Hardware Cool idea (sort of of not really)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,076
  • Replies 33

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This. they intentionally brick people who use rip-off type of cards like the M3real.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I mean people who copy the gateway code stuff and make it there own then sell it
But in the process of doing that they bricked their own users and their arm9lh is pretty bad.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
This. they intentionally brick people who use rip-off type of cards like the M3real.

I mean people who copy the gateway code stuff and make it there own then sell it
Who deserves more blame? The ones who made the code (inadvertently bricking maybe 3 of their own users due to an error that was fixed a long time ago), or the ones who take that code, modify it to make it less stable (i.e. putting their logo over it), bricking dozens of their own users?

and their arm9lh is pretty bad.
Irrelevant. It hasn't been released yet, and there's a giant disclaimer telling people not to use it without a way to recover their nand (i.e. a hard mod).

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
gateway.png

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, that was fixed a long time ago.

Sure, but if they've had that kind of issue in the past, I personally would never support them again. Even if it never happened again, I'd never trust that thats true or that there would ever be a real guarantee that something like that couldn't happen again, that of course is disregarding the fact that I have no use for a gateway, needlessly costing money when you can do everything it does without it for free (and I never have to switch out cartridges either, only game I ever have in my 3DS is my DS flashcard, with gateway I'd have to be switching between carts if I ever want to play both kinds of games. Guess my point is, there is no good reason to waste money on the product in this day and age, especially when the company has had shady practices in the past.

D

Deleted User

OP
well, me claiming i wanted gateway out of this thread did the complete opposite f what i wanted.

and now everything is offtopic

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
well, me claiming i wanted gateway out of this thread did the complete opposite f what i wanted.

and now everything is offtopic

GBATemp is Off-topic. And BTW, i don't think that a simple skin would make the 3DS look like a brick. You could make a little box that looks like a brick and place the 3DS inside.

Reactions: DeoNaught

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw