Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Olinad said:
I have no objection about the fact of donating to get the ability to download the covers directly from the site to your Wii. But it would be so cool if there was the ability to download all the covers (2D and 3D) in the needed dimensions from 1 or several packages hosted on, I dunno, megaupload or whatever. Obviously someone should do it... I'm just suggesting it, I have no time to do it myself, but it would be nice.

*Yawn* ... You need to go back and do some reading .. This was the way it all started, and trust me, we dont want to go back to that method.

Pay a damn dollar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm simply astonished here lately ... all over freeking cover images for STOLEN games ... for the low cost of a $1 dollar donation, you can all help get your hundreds of games to have a pretty image when you click it, right from your loader. And if you dont pay a dollar, you can still go grab them, individually till your heart is content, for FREE.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
scognito said:
@Scoobyscoobydoo @jhoff80:
there is *NOT* any difference in speed between 2 developers compilation!
I have no problem running coverflow with any build (have 22 games).
So please stopping telling that, it's ridiculous
lecture.gif

If you have problem there could be other reason, did you noticed no one else reported the same problem?
I'm not saying that you don't have that "bug" but I can assure you it is not that the problem.
And for the user that can't compile, sorry, wait for the official release...we are short in time for now, so it's a miracle we are still releasing new versions.

Honestly, there is an issue and I can't think of any other reason it'd be the case. Maybe you don't see a difference with 22 games, but with many more than that, there's a huge difference. There's absolutely no reason based on the changelog that says that should be the case.

Seriously, what else explains why something would work horribly on RC7, RC7U1, which I believe was rev 706, and work horribly on RC7U2, which was rev 714, but work perfectly on rev 709 and every other in between build I've used?

If you've got some better reason, please, let me know, but looking at the changelog, nothing that should have anything to do with read-speed has changed since.

Edit:

RC7U2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgsw24yuRNI

rev709:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvgGCP9_n2I

Aku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was running Cover Floader RC6 without any real problems, I went to go load in a new game (Wii Sports) and it gave me a weird error, something -2. Before starting trouble shooting I figured I would update any programs. Updated Cover Floader to RC7rev2 and fired it up. it told me my config file or whatever was obsolete and erased it. Now my titles are all duct up. I understand I can't get cover images any more and that's ok, I plan to donate to be able to. but how do I go about fixing the titles? titles.txt now states "You don't have permission to access /titles.txt on this server. Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

I guess my gripe is, I had corrected titles before upgrading and now I don't, also it doesn't appear to be any way for me to manually fix them other than donating, as where with covers I just have to drop in my own. Unless I'm missing something...

rutny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
rutny said:
@ Devs -
Out of curiosity, will you be looking for other options in regards to getting covers for the coverfloader due to recent events? I saw where one guy said he could do it for the community for free....dunno just a thought....it does sorta take the kick out of kick ass app for those who dont want to feel forced to donate to have that functionality working...

*sigh* where does it end....next thing you know...uploaders are going to start wanting money for what they upload....strange things are brewing
smile.gif

Anyone can still get the covers for free by going to the site and getting them manually and putting them on your sd card.
DONT FORGET TO PUT IN THE SIZE YOU WANT FOR THE IMAGES AS SOME PEOPLE HAVE DONE !!

Mate everybody knows this...and I still give you props ..however...its like skirting the point. It isn't about whether you can or cannot download an image, its about the functionality of the FREE program Coverfloader ( as well as others) so that is what I am asking of the devs..will they be looking for over alternatives vs allowing their users to have to pay (yea $1 euro I know....not the point) for a functionality of their program.

RolloS60

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Aku said:
... Now my titles are all duct up. I understand I can't get cover images any more and that's ok, I plan to donate to be able to. but how do I go about fixing the titles? titles.txt now states "You don't have permission to access /titles.txt on this server. Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

wiiboxart.com returns 403 Forbidden error. CoverFloader stores the content of this page to titles.txt with 12 titles...
wacko.gif

Sorry for this...it's now an official issue...thanks to you pointing it out.

Delete this titles.txt and get a new one. At the moment wiiboxart.com is on.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, RC7U2 video should be public now. There's really a drastic difference.

Also, for the record, I do have originals for all of these games, even the really bad ones, roommates and I split them for the shared system, so it's not just like I have a ton because I'm downloading them.

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country

Aku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RolloS60 said:
Aku said:
... Now my titles are all duct up. I understand I can't get cover images any more and that's ok, I plan to donate to be able to. but how do I go about fixing the titles? titles.txt now states "You don't have permission to access /titles.txt on this server. Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

wiiboxart.com returns 403 Forbidden error. CoverFloader stores the content of this page to titles.txt with 12 titles...
wacko.gif

Sorry for this...it's now an official issue...thanks to you pointing it out.

Delete this titles.txt and get a new one. At the moment wiiboxart.com is on.

Thank you RolloS60, that fixed it!!
yay.gif

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
RolloS60 said:
@jhoff80: Do you have these issues also with 2D-covers? Thx for videos...

@dancemonkey: How many games/covers?

A fair few I think it's around 70 / 80. Not near my Wii now. But the difference is the same as the videos posted. It really is unusable with the latest release. 709 is awersome though
yay.gif

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
dancemonkey said:
RolloS60 said:
@jhoff80: Do you have these issues also with 2D-covers? Thx for videos...

@dancemonkey: How many games/covers?

A fair few I think it's around 70 / 80. Not near my Wii now. But the difference is the same as the videos posted. It really is unusable with the latest release. 709 is awersome though
yay.gif

Could you pm me the link for r709, ive just re-compiled my old 709 and its running like the lastest builds very slow, something very strange going on with the build library.

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
There is a problem with the latest revisions and loading time of the covers for sure.

Ive just compiled the latest build and also used R709.

The difference is just like the youtube video's.
R709 loads the covers instantly whereas the lastest builds are very very slow and lag the whole loader down making it unuseable until all the covers have loaded up which can take about 30-50 seconds.
R709 is instant you dont see any of the covers being drawn.

What I dont understand is i re-compiled R709 on my own machine and got the very slow cover loading.
Ive just tested R709 compiled and supplied by jhof80 and its instant.
There has got to be something different with some of the liberies somewhere i think.

Hopefully one of the developers can work this out.

Im running 3.4 pal wii, rev10 with about 60 games.

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Done some more testing.

It looks like its a issue with the 3d covers with the latest builds..

The 2d covers load instantly still with the latest builds, switch to 3d covers and it lags like crazy.
R709 is fine with both 2d and 3d covers, both load instantly.

Chris87

Trophies
XP
Country
Having trouble getting my 3d covers working,

they work fine when i manually put them in the /usb-loader/3dcovers folder

but i cant download the covers straight from coveflow, everything seems ok looks like its downloading then nothing

i have donated to wiiboxart and put the pass file with my user + pass in to the /usb-loader folder

what am i doing wrong someone please help , other than that it works fine just not downloading covers even tho i have a username and password ???

rutny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chris87 said:
Having trouble getting my 3d covers working,

they work fine when i manually put them in the /usb-loader/3dcovers folder

but i cant download the covers straight from coveflow, everything seems ok looks like its downloading then nothing

i have donated to wiiboxart and put the pass file with my user + pass in to the /usb-loader folder

what am i doing wrong someone please help , other than that it works fine just not downloading covers even tho i have a username and password ???

Chris I just tried going to wiiboxart.com to grab a couple images I needed..and it's gone...been suspendend

edit: seems to be back up for the moment

edit 2: and back down again

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scoobyscoobydoo said:
There is a problem with the latest revisions and loading time of the covers for sure.

Ive just compiled the latest build and also used R709.

The difference is just like the youtube video's.
R709 loads the covers instantly whereas the lastest builds are very very slow and lag the whole loader down making it unuseable until all the covers have loaded up which can take about 30-50 seconds.
R709 is instant you dont see any of the covers being drawn.

What I dont understand is i re-compiled R709 on my own machine and got the very slow cover loading.
Ive just tested R709 compiled and supplied by jhof80 and its instant.
There has got to be something different with some of the liberies somewhere i think.

Hopefully one of the developers can work this out.

Im running 3.4 pal wii, rev10 with about 60 games.

I've been working on figuring out what is wrong with loading slowly; and my only guess is someone built 709 with a different version of the devkit... (svn?)

Who build the fast 709 for you? If they build a current release; is it fast as well?

They are the one I need to talk to to find out what is different about their build environment....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    oh right diddy
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    i saw that from penguiz0's video
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    The video that I linked is more in depth. If you enjoy watching a one hour video.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night btw
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    @SylverReZ like a hour long? that's a bit way too long but it depends, i have seem 1 hour long videos
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    i have a fucked attention span and somehow i can watch those videos
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its almost 11:30 pm and I should go to sleep c ya
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Goodnight
    +1
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    @Xdqwerty Goodnight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My Zelda character burned dinner and Link came home drunk and was pissed, slapped me, so I'm packing my bags and going to my sisters house. This game is crazy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So these sound core a20is pretty good bass boost is stronger than I thought
    +1
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    i downloaded echoes of the wisdom
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    nintendo will sue me but i don't care
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm sure you're on Nintendos hit list
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    When you play it, don't burn the dinner or Link will go apeshit.
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    @K3Nv3 i don't give a shiet
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    nintendo ninjas can't with my fists
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not on v3 yet
    +2
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    oh wait
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    yeah i need to get more anti sleep drugs
  • BG2CNT @ BG2CNT:
    sorry
  • Michael-MSL @ Michael-MSL:
    good evening and morning
  • P @ placez:
    cant get my mig switch to work still getting cannot read files, after the light blinks
  • S @ shezagamer:
    heyyyyyyyyy
    S @ shezagamer: heyyyyyyyyy