Costello Why am I baned? Is it because of the VPN provider?

tehzebra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
So today I felt Like checking out what is new on gbatemp only to find out that my VPN IP is being blocked. I have tried to contact you Costello but it seems to me like "unblocking" or "unbanning" me is out of the question, especially since not receiving my email message is a permanent error.

This is the message that I am getting when I visit the website with my VPN IP.
IP Blocked

Your IP address is blocked from this server

It appears that you are connecting through an IP address that is currently blocked by the firewall running on our server.
If you want to visit GBAtemp.net please simply switch off your proxy or VPN connection, or try connecting from your home address.
If you think this is a mistake, please feel free to contact us.
NOTE: we will NOT unban your particular VPN/proxy/TOR/hosting IP address. Please do not contact us for exceptions.

Your blocked IP address is: 109.201.154.200

PS. I am showing my fake VPN IP because I don't care who sees it. But on another note why create such a screwed up way of sending a blocked IP message without a reason and a explanation?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So today I felt Like checking out what is new on gbatemp only to find out that my VPN IP is being blocked. I have tried to contact you Costello but it seems to me like "unblocking" or "unbanning" me is out of the question, especially since not receiving my email message is a permanent error.

This is the message that I am getting when I visit the website with my VPN IP.
IP Blocked

Your IP address is blocked from this server

It appears that you are connecting through an IP address that is currently blocked by the firewall running on our server.
If you want to visit GBAtemp.net please simply switch off your proxy or VPN connection, or try connecting from your home address.
If you think this is a mistake, please feel free to contact us.
NOTE: we will NOT unban your particular VPN/proxy/TOR/hosting IP address. Please do not contact us for exceptions.

Your blocked IP address is: 109.201.154.200

PS. I am showing my fake VPN IP because I don't care who sees it. But on another note why create such a screwed up way of sending a blocked IP message without a reason and a explanation?
Did you even read the message? Apparently GBAtemp doesn't allow VPNs, and your account will be fine if you log in without it.

tehzebra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Because in the case of requiring an IP ban, banning a VPN IP is even less useful than banning a home IP.

At least that's the first thing to come to mind.

Okay so what rules on this website specify that people can't use a proxy or a VPN in order to view the whole website? The only rules for this website that can find are the forum rules, and even than they say NOTHING about not using a proxy or a vpn.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
VPNs and Proxies are banned from accessing the site mainly for security as well as multiple other reasons.

The reason why the blocking of proxies and VPNs is not in the rules is because if you try and access the site through such means you get an automated message telling you they are blocked. :)

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
visit the site with your home address and it'll be fine.
in recent days we have attempted to lift the VPN/proxy ban.
The result of this attempt was a SHITTON of spam (between 20-50 spambots a day).
So we had no other choice but to put the ban back up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    I had EarthLink lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I had EarthLink lol