Hacking Cover Flow USB ISO Loader by Beardface

Status
Not open for further replies.

neardark

Trophies
XP
Country
Kosaic you can make the covers yourself using the info shown on page 1 of this topic, also there's other sites that you can download these things, in theory you don't even need the site in question as long as you stick with the current version of this.

I'm all for people donating but to make the main thing that's good about the USB loader only available to those who pay then that's wrong, never has anyone had to pay for using a disk launcher or usb loader, and let's face it someone could do the very same as this one.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
neardark said:
They have to pay for bandwidth but with advertising they will cover it. and if it's too much, close the site!! Simples!

someone else that can afford to do it will

Yup - u have all the answers - go register a website and put advertising on it - we'll see how u do after the first 250 gigs of data gets used and how much advertising will cover.

Posts merged

QUOTE(neardark @ Jun 26 2009, 05:08 PM) Kosaic you can make the covers yourself using the info shown on page 1 of this topic, also there's other sites that you can download these things, in theory you don't even need the site in question as long as you stick with the current version of this.

I'm all for people donating but to make the main thing that's good about the USB loader only available to those who pay then that's wrong, never has anyone had to pay for using a disk launcher or usb loader, and let's face it someone could do the very same as this one.

Jesus christ ur a fucking idiot - the site is still free - all covers can be downloaded free
READ IT AGAIN - GO TO THE SITE AND U CAN DOWNLOAD THE COVERS FREE

did u miss that ? THEY ARE FREE

its only if u want to make life easier and download in bulk that theres a donation.

again - ALL COVERS ARE FREE on the site

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have more than 1 Usbloader and they all use different size pngs then why not use Fotosizer.exe just drag and drop all your pics and resize them yourself

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I still cant believe that someone is bitching so much about having to pay 1 euro for extra features on a site that provides all of the covers for free at any size anyway if they dont want to pay for the extra features.
Grented it means more work for the user and takes longer , but all covers are free if u dont want the extra stuff and you can still get any size cover you want using the free section.

Thats one person that would never have donated anyway - he wants and expects everything free always but wont put any effort in himself.

By the way , i have offered all of the coders and people who help out (that i know of) an account for nothing as i appreciate the work they already do and i dont think they should have to donate, though beardface did anyway even though i think he has done more than enough (thanks man)

neardark

Trophies
XP
Country
so what's all the talk on the site about making the USB loader have a username and password on the newer version? and only those who have donated can download via the loader?? I know it's free for them to goto the site, but then I was told all downloads had stopped except for members? hmmm who are the members, ah those who have donated!!!

and for your info I donated 3 Euros

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People love to bitch on the internet. In real life people are afraid of getting their asses beat, so they don't bitch as much. I wonder if the internet showed your home adress everytime you posted, if people would bitch as much.

I still can't believe you cleared a terabyte of uploads this month. That is sick! How big are the covers anyway? like 30K per cover? How many covers were uploaded? That is insane.

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
neardark said:
Kosaic you can make the covers yourself using the info shown on page 1 of this topic, also there's other sites that you can download these things, in theory you don't even need the site in question as long as you stick with the current version of this.

I know covers well, I was the originator for All the Covers when all the USB loaders came to life
smile.gif
(read back 1,000,000 posts for more details)
smile.gif

Was just asking a simple question about the $$ of it all. I dont think 1 euro is worth chatting about, people just need to pay up.

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
neardark said:

double post, sorry

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
We need to get back on topic here....

This thread is about the loader and not the boxart site.

As already stated, the boxart site is free, you only have to donate to get the extra features which is fine.

Now back to what this thread is all about ..... the loader
smile.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah sorry scooby - there is another thread about the images a few posts down if anyone wants to continure any chats about the site there.

I just wanted to make people aware that a username and password introduced to this loader will not be due to the coders on here putting it there , its to facilitate the site.

This loader is still amazing and works brilliantly so i just didnt want people giving the coders on here abuse for changes i made.

neardark

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't get me wrong, some people do deserve cash, those who spent months coding Coverflow to get it to the stage it's at now, and I would watch who your calling a Fucking Idiot if I was you.

Posts merged

The loader as it stands I reckon is close to perfect.

~De arimasu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been using Cover Flow since two days ago. The first two days it was working fine, cover art downloaded fine, disk art downloaded fine, titles downloaded fine, games got ripped onto the USB fine.

Today however it seems to have given up on me. Every time I try to download the cover art it works fine but continuously pops up with 'some error occured' during each item it downloads. When I try to put a new game onto my USB I do everything as usual but obviously cos it can't get the box art images there, it just says 'no cover found'. When I try to get the game to go to the USB however it packs in and goes to the black Code Dump error screen.

Does anyone know why this has suddenly decided to happen and if there is a fix for it? I haven't done anything to the USB since I've last used it yesterday when it was working fine. I've tried several games all with the same error.

neardark

Trophies
XP
Country
just a note for some, I downloaded RC7 worked perfect and tried the new RC7.1 some of the games that worked on RC7 did not work on the RC7.1 so would stick with the RC7.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
Every usb loader uses the boxart site at the moment so it has nothing to do with this loader - dont blame the lads who work hard on this project , they are being forced to change the way they work by the way i wrote my code on the boxart site

Any loader that wishes to auto download from the wiiboxart.com site will need to impliment the same system.

Good luck getting someone to code and host a site thats using over 1000 gigs of bandwidth a month.

As i said - you pay for the bandwidth and ill put the site back to being free again. I think thats a very valid offer but u keep ignoring it.
Can't they all be uploaded in one or two files to MU or something, and then have updates once a month or however often you or anyone helping is willing to do it? That would certainly cut down on bandwidth usage and perhaps even earn you some money or something. I mean if you truly aren't trying to make money and it's just a bandwidth issue, that seems an ideal solution. And compared to the amount of work already done, it would be a piece of cake. If you needed help doing so, I'm sure there would be a few volunteers, myself included.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
Yup - u have all the answers - go register a website and put advertising on it - we'll see how u do after the first 250 gigs of data gets used and how much advertising will cover.
Not sure what you're paying, but with 1&1 right now, you can get hosting that has 1200GB/month transfer allowance for a total of $45 a year ($2.49/mo. for first 6 months, and $4.99/mo. for the last 6). Advertising wouldn't be able to cover that?

neardark

Trophies
XP
Country
sound fairly cheap, good deal, I don't think he will be paying that much out as he makes out, just makes it sound a lot when you say 1000GB, if what your saying Skizzo is true then it probably is not costing as much as he would like people to think. and if hes paying more then maybe should consider the Rapidshare or megaupload option.

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked this last night but no one answered. I'm useing Rc7 and I downloaded 3d covers it looked and worked fine. But now everytime I try open up coverfloader it just resarts my wii or goes back to homebrew channel. I'm on 3.2u wii cios rev 10 thanks.

neardark

Trophies
XP
Country
Jabmsater try deleting the two XML files from the usb-loader folder in the root of your SD and try it again, maybe one of them is corrupt, only thing I can think of. if that does not work, try removing the images and try again

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Scoobyscoobydoo said:
We need to get back on topic here....

This thread is about the loader and not the boxart site.

As already stated, the boxart site is free, you only have to donate to get the extra features which is fine.

Now back to what this thread is all about ..... the loader
smile.gif

My question is about the loader .. The cover images will not download, and without them, the loader is mostly useless.

So, whats the best way to resolve ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY