Canada
Here is a list of cool ideas for ds homebrew

- Ds windows (like xp)
- Ds mac (like a mac)
- Ds limewire
- A new version of super mario war
- Dstube (youtube for ds)
- Gba emu (Realy would like this)
- Ds rom downloader (a app to download roms or homebrew games on)
- Ds Hero (a rip off of guitair hero with guitar grip support with downloadable ssongs over wifi)
- Ds race (a 3d online racing game with nice grafix and custom tracks and car which can be downloaded over wifi)
- Ds media player (a cool media play like windows media player and look like it too that can play videos , music and view pics

Thats all but tell me what you think.

UPDATE:

Okay you guys hate my ideas but how bout this one

Could like homebrew developers port over gba not emu them if so i would like you see the fallowing games

-Driv3r GBA (that game is like gta but for the gba awsome grafix for gba wish china town wars was a bit like this)
-Kirby games those are awsome
-Megaman games
-Mario (No need really i know these are for the snes)
-Metroid Zero
-Final Fantasy Tactics ( i know the second one is out for ds)
-Mario Kart

Japhle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
- Ds windows (like xp)no
- Ds mac (like a mac)no
- Ds limewire no
- A new version of super mario war noo
- Dstube (youtube for ds) noo
- Gba emu (Realy would like this) NOOOOO!!!!!!!!
- Ds rom downloader (a app to download roms or homebrew games on) Might have a NDS emulator Too slow
- Ds Hero (a rip off of guitair hero with guitar grip support with downloadable ssongs over wifi) Fret Fury
- Ds race (a 3d online racing game with nice grafix and custom tracks and car which can be downloaded over wifi) GRID
- Ds media player (a cool media play like windows media player and look like it too that can play videos , music and view pics Moonshell

Although there is a new handheld called pandora which is pretty powerful and will likely be able to watch flash videos, GBA emulator Maybe DS emulator and obviously media files.

http://www.openpandora.org/

V!olaPlayer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. Cool, but almost impossible, and the ds can't take so much.
2. Again, cool, but the ds wouldn't be able to handle it. Just look at DSLinux, it can barely support commands.
3. Very cool, but it would take a lot of time. It could possibly access the limewire server or whatever and download a song.
4. WAT
5. Heh, was started (only discussion) in a topic before, but it's almost impossible, too.
6. All you need is a 3-in-1 and GBAExploder (software thing) for it.
7. FretFury. Google it.
8.There's some already out there, just search!
9. DSOrganize and/or Moonshell.

=]

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
- Ds windows (like xp)
- Ds mac (like a mac)
Remember, you can't use these to run official games anyways.

- Ds limewire
Download speed will suck shit. And if you get millions of items when you search, I think it may lag pretty bad.

- A new version of super mario war
probably possible

- Dstube (youtube for ds)
There is no way to play youtube videos for the DS. so unless somebody converts ALL the videos on youtube in a ds playable format, this is impossible.
+ buffering may occur every 2 seconds.

- Gba emu (Realy would like this)
But it's impossible.

- Ds rom downloader (a app to download roms or homebrew games on)
The Ds download speed is very slow, so a full rom can take about 9 hours for an average sized game. Small homebrews might be downloadable.

- Ds Hero (a rip off of guitair hero with guitar grip support with downloadable ssongs over wifi)
try fretfury.

- Ds race (a 3d online racing game with nice grafix and custom tracks and car which can be downloaded over wifi)
PSHH

- Ds media player (a cool media play like windows media player and look like it too that can play videos , music and view pics
We've got moonshell/hacked sakura firmware.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although it would be kinda lame I would love to see a remake of the old Pac-man arcade for two players where one played the ghosts and the game could use two screens and the Pac-man player would use the d-pad while the ghost player would use the A/B/X/Y buttons.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chistogo said:
Guys one thing i dont understand they can emu a GB and snes but they cant emu a gba game?
This has been discussed thousands of times try searching. I wouldn't be surprised if somebody asks about a N64 or PSX emulator next.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
chistogo said:
Guys one thing i dont understand they can emu a GB and snes but they cant emu a gba game?

BECAUSE NOBODY WANTS TO EVEN TRY. THE DS PROBABLY CANT HANDLE A GBA EMULATOR, AS A WAY OF PROOF, DOWNLOAD A WINDOWS GBA EMULATOR AND TRY TO RUN IT ON AN OLD 66MHZ 486 (OR EVEN 368) PC, WITH FRAMESKIP SET TO MAX AND WITHOUT SOUND, IT WILL STILL BE SUPER SLOW.

Ever since BEFORE the DS came out there has bee a solution for playing GBA games. Just grow up and stop asking for something that there has NEVER been a market for. JUst buy a GBA flash cart, thats what they're for.

chistogo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
spinal_cord said:
chistogo said:

BECAUSE NOBODY WANTS TO EVEN TRY. THE DS PROBABLY CANT HANDLE A GBA EMULATOR, AS A WAY OF PROOF, DOWNLOAD A WINDOWS GBA EMULATOR AND TRY TO RUN IT ON AN OLD 66MHZ 486 (OR EVEN 368) PC, WITH FRAMESKIP SET TO MAX AND WITHOUT SOUND, IT WILL STILL BE SUPER SLOW.

Ever since BEFORE the DS came out there has bee a solution for playing GBA games. Just grow up and stop asking for something that there has NEVER been a market for. JUst buy a GBA flash cart, thats what they're for.

thx dude know i understand and im not that much of a noob i know that he ds cant play psx and n64 games DUHHhhh i just though it could play gba games because it accually plays gba games from slot 2 BTW why can ds games can be played from slot 2 and gba games cant be played from slot 1???

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chistogo said:
Here is a list of cool ideas for ds homebrew
in other words,
"homebrew ideas i'd love to see come out but not really possible since im too lazy to figure out how to do myself so ill just make a thread about it and wait for someone to do it for me"

psywolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so change the title to ds homebrew wishllist

my ds homebrew wishlist some are wip i hear and some will never happen and are totally unrealistic

but on my ds I wish there was are
(i heard are wip but probably dropped)
knytt stories
cave story
aether

(never happen)
braid
lost winds
aquaria

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chistogo said:
spinal_cord said:
chistogo said:

thx dude know i understand and im not that much of a noob i know that he ds cant play psx and n64 games DUHHhhh i just though it could play gba games because it accually plays gba games from slot 2 BTW why can ds games can be played from slot 2 and gba games cant be played from slot 1???
Last I heard it was because gba games read data faster then DS games
which is why gba games take time to load into RAM when you start them

Do some research before you ask, and try to use proper punctuation and capitalization.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long story short, the hardware of the DS makes it impossible to load a GBA game directly from slot-1. If you boot into GBA mode, you lose access to slot-1 and any other DS-specific features. With slot-1 gone, where is the rom itself going to be stored? In the DS's 4 MB of RAM that isn't usable in GBA mode? In the GBA's 256 KB of RAM? If you stay in DS mode the whole time, you face the fact that the ARM7 processor functions entirely differently in GBA mode and DS mode so it's not as simple as running the GBA commands directly through the ARM7.

So could a hardware-based hypervisor-type setup work? According to Exophase, it might be possible with tons of work and tons of glitches. A software-based emulator would be more likely to succeed but would run at 1 fps, if that. And nobody's going to bother with that when users can simply spend $20 to get perfect GBA game playback as it is.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pimpmynintendo said:
Although it would be kinda lame I would love to see a remake of the old Pac-man arcade for two players where one played the ghosts and the game could use two screens and the Pac-man player would use the d-pad while the ghost player would use the A/B/X/Y buttons.
Seems lame.
So here's Dual Pac-Man.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=1800

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wintendos is not windows xp for the DS.
wintendos is not windows xp for the DS.