope so badly that this becomes true
smile.gif
. I'll try to do as much as I can to help you.

Keep it going, realy awesome. I'm now trying to calm down a bit...

~Blue-K

P.s @djtaz: Maybe you could also suggest that .xmb-Files/.txt-Files could be read in the Thread...Future-Proof, you know
wink.gif
? Would be also good...

atupac

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Blue-K said:
NeoRame said:
your coverflow must merge with this USBL Mod then we would have the USB GOD MOD
And like always...a few hours away, and my dream becomes true...
rolleyes.gif
I'm so happy now . LOVE IT!!!! Woho!!!! HELL YEAH!!! PLEASE, KEEP IT GOING!!! Man, this is a great day
biggrin.gif
yay.gif
bow.gif

Oh, and please merge with the Ultimate-Loader, like NeoRame suggested...I'm shure they'll help you with pleasure
smile.gif

And...: Can I do the Graphics? I'm pretty good at copying Apple, look here:

It's the "No Cover avaible"-Picture, based on Apples-Design...and no, it's not to white, it's transparent, so it will look perfect on a dark ground. Like it's from Apple
tongue.gif
. I also have done some Buttons, etc...PM me, if you are interessted
smile.gif
. I would love to help..this is my dream since the first day, I hope so badly that this becomes true
smile.gif
. I'll try to do as much as I can to help you.

Keep it going, realy awesome. I'm now trying to calm down a bit...

~Blue-K

Yeah me Blue-K fand on Itunes Touch!!! Can't wait...Let it go^^ Why not to call this loader after total merging: "iTouch_USBLoader"
yay.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
jservs7 said:
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
Any way of adding a SWF, GIF, or AVI file into this loader? If so, I can create 3D spinning covers, like the one below!

TiMeBoMb
yay.gif
THIS..... IS.... IT!
ohmy.gif
Well, it's nice...although it's harder to find full Covers...and I think it doesn't realy fit in the Coverflow-Style...it was never 3D, and I think Apple had a reason for that...anyways, would make sense to integrate this for the selected cover...but only there
wink.gif

@Hibern: Oh, and here's again something from my work I've done...I always tried to copy the Coverflow-Look, see here:

(Damm, I realy want to help, I realy want to do the graphics...
tongue.gif
. Please...J'espére...
tongue.gif
)

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is totally cool indeed... the demo works like magic!

The real problem is the loading of the boxart images... in al the other "coverflow eske" loaders, de browsing through the images is pretty slow, the images load too slow, that's what's keeping me from using it at the moment.

I was looking into a way to resolve this yesterday, maybe preloading the coverart and storing it in an array or something; but preloading every image would be a memory issue I think... still totally awesome! Would love the source
wink.gif

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
precachig pictures shouldn't be a big problem. it's even possible with javascript. so i guess a c++ coder who is capable of coding something like the demo could get it done
wink.gif

D

Deleted-171178

For the 3d wii box coverart, could we not have a base "net" of a wii case and add a front and back cover?

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hibern said:
Well, I'm using Cover Commander. It is not freeware.

I'm late for work too... Let me know what you want me to do!

TiMeBoMb
yay.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @BigOnYa ??