Not open for further replies.

wazy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Hi guys,

I updated to RC7, and now Ghostbusters, Indy, and MySims Racing now work perfectly!! So I just wanted to say thanks a lot for all the great work on this loader!!
yay.gif

I wonder if you could implement a proper fix for Wii Sports Resort (JAP), to make it work without all this messing around that I'm reading about and don't understand!!???
laugh.gif

Thanks again for making the best USB Loader
grog.gif

neardark

Trophies
XP
Country
hey I download this and it works great but sometimes it won't find my hard drive and other times it will, I'm using an external 2.5" 320 GB drive, anyone any ideas why it works sometimes but not others.

Jaz808

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
With the cheat manager, how does it work, do you need to change the txt to gct and move then in codes folder on the root of the sd card like Ocarina, why i ask is i have downloaded the games cheat txt file, i turn on cheats, i go to manage i select a cheat, i start the game and the cheats not working, i go back into manage and the cheat is off, also if i put a cheat on and go straight back to manage the cheat is off, i am confused

neardark

Trophies
XP
Country
ok here's what I need to do everytime I'm going to use this

unplug hard drive

power on wii

hit reset to skip bootmii ( just because bootmii is on my SD)

power on wii remote

plug in hard drive

then use coverflow

Jaz808

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am no coder but a did learn a little bit of VB.net so it looks like the CoverFloader should turn the txt into gct

//this is where we parse the selected cheat data into a gct file for ocarina

i dont see any gct files anywhere on my sd card, should i have them ?

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Jaz808 said:
With the cheat manager, how does it work, do you need to change the txt to gct and move then in codes folder on the root of the sd card like Ocarina, why i ask is i have downloaded the games cheat txt file, i turn on cheats, i go to manage i select a cheat, i start the game and the cheats not working, i go back into manage and the cheat is off, also if i put a cheat on and go straight back to manage the cheat is off, i am confused
The cheat manager works like this:
* txt files must be stored in sd:/usb-loader/txtcodes and named [gameID].txt (eg RZPP01.txt)
* if you use the download feature in the loader then txt file placement & naming is done automatically
* when you turn cheats "ON" and click "manage", you can enable the cheats you want to use.
* when you exit "manage" and say "yes" to use the codes, it creates a gct with those codes enabled in sd:\codes\
* that gct will remain active whenever cheats are set to "ON" for that game
* if you go back into "manage" you will see all cheats appear disabled - this does not mean that they ARE disabled

The Cheat Manager is still in beta so some codes may not work - there are already many improvements & bugfixes in the SVN

Jaz808

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thank you for the quick reply and very very good work, one last question should that gct file stay in the codes folder or does it erase once you exit the game ? as i only have the 5 gct files i put there myself

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Jaz808 said:
Thank you for the quick reply and very very good work, one last question should that gct file stay in the codes folder or does it erase once you exit the game ? as i only have the 5 gct files i put there myself
Thanks
The gct file will stay. It will overwrite if there was already a gct for that game. Do you have the txt file for the game in the right place, with the right name?

LoRD RPG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
QUOTE said:
On your SD card, the .png image files go on SD:/usb-loader/3dcovers, and they should be 4-character names that match the game ID. Normally you'd just delete the last 2 characters in the files downloaded if you got them all from wiiboxart.com.

thanks for the info not show in the first post about 3D covers needing to be 4 digits, ill give it a try thanks
If you're downloading 3D covers,

- 1) Go to the Wii Boxart website
- 2) select one of the following: PAL Games - NTSC Games - NTSC-J Games
- 3) Image Height - Change to 224 - Click "Change Image Size" Button
- 4) Use this button
fullcover.png
to Download CoverFloader 3D images
- 5) 3D images go in :\usb-loader\3dcovers\
- 6) Make sure you have 3D covers enabled in the CloverFloader settings

When downloading 3D covers, if you use this button,
3D.png
you'll get the wrong covers for CoverFloader.

white2833

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm going crazy trying to get covers to work properly. I have downloaded the images from WiiBoxArt for TigerWoods 2010 Golf...code R90E69.png. I'm using CoverFlow RC7 (just installed U1, no difference), I have /usb-loader on my SD, and the other subdirs are there (covers, games, disks, etc). CoverFlow starts fine, and sees Tiger Woods Golf 2010 on my hard drive, but no cover pops up (it just says "no cover"). If I select it, and the disk cover now shows just fine with the .png file.

I've confirmed that the box art is the right size and is a .png located in /usb-loader/covers. I've tried naming it R90E69.png, R90E.png and tried capitalizing png to PNG in case that matters, but nothing that I do makes that cover show. What am I doing wrong???

Thanks for your help.

white2833

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
white2833 said:
I'm going crazy trying to get covers to work properly. I have downloaded the images from WiiBoxArt for TigerWoods 2010 Golf...code R90E69.png. I'm using CoverFlow RC7 (just installed U1, no difference), I have /usb-loader on my SD, and the other subdirs are there (covers, games, disks, etc). CoverFlow starts fine, and sees Tiger Woods Golf 2010 on my hard drive, but no cover pops up (it just says "no cover"). If I select it, and the disk cover now shows just fine with the .png file.

I've confirmed that the box art is the right size and is a .png located in /usb-loader/covers. I've tried naming it R90E69.png, R90E.png and tried capitalizing png to PNG in case that matters, but nothing that I do makes that cover show. What am I doing wrong???

Thanks for your help.

white2833

Post a screen shot of the windows explorer view of your sd card (including the full path to your covers folder); Make sure you hover over the image when you take the screen shot so I can see the properties of your png.

We should be able to figure it out for you pretty quick with that.

LoRD RPG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the Hard drive connected to your computer, use WBFS Manager 3.0 or 3.01 select your WBFS drive and load the contents, then scroll to the game in question. Check the ID code and make sure it's the same as the cover art that you are trying to use.

Tiger Woods Pga Tour 2010 has four different codes depending on which you have.

NTSC Codes: R9OE & 7374

Pal Codes: RT8P & R9OP

EDITED FOR CORRECTION

Oops, just noticed that you are using what appears to be OS-X. Basically same process, only you'll need to use what ever program is used for OS-X.

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey on the new coverfloader rev 7 and it was working until I downloaded covers. Now everytime I try start it, it restarts my wii or just fizzes up screen and freezes. I'm on cios rev10 3.2u wii. Thanks

white2833

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LoRD RPG said:
With the Hard drive connected to your computer, use WBFS Manager 3.0 or 3.01 select your WBFS drive and load the contents, then scroll to the game in question. Check the ID code and make sure it's the same as the cover art that you are trying to use.

Tiger Woods Pga Tour 2010 has four different codes depending on which you have.

NTSC Codes: R9OE & 7374

Pal Codes: RT8P & R9OP

EDITED FOR CORRECTION

Oops, just noticed that you are using what appears to be OS-X. Basically same process, only you'll need to use what ever program is used for OS-X.

I did just that, and my Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010 game is R9OE69 according to WBFS Manager on my Mac.

Under the "covers" subdir, I have R9OE.png and R9OE69.png (just in case) and it still doesn't find it.

I tried another rip, this time with WiiPlay (code is RHAE01), and again put RHAE01.png into the covers subdir, still doesn't find the cover.

Actually, I haven't tried 3D Covers yet...maybe I'll troubleshoot and see if that makes a diff. Odd that the Disks feature does find the png image just fine. Is there an environment variable hidden somewhere that I need to check?

white2833

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just to ask... some games like Resident Evil (PAL), Wii Sports Resort (NTSC-J) and Grand Slam Tennis (PAL) don't work properly as it appears with a black screen after it loads.
frown.gif

Has this been sorted out for RC7 Update1? or does it need more work?

white2833

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rather interesting. I tried a different loader...USB Loader-GX, and it comes up with the cover image from the SD just fine, matching the disk codes. So it appears to be something with my CoverFlow install. :-(

LoRD RPG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the ID code, are you useing a 0 or an O ?

Cause in your earlier post, you had a zero in the code, but the code from Wii Boxart has an O (oh) in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?