Not open for further replies.

pretender13

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
this question maybe a little early but is there gonna be a option for adjusting the
the text displayed when a game is selected ?

lots of games with long titles, displayed uneven at top of screen.

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretender13 said:
this question maybe a little early but is there gonna be a option for adjusting the
the text displayed when a game is selected ?

lots of games with long titles, displayed uneven at top of screen.

Yes; I'm adding graphic config options for everything right now. (Including how you want the covers displayed (size, angle, spacing, etc...)

Should be fun when its all done
smile.gif

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country
Well i got the covers showing, but not the discs, and you probably already know this bug, but i have about 98 games, if i scroll too far left or right, i get a code dump. probably the game limit bug...

afour98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nullkill, the graphic configs work awesome... more fun to play with than I thought...
Can't wait till you get the memory buffer figured out. I can get 27 of 50 covers loading right now...

adam_the_1st

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Screemer said:
you might wanna take a look how a sleek loader with changing backgrounds could look like.

Exactly, also don't forget the MediaStream skin for XBMC. Anyone who thinks that a black background is more "professional" needs to take a basic night course in design fundamentals. That's not to say I'm even arguing that a feature like this is a must, or that it is better than a simple black or white (or abstract) background, but calling it unprofessional, or using ones interest in said feature to determine there age "leave backgrounds for 16 year olds.." screams ignorance. Professionalism and personal taste are to extremely separate concepts, the chief separating factor being that no matter how well something is done, you still have the choice to like or dislike it. Professionalism is a concept of "quality work completion," thus the perfect example being the various skins for xbmc, many done with professional quality, none too many are alike. The fact that many of us here would pick different skins is in no way a measure of quality of professionalism.

Conclusion: if you can't share your opinion constructively, STFU. I like the idea, you don't, neither of us are wrong.

xomp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't be so dense there chief. I can see my comment struck a nerve with you there, so much that it seems you had to wikipedia the meaning of BIG words! Save your preaching for those who care. It's my opinion that a bunch of different bg's is a bit 'busy' in regards to a loader like this and would cheapen it greatly. I will indeed 'STFU' when you are granted such power over me there Internet toughguy.

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Oh my... I'm gonna tell my mommy a random guy in teh intenetz thinks I'm stupid because I'm younger.. Wonder who's the more mature of us..

I agree it's more of a personal taste than professionalism. Would definitely need option to not to use it..

Vibestar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xomp said:
jhoff80 said:
adam_the_1st said:
@roku, I agree with you dude, game backgrounds is a sleek way to add visual interest. Although load time on large images may be questionable. I don't really see how it's unproffesional (xomp), when its kinda hard to call any of this professional when 90% of the people using this are stealing games. Unless you're talkin professional criminal, in which case I don't know how that should look so maybe your correct, I still doubt it though.

Unprofessional, as in it would look like a mess with all the different colored background images and everything. A nice clean background looks so much nicer than something like that.

Exactly, leave backgrounds for 16 year olds..

That's not really mature to say.
I believe the PSP, Playstation 3, Xbox and all the other consoles have the possibility to set up a background if you like.
I'm not 16 but I sure like a clean background that makes it sleek to see. And even if I was 16 why not implent this so many of the younger, including me, people would like to customize their app.
We are living in a age were people want to feel like they can make things personal, even if there are restriction. So I would say yes to the background. Also a lot of other visuals could be upgraded. Its up to the coder what he will or will not put in.

Please stop making offenses to younger people and people who like to changes their GUIs to their standards.
lecture.gif

Vibestar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afour98 said:
Nullkill, the graphic configs work awesome... more fun to play with than I thought...

Did I miss anything here. I can't see a config file in the package?

m00k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rev 101 works a treat, i love the gfx options.

i had been trying to shrink the images slightly, as personally i thought they were dominating the screen slightly.

The other thing i was wondering if you were going to implement, & that is the abillity to scroll through the covers using the "x axis" of the accelerometer?

great work anyways, its like christmas every morning
tongue.gif

kyogc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
r102

ChangeLog:
-Clean up config variables to use CFG class.

If is not OK to upload the rev compiled dol, plz let me know, I will stop to do this and remove all link.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Yup, great work, love it, especially the gfx options...looks funny if set it to a high negative number
tongue.gif
. Still sad that it's always to pixelated for me...it simply doesn't look nice...I know you said you'll go over that when everything works like it should, so I'll wait
smile.gif

But awesome work, many thanks at the Team
grog.gif
!!!

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that rev101 works perfectly, loading all of my covers and disc images.

The gfx options is neat, though I wish there was a way to make it compensate for a widescreen TV so discs and covers aren't stretched too wide. (At least, I don't think any of the options seemed to do that, it's impossible to read them over the top of the covers so I was really just messing around). Hopefully that'll come in later versions? And also, I'd suggest a "Reset" option for those. Oh, and also the buttons to switch the languages, the spot where you click doesn't line up with the buttons on screen. (In fact, all of the buttons for the config seem to be just slightly off on my screen, but I assume that'll be cleaned up in future versions).

And as great as it is, once this is finished will there be any possibility of a child-proof version that removes the settings and delete buttons? While it's in such active development as it is now, two versions would be a pain, I hope that eventually there will be one.

But honestly, it's perfectly usable as is. Visually all this really still needs is a (single, in my opinion) background image, and maybe just slightly slower rotation of the disc art. I've now gotten rid of the old loader that I'd been using and have switched to this full time.

And one other thing that might be nice for future versions that isn't quite necessary might be a cursor for when the pointer isn't aimed at the screen, but again, that'd just be an added bonus.

Again, great work to everyone involved. This is amazing how fast this has really moved forward.

Edit: Oh, and since I'm using a forwarder, the option to go back to the Wii menu as opposed to the homebrew channel would be nice.

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country
kyogc said:
delta123 said:
can you compile the latest version through the read only source on the google page? because i am having problems.

rev101
BTW, the "graphic settings" is awesome.
Very nice....
disks work for me now..
i can scroll through all my games, a couple of missing covers, i tried to do the cover download, but the cover was still missing (excitebots), started scrolling again, and the loader crashed soon afterwards with garbled graphics, Wii rebooted.
But overall, much better
smile.gif

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
very nice work !
Cover downloading via wifi crashed for me, but in fact the coolest loader out there ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь