Couple questions about cards/3DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by squall670, Mar 15, 2011.

Mar 15, 2011
  1. squall670
    OP

Newcomer squall670 Member

United States
    So I've had a cyclods evolution for a very long time now and other than a couple of times when updates took a long while for new games I've loved it. Buy I've thought about getting a superdstwo since it can play GBA games without a slot 2 card if I understand right. But being so close to the 3DS Release and having mine on order should I bother or just wait? And on the threads where ppl say carts work on the 3DS but whatever feature hasn't been able to be done yet, I can't remember what it was but I'm sure it had to do with the 3D, does that mean only original DS games would work on said card and not be able to play 3DS ones? So basically I'm just wondering if I should get one now or just wait till a card that can do 3DS games for certain is a better bet. Just don't wanna waste money on something I won't use for long at this point.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    It doesn't play GBA games as well as using a Slot-2, you might want to read some reviews on it. If you're fine with it playing them with some slight slowdown and glitches, then by all means get one.

The Supercard DSTWO wroks on the japanese 3DS (in DS mode), and it should be easy to get it to work on the US one when it's released. This means that yes, 3DS games do not work. There is no way to play 3DS ROMs.

A cart to play 3DS ROMs is likely to take a long time to arrive. I'm talking months, not a week after released.

3. squall670
    OP

Newcomer squall670 Member

United States
    Yeah I figured it would take a while for it to have a 3DS cart. Wasn't expecting one quickly which is fine the only main game I want is samurai warriors at release which I already have ordered anyway. And about the GBA. If it's better with an expansion what exactly IS the expansion? Always been confused on exactly what I needed. Cause that was really the only reason I would have bought a dstwo just for the GBA/snes ability to make it easier on myself lol. But there are some gba and snes I miss playing but my snes emulator I have on my cyclo doesn't play the games I want well at all.

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The expansion is a slot-2 (GBA-slot) card, which will only work in a DS/Lite. If you have a DSi/XL (or 3DS) then the DSTWO is the best choice for GBA emulation.

5. Geostar

Newcomer Geostar Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    You're best off getting a cheap cart like the R4i Gold which runs R4Wood and then getting a cart that plays 3DS games when those become available.

6. Sausage Head

Banned Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Netherlands
    He wants to buy the DSTWO because it can play GBA games.
    Read the thread before making unhelpful comments

7. LinkX9

Newcomer LinkX9 Advanced Member

United States
    That's crazy. Now I know I'm gonna get my hands on a DSTwo for sure because I just ordered a Nintendo 3DS and I mean the US 3DS. I only hope that it works on the new Supercard I plan to get.