Status
Not open for further replies.

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
fishears said:
r1056 added to updater.
This just brings initial USB Keyboard support to all functions that use the on-screen keyboard.

I AM working on FAT/NTFS support but it's not easy and there's only me - still, I'm confident
ninja.gif

Just you!!!! Thanks for keeping it alive

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Fishears,

I notice after you run the boot.dol once it creates the missing folders, and on the root of the sd card I now have USB-LOADER or something of the sort, but the loader itself is still in apps/coverfloader/

is it possible to change the locations of all these folders so that we can keep it all clean in one root folder directory? not a big deal I just like the organization, and when your fat is working, I 'd like to have an USB:/apps/coverfloader/ structure.

and thanks for the Tweet, I will wait for you to sort it out.. no rush.. Cheers!
yaywii.gif

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
You should be able to put your folders wherever you like. You can edit them in CoverFloader by clicking the "i" button on the main screen (top right) and going to page 2. That shows you all the paths used and you can edit them with the OSK or with a USB keyboard (since r1056). Alternatively you can edit them on your computer by changing the relevant entries in "wiicoverflow.xml" (found, by default, in "/usb-loader/")

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fishears said:
changing the relevant entries in "wiicoverflow.xml" (found, by default, in "/usb-loader/")

but in order to see the changes you have to edit and load the XML file, which is in /usb-loader/, what if I wanted to locate the xml file right in /apps/coverfloader/ , would it recreate the /usb-loader/ and be empty?

my ultimate goal is to have one root directory on either the SD or USB for /apps/coverfloader and no SD root folders.. if possible
unsure.gif

oh I think I might try and take a look at some of code now... once I figure how to compile the source on my MAC.. its all new to me
wacko.gif

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
@fishears : hey dude, do you have support for direct launching in coverfloader?
So if yes could you make a different build (with precompilation macros) so that the resulting dol doesn't contain any unused parts like playing banner sound & zip stuff & images that won't display and so on?

It would be a good direct launcher.

If it supports argument passing I can add support for that in Crap too (forwarder style)

Btw recently I removed unmanaged code from Crap, maybe I can make a separate release for Mono... dunno...

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Doctair said:
but in order to see the changes you have to edit and load the XML file, which is in /usb-loader/, what if I wanted to locate the xml file right in /apps/coverfloader/ , would it recreate the /usb-loader/ and be empty?

my ultimate goal is to have one root directory on either the SD or USB for /apps/coverfloader and no SD root folders.. if possible
unsure.gif

oh I think I might try and take a look at some of code now... once I figure how to compile the source on my MAC.. its all new to me
wacko.gif

To stop it recreating the standard dirs you should make the changes WITHIN CoverFloader rather than on your computer...

Posts merged

QUOTE(WiiCrazy @ Mar 17 2010, 12:22 AM) @fishears : hey dude, do you have support for direct launching in coverfloader?
So if yes could you make a different build (with precompilation macros) so that the resulting dol doesn't contain any unused parts like playing banner sound & zip stuff & images that won't display and so on?

If it supports argument passing I can add support for that in Crap too (forwarder style)

Btw recently I removed unmanaged code from Crap, maybe I can make a separate release for Mono... dunno...

We have code for a separate bootloader - we used it when memory was tight & it takes args - might be a bit out of date now though. I could add it to my todo list
biggrin.gif

+1 for making a mono release! Linux is the future.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
fishears said:
WiiCrazy said:
@fishears : hey dude, do you have support for direct launching in coverfloader?

We have code for a separate bootloader - we used it when memory was tight & it takes args - might be a bit out of date now though. I could add it to my todo list
biggrin.gif

+1 for making a mono release! Linux is the future.

That's great, an up to date direct launcher with affordable size definitely needed here. Now I browsed through the code for bootloader and it's really old, probably will take a lot of effort to move the loader specific code to the bootloader side but still I think it's not impossible.

cheers

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
mgn54 said:
Wow, a whopping 196 posts! Very interesting stuff but the first Pre-Reg link to set up a Wii hard drive is broken:

http://www.mikeandheth.com/games/97-connec...hard-drive.html

Does anyone have another link that details installing the Homebrew Channel and cIOS? Perhaps this could replace the other link in the guide.

Thanks

TBH the first post is somewhat out of date all round. The best place to go for up to date information about this loader's requirements is our GoogleCode site (link in my sig). The best guide I've found for setting up your Wii for Homebrew (currently) is this one but you should be sure you have read and understood it before you proceed as you won't necessarily need/want cIOSCorp or even Priiloader...

misteromar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just upgraded to cios rev 19 and r1055, every thing is working very good so far.

I just wondering if support for using cios slot 250 was on the cards similarly to choosing hermes cios?

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
misteromar said:
I just upgraded to cios rev 19 and r1055, every thing is working very good so far.

I just wondering if support for using cios slot 250 was on the cards similarly to choosing hermes cios?

Always nice to hear that the loader is working
grog.gif

If people want 250 selection and it will be useful then it will happen but there's a feature-freeze until I get FAT/NTFS support in and stable.
You can log an enhancement request on the Issues page if you like.

BTW 1.2 isn't really the last stable build - we just changed the way we release. All releases in the 1.3 line (including r1055) can be considered stable unless otherwise indicated on the Downloads page.

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, just wanted to say I think you keeping this project going is awesome! I've followed it from the start. I thought it was dead and recommended a similar loader and I apologize for what I said before. That kinda came off as mean...

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
LWares said:
fishears, i get a DSi error when i don't have a usb storage device plugged in. Can u look into plz.

I'm deep into re-writing all of the disk access code to make it FAT/NTFS/WBFS compatible. That particular bit of code (USB device mounting) was never satisfactory IMO so hopefully the next release (soon) will sort this out for you as it should try to mount SD where no USB is present...
Can you wait?
wink.gif

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Fishears, hows the new Filesystem code coming?

If you need someone to beta test, give feedback etc, let me know will be glad to help..
wink.gif

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Doctair said:
Hey Fishears, hows the new Filesystem code coming?

If you need someone to beta test, give feedback etc, let me know will be glad to help..
wink.gif

I'm slogging away at it - progress is good but I seem to have a lot of other stuff to do right now. Decorating the kitchen is the biggest eater of my time....

Thanks for the offer of testing but be aware that it may destroy your FS
wtf.gif
I'm sure I'll destroy mine a few more times!

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Fishears, back from the dead for a short while....
smile.gif

What would you like me to update the first post with? Wish there was a way to allow GBAtemp to let you edit it for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Lord Jizzus approves!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See religion always end in nudity
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's probably a nudist cult that exists.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    This is how I want to bone but it's my views that I know are right
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    👈 [belongs to one]
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish people that think they're right about everything didn't exist half the time
    Such as you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's your way of thinking
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet it be tough finding a job, if you were a nudist.
    or vice versa
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah it's easy all they gotta do is blow long breaths of air
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Confronts a nudist "Why be a nudist?" "I'm not a nudist you dick, I'm homeless and poor."
    +1
    I'm also saving 💰 . You know how much it is to just wash your clothes? pffffft
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I saved 1k this month by being poor tbh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Been eating Ramen all month, but my PC is badass!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ramen still delicious don't care how much money I'll have
    +1
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'm eating less, but mostly because I'm trying to avoid getting called heavy again during this year's health exam
    +1
  • Minox @ Minox:
    There's only so many ways they can say "You're fat by our country's standards"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My cholesterol was almost 350 so really stopped going out lol
    [uploads some 🐟 for you] :D @Minox
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'll stick with my kimchi thank you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Triglycerides almost 900
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Triglycerides almost 900