Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
scognito said:
lajd said:

Please do not post current build, they doesn't help us to track bugs.
Thanks.

then simply add rc6
rolleyes.gif

sonny615

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Spidy1000 said:
Could some 1 please also tell us what version off rev 13 we should install. The 1 with the 002 fix (13b) or the one without (13a) so the wiipower fix will be inside the loader.

I second this question too.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
sonny615 said:
Spidy1000 said:
Could some 1 please also tell us what version off rev 13 we should install. The 1 with the 002 fix (13b) or the one without (13a) so the wiipower fix will be inside the loader.

I second this question too.

Although this is off-topic, I'm using rev13b because it has no issues with remote sync and rev13 did have issues... (at least it did with our Loader).

patpond

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey ppl and thanks for the slick GUI for USB loader.

I've got a couple of questions, sorry n00b, and they may have been asked / answered already, but 83 pages is a lot of stuff to read through.

Ok, so currently I have a chip on my Wii, and the Backup launcher channel. HBC installed, not sure about my cIOS though, now, my question is this:

What do I need to install Coverflow? Do I need to have a USB loader installed first? or is coverflow the USB loader? Sorry if this is basic, but I have no idea. Also, if I install this version of coverflow will I need to install USB forwarder too? Or will I have to run this off of the SD Card through HBC every time?

As far as box art goes, I downloaded a bunch of box art, but it looks like the easiest thing would be to let coverflow do it for me
biggrin.gif
. One more quickie, transferring .ISOs to my HD. Do I just unplug from the Wii and hook up to the PC and drag and drop ISO files to the WBFS partition?

Sorry again for asking such dumb questions, but 83 pages was a lot of posts to read.

Thanks,

detraya

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
patpond said:

Ok, so currently I have a chip on my Wii, and the Backup launcher channel. HBC installed, not sure about my cIOS though, now, my question is this:

What do I need to install Coverflow? Do I need to have a USB loader installed first? or is coverflow the USB loader? Sorry if this is basic, but I have no idea.

You do not need USB loader installed first, you can just copy the "wii cover flow" folder you download from the first page to the apps section of your usb card. coverflow is the usb loader

QUOTE said:
Also, if I install this version of coverflow will I need to install USB forwarder too? Or will I have to run this off of the SD Card through HBC every time?

you can install usb forwarder, or you can run it through hbc every time. i prefer the usb forwarder, but it is your choice.

As far as box art goes, I downloaded a bunch of box art, but it looks like the easiest thing would be to let coverflow do it for me
biggrin.gif
. One more quickie, transferring .ISOs to my HD. Do I just unplug from the Wii and hook up to the PC and drag and drop ISO files to the WBFS partition?

Sorry again for asking such dumb questions, but 83 pages was a lot of posts to read.

Thanks,

you plug your WBFS Partitioned HD to your computer, then use a WBFS manager, such as this one, to copy the .ISOs to your HD. it can also format the WBFS Partition for you.

also, you need CIOs 10 or above, i haven't tried any above 10, but i think version 13 is the newest.

hope this helps, let me know if you need anymore help.

lajd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
patpond said:

I've got a couple of questions, sorry n00b, and they may have been asked / answered already, but 83 pages is a lot of stuff to read through.

What do I need to install Coverflow? Do I need to have a USB loader installed first? or is coverflow the USB loader? Sorry if this is basic, but I have no idea. Also, if I install this version of coverflow will I need to install USB forwarder too? Or will I have to run this off of the SD Card through HBC every time?

biggrin.gif

Thanks,

The coverflow has the loader integrated in it. you don't need to install anything else except the cIOS (at least rev10) and a way to run it (through HBC or a channel). That's it.

On installing ISOs, windows cannot read wbfs. you'll need an app called wbfs.exe or or any of the many gui wrappers. i think "WBFS Intelligent GUI v6" is a good one because it can read from the pc's dvd drive, instead of just from ISOs. HTH

jourdy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question.

Whenever I play a game through Coverflow; and after playing any game then pressing the home button and clicking on Wii menu, the Wii itself turns off. Is there a way to go back to the loader? For example I want to play another game..

patpond

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You guys rock!

Thanks for the info, looks like I've got a weekend project to get to...
grog.gif

If I hit a snag I'll post, but those were the few things I was unsure about.

Thanks again!

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is easily my most favorite USB loader. Thank you so much. I just have 2 questions:

When I do 3-d box art mode (which looks incredible by the way), I notice there's a bit of loading for the covers to come up. This does not happen in 2-d mode. Is there anything I can do to speed up this process?

More importantly, there's no way to choose a game with the Gamecube controller. When I play Smash Bros. Brawl, I like that I can just turn the Wii on, select the Homebrew Channel with the GC controller in the PreLoader, then choose your loader with the GC remote. When I get to your loader, I can move the games around with the GC controller but I cannot actually activate them. I have to use the Wii remote. Is there any way to fix this? Thank you so much.

detraya

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
patpond said:
You guys rock!

Thanks for the info, looks like I've got a weekend project to get to...
grog.gif

If I hit a snag I'll post, but those were the few things I was unsure about.

Thanks again!

no problem

QUOTE(Hammyface @ Jun 5 2009, 05:08 PM) When I do 3-d box art mode (which looks incredible by the way), I notice there's a bit of loading for the covers to come up. This does not happen in 2-d mode. Is there anything I can do to speed up this process?

More importantly, there's no way to choose a game with the Gamecube controller. When I play Smash Bros. Brawl, I like that I can just turn the Wii on, select the Homebrew Channel with the GC controller in the PreLoader, then choose your loader with the GC remote. When I get to your loader, I can move the games around with the GC controller but I cannot actually activate them. I have to use the Wii remote. Is there any way to fix this? Thank you so much.

3-d boxes are a little more advanced then flat images, so it takes longer to load, not much that you can do about that. as for the gamecube controller, not yet, ill suggest it at their Google code page.

EDIT: and done

bluescreen81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hammyface said:
This is easily my most favorite USB loader. Thank you so much. I just have 2 questions:

When I do 3-d box art mode (which looks incredible by the way), I notice there's a bit of loading for the covers to come up. This does not happen in 2-d mode. Is there anything I can do to speed up this process?

will test this too this evening. (with about 120 games on hdd)
already tested with title wbfs and works well no lags no long waiting time like the 2d thing on coverfloader.

will keep you informed.

pretender13

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
getting pixelated image showing up on 1st game in list, doesn't matter which game is first, the 1st and 2nd game cover for game is pixelated.
also getting code dumps switching between 2d - 3d.

btw love the settings menu changes
smile.gif

bluescreen81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i just tested the current release with my hdd with about 120 games on it.

working well now no graphic bugs - startup is okay - downloading covers = ok.

2 things which i got now as a suggestion, the first one would be easy to do i think.
An option to choose where i want to have the TITLE of a game to be displayed. (only top or bottom)
Cauz i would like to have it at the top with the white BG and the sexy mirror effect only at the bottom.
smile.gif

the second thing... you really did a good job with the new settings menu but what if i want to have a default value for displaying the covers like set the angle to default (0). that would be really nice too.

im very happy that most of the things are working now well.
some games wont start but this can be incompatibility issue or just because im using the rev13b cios.

Good work Team, keep it up.

Rexel99

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, I know this is probably going to start some flame warz or something but I really felt the need to put in my 2c.

So far I am finding this thread really hard to follow as far is 'the' place for this App, the wonderful coverflow usb loader and all the discussions around it, and praise and wows and thanks etc. It's getting way out of hand and I can't imagine how the creator is feeling with the overwelming responses and ideas.

Not all of them are bad ideas mind you, but as far as the intention of the program is concerned I think themes and backgrounds and stuff wedged into it is an entire waste of time. Perhaps it's just me, but I want a nice clean simple app that my wife of kids can use to load their favorite games on the Wii. I want to use it too but I am not going to sit there doodling over themes and visual presentation while I shuffle through game coveres, I am going to go into the game. For this reason apply the 'KISS' method, Keep It Super Simple' and get down to what is important (working) and what needs to be maintained (compatibility). You can't theme the Wii main screen or the picture slideshow, they are simple working parts of the system and this app loader should be exactly that too.

Now to get to my feedback on the program out of the way.
  • Sure there are a few glitches I see (after downloading covers I get some big messay bitmaps needing a reload) but overall it's pretty neat and done.
  • I think the cover art should be placed on the same file system as the game itself. If I have a game on my usb hd I would expect the cover art file to be next to it, not shuffled somewhere on a small ram card. So if I delete a game off the drive, I can go and delete the redundant cover art at the same time.
  • And the reason I was here is to find documentation. I don't know what Oricania support is or what it does for me, so I have yet to figure out what the options are in this program or what they all do, or why?
And I don't think this forum thread is enough. I really think you need a basic site (control for the poster of content) and then some threaded discussion for 'suggestions', bugs, etc...
If you want your own site I would be happy to talk about setting it up, for me to establish a wordpress blog, a forum and throw a free theme at it wouldn't be too hard and if I can put a google ad block in there It would probably be hosted for free (self funded). You would then have control over what's posted where and what you need to focus on for development.

As the loader is at the moment, 9/10 for presentation, 9/10 for functionality, 7/10 for technical (or 9/10 if you consider RC/beta status).
Cheers, Rex.

darscot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is by far my favorite loader. I like that it is so clean and simple. I do mod it a little for my own personal taste. Just minor things like I removed the ambiant light in the white theme, I cut the dialog and spinning disk from quickstart mode. I cut the settings and add game buttons and made them work when I press minus/plus. I cut the home menu as I just like it to go to the Wii system Menu when I press home. I added up/down (zoom) and left/right (spacing) to the graphics menu tab. Basically, I'm just lazy and don't like to have to move the cursor to the button on the screen when a button on the controller will do the job. I also removed alot of the onscreen graphics from the graphics settings tab. I like to clearly see the actual cover flow when I adjust it. I also made home on this tab reset to defaults. In 3d view I made plus flip the game and 2 install game.

Wow I did more then I expected but its a lot easier to cut a feature then to implement. All these changes probable took me 10-15 lines of code.

Great work

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree. Tried tons of loaders, this is by far the best. I am curious, however, as to when a coder says they added a feature to Cover Flow. How do I get it? Someone was nice enough to add my request for Gamecube controller support, and I'm unsure of what they means. They added it, but how do I get this revised version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game