Hacking Cover Flow USB ISO Loader by Beardface

Status
Not open for further replies.

bootlegclan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi again, alot of the recent post have been using fowader to get it as a channel.
can someone explain the why you would use a fowader instead of just turnung it into a wad.
Is it just for memory reasons (ie covers may be stored on the machine memory) or is creating custom wad channel dangerous.
I remeber using a custom made wad version of the rc1, and never really a problem.

alexinna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bootlegclan said:
hi again, alot of the recent post have been using fowader to get it as a channel.
can someone explain the why you would use a fowader instead of just turnung it into a wad.
Is it just for memory reasons (ie covers may be stored on the machine memory) or is creating custom wad channel dangerous.
I remeber using a custom made wad version of the rc1, and never really a problem.
Main reason is that in case of forwarder you would only change boot.dol for any new rev you want without creating wad.
And yes any new wad could be dangerous
wink2.gif

spayrosam

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
alexinna said:
enektyk said:
Does this forum have a search feature for individual threads? I can't find it.

I currently access Coverfloader from a WAD on the Wii Menu. Is there a WAD for RC6?
You can use forwarder if you do not like to start it from HBC.
For example from here

or here

CoverFloader Forwarder Channal by spayrosam
Big Thank to OBI-Hoernchen

I have used Base wad and Benzin

Download
CoverFloader Forwarder Channal

ID: COFL
SD:\apps\CoverFloader\ boot.dol

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya, digging through 93 pages or searching for '3d covers' isnt working out so well.

My Wii does not have internet access to it. So i have to manually grab covers. For the life of me I can't get 3d covers to work. I'm downloading from the usual site (theotherzone). I've tried resizing the 3d covers to 160x224, but that doesnt work either. I have them in \usb-loader\3dcovers\ .. nothing.

If anyone could just let me know what simple little thing i'm doing wrong, i'd really appreciate it.

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Ossot said:
Ya, digging through 93 pages or searching for '3d covers' isnt working out so well.

My Wii does not have internet access to it. So i have to manually grab covers. For the life of me I can't get 3d covers to work. I'm downloading from the usual site (theotherzone). I've tried resizing the 3d covers to 160x224, but that doesnt work either. I have them in \usb-loader\3dcovers\ .. nothing.

If anyone could just let me know what simple little thing i'm doing wrong, i'd really appreciate it.

I am half asleep so forgive me if I am out of line.
here are the details for coverfloader images :
regular covers : usb-loader\covers\{gameid6} 160x224
Discart : usb-loader\disks\{gameid4} 160x160
Fullbox : usb-loader\3dcovers\{gameid4} 512x340

so if you want fullboxes make sure you rename them to 4 characters only
i.e. RLBE00.png -> RLBE.png

enjoy,
R

alexinna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anybody explain how to build dol from the latest code?
I did it but resulted dol is not fully working on my Wii.
Specially 3D stuff. Even return to menu or HBC not working - it's freezes.
I did delete all configuration file before moving from RC6 to latest (rev 613)
I'm using devkitPro v.1.5.0 and "make" from the PNotepad2. cIOS 13b
Thanks.

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
spayrosam said:
alexinna said:
enektyk said:

I currently access Coverfloader from a WAD on the Wii Menu. Is there a WAD for RC6?
For example from here

or here

Download

when I use the Wad Manager it asks me which wad do I wanna use before installing this one, which is should I choose? maybe it's a pretty dumb question, but I'm pretty dumb.

natemckn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ridgecity said:
spayrosam said:
alexinna said:
enektyk said:

For example from here

or here

Download

when I use the Wad Manager it asks me which wad do I wanna use before installing this one, which is should I choose? maybe it's a pretty dumb question, but I'm pretty dumb.

I'm going to assume you are talking about the selecting which IOS you want to us.
1. Start WAD manager
2. Select 'IOS 249'
3. Select 'Wii SD card' (if thats where your wad is)
4. Select which wad you want to install
5. Select 'install'

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
redia said:

Appreciate the help. I'm resizing the 3d box art from theotherzone to 512x340, and for once I actually get an image to show up. However it's only showing half the image. As if the width is just waay to big. I've tried resizing stuff even more that appears to be the only dimensions that will work.

Is the build in downloader grabbing the covers from another site?

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Ossot said:
redia said:

Appreciate the help. I'm resizing the 3d box art from theotherzone to 512x340, and for once I actually get an image to show up. However it's only showing half the image. As if the width is just waay to big. I've tried resizing stuff even more that appears to be the only dimensions that will work.

Is the build in downloader grabbing the covers from another site?
what do you mean by showing half of the image?
could you be more specific ?

maybe you could upload one of your image so I can take a look at it...

Cheers,
R

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd have to literally take a picture of the screen. I don't remember if it's the left, so it'd be 'Tiger' or 'Woods' so it'd be the right. But it's seriously as if only half the image fits on the cover. The middle of tiger's face ends up being wrapped around the side of the 3d case where it should just have the label.

That's why i started playing with the size. I figured the 512 was too wide and it simply wasn't "fitting" across the area it needed to go. I could upload the image I'm using but it's just a stock download from theotherzone. I just hit the 3d album art button and save it. Then I go into an image program (in my case, Photoshop) and simply resize it to the dimensions you stated.

I figured maybe that image was wrong so I also took a standard (non3d) album cover and resized it to the dimensions you specified. Same result. I can take a picture of it my TV if need be.

Using rc6 btw too if that makes a difference.

edit: went ahead and did what you requested. Here's the result from me resizing 3d albumart from theotherzone to 512x340 and setting it to use 3dart.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc27/Os...flow_result.jpg

And here's the exact image I used as the 3d box art.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc27/Ossot/R9OE.png

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Ossot said:
I'd have to literally take a picture of the screen. I don't remember if it's the left, so it'd be 'Tiger' or 'Woods' so it'd be the right. But it's seriously as if only half the image fits on the cover. The middle of tiger's face ends up being wrapped around the side of the 3d case where it should just have the label.

That's why i started playing with the size. I figured the 512 was too wide and it simply wasn't "fitting" across the area it needed to go. I could upload the image I'm using but it's just a stock download from theotherzone. I just hit the 3d album art button and save it. Then I go into an image program (in my case, Photoshop) and simply resize it to the dimensions you stated.

I figured maybe that image was wrong so I also took a standard (non3d) album cover and resized it to the dimensions you specified. Same result. I can take a picture of it my TV if need be.

Using rc6 btw too if that makes a difference.

edit: went ahead and did what you requested. Here's the result from me resizing 3d albumart from theotherzone to 512x340 and setting it to use 3dart.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc27/Os...flow_result.jpg

And here's the exact image I used as the 3d box art.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc27/Ossot/R9OE.png

Ossot,

AgentX is right.
you are confusing Covers and FullCovers.
Covers only has the front scan.
FullCovers has the front and back

so in theotherzone make sure you download the correct one and it will solve your issues.

Cheers,
R

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if we get a code dump on a non RC build, which parts of the code are important to you? Stack dump, code dump, exception? All?

Currently got a crash on the newest r618 build when deleting the gamelist.xml file.
Which is determined if the wiicoverflow.xml file has the rev= in it. can I get a sample of the new xml and the gamelist xml?
Would you prefer the dumps posted to the google code site?
or
Do you even want bug reports on non RC builds? Or do you want us to wait till for RC builds to report bugs?

EDIT: fixed by just deleting the entire usb-loader folder and letting coverfloader rebuild it all, deleted gamesettings and wiicoverflow.xml files several times to no avail. deleting the entire folder temp solves the issue.
im pretty sure its because i dont have a proper wiicoverflow.xml file for the builds+ 578.

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
quick question ! i see you can lock games but can you lock uninstall ?

BTW great work guys im very impressed

edit : sorry i found it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...