Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Nullkill said:
Scoobyscoobydoo said:
There is a problem with the latest revisions and loading time of the covers for sure.

Ive just compiled the latest build and also used R709.

The difference is just like the youtube video's.
R709 loads the covers instantly whereas the lastest builds are very very slow and lag the whole loader down making it unuseable until all the covers have loaded up which can take about 30-50 seconds.
R709 is instant you dont see any of the covers being drawn.

What I dont understand is i re-compiled R709 on my own machine and got the very slow cover loading.
Ive just tested R709 compiled and supplied by jhof80 and its instant.
There has got to be something different with some of the liberies somewhere i think.

Hopefully one of the developers can work this out.

Im running 3.4 pal wii, rev10 with about 60 games.

I've been working on figuring out what is wrong with loading slowly; and my only guess is someone built 709 with a different version of the devkit... (svn?)

Who build the fast 709 for you? If they build a current release; is it fast as well?

They are the one I need to talk to to find out what is different about their build environment....

jhoff80 is the user on this thread that did the build. He supplied us with R709 which is very fast indeed.
His username on google code is jhoff81
Hes tried building the latest revisions and gets the serious slowdown.

Hes posted a page back about the differences between builds and has some youtube videos showing the speed in action.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Scoobyscoobydoo said:
jhoff80 is the user on this thread that did the build. He supplied us with R709 which is very fast indeed.
His username on google code is jhoff81
Hes tried building the latest revisions and gets the serious slowdown.

Hes posted a page back about the differences between builds and has some youtube videos showing the speed in action.

Sorry for the slight confusion, that's not actually a build that I compiled.

It comes from someone else on this thread who posted a mediafire link a long time ago for newer builds before the devs asked him to stop. The Mediafire link was removed from this site, but every now and then there are newer revisions posted to that same Mediafire link.

I'm not entirely sure but I think it's kyogc who's doing it.

The newer revision that I'm using with complete slowdown is the official RC7U2. The official RC7U1 was also slow.

neal73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone got this loader working with wii sports resort? It loads fine using NeoGamma and the GX loader, but unfortunately not coverfloader.

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
actually, I use coverfloader with wii sport resorts and it works just fine. I did the alternative dol thing with another loader (I was using usbloader gx at the time) and I got past the wm+ video that way. Now I just start the game with coverfloader, game settings language-jap and 002fix video automatic and it works like a charm.

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey guys, have you seen the wiiflow loader? it does have some nice eye candy when you turn to see the back cover, can you guys implement something like that for CoverFLoader? it's like a spin thing and zoom in to read the back of the box, a lot of games have some really nice art on the back...

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
ridgecity said:
Hey guys, have you seen the wiiflow loader? it does have some nice eye candy when you turn to see the back cover, can you guys implement something like that for CoverFLoader? it's like a spin thing and zoom in to read the back of the box, a lot of games have some really nice art on the back...

Just press '1' or '2', cant remember which and im not by my wii. Do it in 3d cover mode and it will display the rear cover. Its already implemented.

darscot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When you guys flip the 3D covers does it move really far away? Mine does if you have it zoomed in at all. I'm not sure if I broke it or its broken in the mainline?

videoguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nullkill said:
RC8 just released; includes massive speed fixes, and many bug fixes.

Enjoy

http://wiicoverflow.googlecode.com/files/C...Floader-RC8.zip

Nice, that does load up a bunch faster.
yay.gif
for the team. Couple things I'm just noticing now, though, don't know if it's new or if I messed something up in the install on my end. One, when holding B to scan thru games, the game title doesn't change until B is released. The other thing, I loaded and played a game to check out RC8, then went back to it to try another, noticed that the game I played first still said "Never Been Played". Perhaps I missed a file or something somewhere?

Oh, my info screen says "version: RC7 (r726)" instead of RC8, but it's 8.

Edit: Neither a big deal, of course. Just an FYI for the programmers. Not sure the best way to make bug reports, and these are really minor ones, just comes from my background that I try and notice & point out these things.

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
darscot said:
When you guys flip the 3D covers does it move really far away? Mine does if you have it zoomed in at all. I'm not sure if I broke it or its broken in the mainline?

Yeah I get this too, it would be nice to have the rear of the 3d cover zoomed in too.

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rambytes said:
The new RC8 always have problem downloading cover....

for the moment you need to be a member (donate) on the WiiBoxArt site to be able to download covers...

|-RoY-&#124

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Rambytes said:
i'm a member!!! I have my login and password..... where i put this information in coverflow?

There was a file nammed " wiiboxart.pass " in RC7 i guess, you need to put it in your usb-loader files at the root of the SD

edit : File is " wiiboxart.pass " and contains :

# This file contains the login data for members of
# wiiboxart.com used by CoverFloader up from r712.
# Put this file with your data to SD:/usb-loader.

username = xxxxxxxxxxxxx
password = xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @PandaPandel, irl or in the game?