XP
Country
thanks for your hard work :)
i'd like to request some covers:

Pooyan (Famicom/NES)
Nuts and Milk (Famicom/NES)
Parasol Stars (PC-Engine/Turbografx-16)
Legend of Valkyrie (Arcade)

i got them all as Virtual Console games on my Wii but there's not any covers for them on WiiTDB :(
thanks in advance :)

halen

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm doing more SNES covers. I already have 80 new cases ready. I need the following back covers to complete the work. If anyone has any of these cases please send via PM (ONLY USA COVERS). These is the first list:

Bass Tournament
Brett Hull Hockey
Cal Ripken Jr. Baseball
Chester Cheetah - Wild Wild Quest
College Football USA 97
Dirt Trax FX
Elite Soccer
FIFA Soccer 97
Fun 'n Games
Great Waldo Search, The
Hammer Lock Wrestling
Hardball 3
Head-On Soccer
Jeopardy! - Sports Edition
Jimmy Houston's Bass Tournament USA
Legend
Mark Davis' The Fishing Master
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Mask, The
Math Blaster - Episode 1
Michael Andretti's IndyCar Challenge
Mick & Mack as the Global Gladiators
Mickey's Playtown Adventure - A Day of Discovery!

halen

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
MassiveRican my gift to you. Not the best but it is possible.

Attachments

• Mask, The.jpg
    Mask, The.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 944
Reactions: MassiveRican

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
MassiveRican: Here's the Ganbare Goemon 2 cover, the 3rd time lucky one! :lol:
....Actually it's 4th time lucky, kind of: I originally remade it with the Super Nintendo logo, but have recently started to remake all my SNES PAL-style SFC covers like this, replacing not only the logos on the front & spine but other minor touch ups, including increasing the PAL black box size to accomodate to the SFC logo length. ...Actually, looking at it the Goemon 2 logo is off-centre :wacko:, but no I'm done with this game! :lol: Final cover version of probably my all time fave SFC-only game!

Ganbare Goemon 2.smc.png

Am currently redoing all my SFC boxes in a similar style (though not as much work has gone into those as it did this one). Let me know if you want me to upload em anybody...;)

Reactions: MassiveRican

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks halen
I got some more SNES covers on the side as well. I'll clean this cover up and some others that need it when I get a chance too.
Still working 84 hours a week over here and moving to our new place this weekend.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks bud, you can only do so much depending on the source you have right :) I appreciate it.

MassiveRican: Here's the Ganbare Goemon 2 cover, the 3rd time lucky one! :lol:
....Actually it's 4th time lucky, kind of: I originally remade it with the Super Nintendo logo, but have recently started to remake all my SNES PAL-style SFC covers like this, replacing not only the logos on the front & spine but other minor touch ups, including increasing the PAL black box size to accomodate to the SFC logo length. ...Actually, looking at it the Goemon 2 logo is off-centre :wacko:, but no I'm done with this game! :lol: Final cover version of probably my all time fave SFC-only game!

Am currently redoing all my SFC boxes in a similar style (though not as much work has gone into those as it did this one). Let me know if you want me to upload em anybody...;)
You know I steer away from most PAL boxes if I have an NTSC alternative but I'm really digging what you did with the Ganbare Goemon 2 Cover. It will most definitely become my main cover for that game. Can't hurt to share what you've worked so hard on with the world bud. Why not upload em and let MS decide if he'll put it in as another Alt pack or something. Either way I'll d/load 'em and if I like others I'll definitely switch em up.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys I was finally able to get around to updating all the GB/A/C covers with your last update on 2-27-14 and I noticed one slight error for the GBA Super Mario Advance (USA) (Alt) cover. The front cover is for Super Mario Bros. 2 instead.

I like the new spines made and replaced all the original covers with those, could you guys do a quick fix when you get the chance and up it here as a singe file d/load?

It's no big deal, but it would look nice to have all the new spines line up looking complete ^_^

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update 05-12-14 - Added two unsupported cover sets from TCP for shitz 'n giggles. Atari Jaguar and Sega 32X. They are both under the "5th Generation Systems" console section.

Reactions: ToddofWar420

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Take your time bud I know u workin' like a mad man lately ;)
In the meantime I made a mock cover in paint it's garbage I'm sure but it works for me. All I did was swap the front cover from SMA to the new one with the spiffy spine.

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Update 05-12-14 - Added two unsupported cover sets from TCP for shitz 'n giggles. Atari Jaguar and Sega 32X. They are both under the "5th Generation Systems" console section.
Jaguar plugin and source code. A bit useless since it's slow even without sound. Only a few games are almost playable : rayman, pinball fantasies, rayden,etc. Forget about the 3d games. Some games need sound enabled and then... freeze.
A port based on the same emulator has been made for retroarch. No wii support yet. I doubt it'll be far better anyway. A MESS port is being worked on too. We'll see...

If you're curious about retroarch Mame performance : mame2003
Source code.
A lot of little games too slow or not compatible in fba seem to work very well. The mortal kombats or nba jam are a bit slow even with frameskip though.:(
Off course, it's not a full mame. The tiny.mak is included if you want to see which games are playable.
You need roms for mame 0.78 for best compatibility.
By the way, does someone know or have a list of which games are compatible in Mame and not in FBA ?

WiiFreasko

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Jaguar plugin and source code. A bit useless since it's slow even without sound. Only a few games are almost playable : rayman, pinball fantasies, rayden,etc. Forget about the 3d games. Some games need sound enabled and then... freeze.
A port based on the same emulator has been made for retroarch. No wii support yet. I doubt it'll be far better anyway. A MESS port is being worked on too. We'll see...

Source code.
A lot of little games too slow or not compatible in fba seem to work very well. The mortal kombats or nba jam are a bit slow even with frameskip though.:(
Off course, it's not a full mame. The tiny.mak is included if you want to see which games are playable.
By the way, does someone know or have a list of which games are compatible in Mame and not in FBA ?
Hey Wiimpathy, good to see new plugins out :P
is that the same mame in Abz's masterpiece pack?

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, the one in Abz's pack is from the former sdl-mame-wii. Based on mame 0.134, perhaps too much for the Wii...

This one is from a port for retroarch. It's mame 0.78 cf github. It's just out of curiosity to see how it runs. It doesn't hurt to have different choices.
There's an overlay option too that allows a crt filter. Yeah, that old tv appearance that old gamers want to reproduce on these stupid new flat tv. Not perfect but still very nice.
Maybe they'll release it officially but if someone has info about compatility vs fba, it would be kind.

WiiFreasko

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
No, the one in Abz's pack is from the former sdl-mame-wii. Based on mame 0.134, perhaps too much for the Wii...

This one is from a port for retroarch. It's mame 0.78 cf github. It's just out of curiosity to see how it runs. It doesn't hurt to have different choices.
There's an overlay option too that allows a crt filter. Yeah, that old tv appearance that old gamers want to reproduce on these stupid new flat tv. Not perfect but still very nice.
Maybe they'll release it officially but if someone has info about compatility vs fba, it would be kind.

ah, ok - thanks for the clarification
can I use this mame as a wiiflow plugin with argument support?

niksteve70

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I have added boxcovers to my NES, SNES, N64 and Gameboy emulators on wiiflow and they worked fine, but when I went to add the Sega system covers they wouldn't show up. I have turned on the plugin called genplus-gx, and I named the cover the same name as the rom ex: Altered Beast.bin.png. Can anybody tell me what Im doing wrong. Thank you

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Source code.
Fabulous work as always Wiimpathy! Yeah I'm not expecting miracles, but I'm gonna have a poke around with the Jag emu in a few moments - cheers!
Interestingly, regarding 32X, I remember the Android build having PicoDrive: never bothered trying it on Android myself actually, but for the proverbial shits n giggles it does support 32X - could that core be ported over? Not that I'm expecting miracles if it can, but there's a use for mastershoes 32X covers on a Wii then at least!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUwR9xdEuZI