Hacking Cover Flow USB ISO Loader by Beardface

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenigata2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
On first try of 4.1, download cover art went OK, but most of images shows "no cover art", one had corrupted image and all disc art had not shown.
Checkin SD directory and confirmed right files are in a place by download.
After pressing Home button, screnn turned black.
On second try, I got codedump, so here's result.

As you can see with this image, first letter of errors are half invisible because it reaches over the edge of display and
it was never be like this when I got error by other homebrews.

No using forwarder.
4.0J with patched IOS60, cIOS Rev10 and CIOSCORPv1.

It seemed really a great work and looking forward for your progress!

cyr0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is it possible to create your own brackgrounds? Or can you costumize stuff easy? Like background, backgroundmusic and all that stuff? I want to create a huge theme for me.

scognito

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
cyr0x said:
Is it possible to create your own brackgrounds? Or can you costumize stuff easy? Like background, backgroundmusic and all that stuff? I want to create a huge theme for me.
This is not in our current plan

bryandir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
does anyone lese have the same error as me?even with 4.1??

i just cannot get the covers to show...the ones i dragged into the sd card show up on the coverflow as distorted,and have green through them,and you cant make ANYTHING out......

im sure someone else has got this error....is there somthing we are doing wrong?i have the images etc in the correct folder,and the coverlfow boots the games fine....

is it a PAL...UK thing?

the guys who designed this,surely they know what im talking about...and is there a fix?

cheers!!!

psyck0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that 3.1 is still working after my update to firmware 4.0, but 4.1 is not.

Also, STILL can't get covers to work in 3.1- please give us a more detailed explanation of where to put them and what to name them! I have them in SD:/usb-loader/covers, and they are named after the codes of the games (RDXXXX etc) and it's not working. I also tried naming them after the game names (Rock Band 2 etc).

FoxForceFive

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bryandir said:

i just cannot get the covers to show...the ones i dragged into the sd card show up on the coverflow as distorted,and have green through them,and you cant make ANYTHING out......

im sure someone else has got this error....is there somthing we are doing wrong?i have the images etc in the correct folder,and the coverlfow boots the games fine....

is it a PAL...UK thing?

the guys who designed this,surely they know what im talking about...and is there a fix?

cheers!!!

I've got the same problem. Tried renaming the covers folder in case the existing covers I had were causing a problem & now just get a very pixelated screen with the 'no cover' showing on each game. It's almost like when your GPU dies in your PC or stops working for some reason & it reverts to onboard & low res gfx.

I'm using a PAL UK Wii, with WiiKey & component connection if that helps. Rev10 installed.

cedwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi 4.1 is not good at all ,doesn t work code dump,images download not working,return to menu not working,
shows only about 30 covers,
why?
the 3.1 version shows all the covers.
The only good thing is that you can save settings.
4.2 need to be a mix of 3.1 and 4.1.
keep the good work i m using 3.1 for now.

FoxForceFive

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bryandir said:

is it a PAL...UK thing?

cheers!!!

Ok, I fixed this now. My covers were the wring size 225 not 224, so I deleted all my covers. I also changed my screen settings to 480p. Works on both 3.1 & 4.1 where neither did previously.

Either one or both of these fixed the problem. Hope this helps.

lexlth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just to put what happened to me:
1) started Beta4.1
2) Opened OK. No covers (I deleted I already had).
3) Cliked Download and waited;
4) After the download, most of then was showing (didn't count, but since I have about 40 games installed, I saw that the 20 limitation was still coded).
5) Don King Boxing Did not show correctly.
6) Asked to download again, the download progress passed very very fast, but after, only a few was showing.
7) Cliked on the scroll bar, scrolled and the program exited to HBC.
8) Started it again and clicked to add a new game.
9) Got a Core Dump...

Excelent work !!!
I am waiting it to be ready to my child to substitute the other one !!!!!
Thanks a lot !

paulwesley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love this loader now all I need is a channel forwarder for it so the wife and kids stay out of hbc

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm seeing 27 functioning covers, about 1 or 2 corrupted looking covers towards the left on my list (running out of buffered ram?) and i have 5 covers at the beginning of my games saying no cover found and 15 at the end saying that

I have my 48 games installed direct from disc all originals (in case this makes a difference) and had the loader download all covers for me.

oh wow, so i just tried to redownload covers, it did it, then showed all the missing ones but didn;t show the ones that were showing before, and when i tried to do it again i got a code dump.

jpref

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
love this loader, but only about 170 covers load (testing with many more), but all backups load with titles. not all covers download. Using NTSC 3.3u.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
redmanmark86 said:
and im glad his added force screen, thats the onyl other thing i needed, couldnt care about language or ocarania, so once his ironed out the bugs its the best loader for me...

Have you done much testing with the video mode forcing? I'm keen to know if this code is working as expected because I don't have any out of region games so I coded it and crossed my fingers...

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Found the issue that is keeping you from loading more than 20 or so covers without crashing; and in fact, is the issue causing all of the crashes...

However, not sure how to fix it. Any pros here when it comes to threads and grrlib?

Basically the code is set up as follow:

Main is contains grrlib rendering code, initializes buffering thread

buffering thread waits for requests to load covers/ delete covers from main thread

Crash occurs sometime after:
main makes several requests to delete covers, buffering thread deletes covers, player scrolls back over covers and crash occurs in PNGU.

My guess is the buffering thread is deleting the textures, but somehow not cleanly; because main thinks it is still valid texture data; up until it causes a crash in PNGU_Decode4x4RGBA

Any help on this issue is appreciated; its driving me mad; and is the one last thing that needs to get done to (in my opinion) complete this loader.

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to start a bounty for anyone who fixes the image buffering thread issue; I'll send you $5 bucks via paypal if you fix this for me
smile.gif

Just send me a working patch and i'll send you 5 bucks.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Nullkill said:
I'm going to start a bounty for anyone who fixes the image buffering thread issue; I'll send you $5 bucks via paypal if you fix this for me
smile.gif

Just send me a working patch and i'll send you 5 bucks.

I'll have a look later (for free) - got to go out now.
This must be driving you crazy if you're offering cash
wink.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fishears said:
so I coded it and crossed my fingers...
Sounds like how i build websites
tongue.gif

QUOTE(Nullkill @ May 5 2009, 06:47 AM) Just send me a working patch and i'll send you 5 bucks.
NullKill , theres a lot out there that want this working properly and quite a few are coders.
I think in the interest of community spirit and to show the appreciation for the work you have put in , anyone who can resolve this for you will do it without looking for any donations, all they will want is a mention in the credits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.