Hacking Converting Acekard saves to R4 Gold?

jweaver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After getting fed up of waiting for the last Acekard update, I decided to buy an R4... I am now in the process of evaluating the R4, since the Acekard update came through in the end (although history is now repeating itself with 4.4.0-10)..

When I put my ROM/SAVE files onto the R4, the game started as if there was no save file.. And true enough, when I looked at the SD card, the new SAV file has a different name.

WIth Acekard its .SAV, where as with the R4 its .nds.sav

I renamed one of my Saves and now it works, so it appears that I simply have to work through a couple of 100 files, changing the file name and adding ".nds" in the middle.. But is that all there is too it? Is there anything else that needs to be converted other than the filename?

Also, is there an easier way to do it? Are there any tools, which will let me 'bulk change' the filenames?

Jon

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
After getting fed up of waiting for the last Acekard update, I decided to buy an R4... I am now in the process of evaluating the R4, since the Acekard update came through in the end (although history is now repeating itself with 4.4.0-10)..

When I put my ROM/SAVE files onto the R4, the game started as if there was no save file.. And true enough, when I looked at the SD card, the new SAV file has a different name.

I renamed one of my Saves and now it works, so it appears that I simply have to work through a couple of 100 files, changing the file name and adding ".nds" in the middle.. But is that all there is too it? Is there anything else that needs to be converted other than the filename?

Also, is there an easier way to do it? Are there any tools, which will let me 'bulk change' the filenames?

Jon

Nope,thats all
And no there is no other way.

jweaver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Jon

Nope,thats all

Thanks.. I will have to cast my mind back a few decades to when I was a Unix engineer and write a script to do it.. I can't be bothered to do it by hand.. Although, in truth, it won't take THAT long!

Edit: Forget that.. There are a ton of Windows based "Bulk File Renamers" out there.. One of which will surely do this... I will go down that route instead.. Cheers.

Edit2: I used this "http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Download.php", its ugly but did exactly what I wanted in less than a handful of seconds.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Jon

Nope,thats all

Thanks.. I will have to cast my mind back a few decades to when I was a Unix engineer and write a script to do it.. I can't be bothered to do it by hand.. Although, in truth, it won't take THAT long!

Edit: Forget that.. There are a ton of Windows based "Bulk File Renamers" out there.. One of which will surely do this... I will go down that route instead.. Cheers.

Edit2: I used this "http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Download.php", its ugly but did exactly what I wanted in less than a handful of seconds.

Great for you :)

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Jon

Nope,thats all

Isn't there a option in Wood settings to use .sav instead of .nds.sav?

Haggar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for necroposting but I didn't want to start another thread about the same topic. Does renaming the saved files in this manner still work with the latest flashkarts and firmware? I may need to convert saved games from AKAIO.1.8.6a (using Acekard 2i) to Wood (using an R4 Gold).

There is no need to convert the sav files. You just need to go into the settings and change the sav extension from .nds.sav to .sav, then on your computer rename the .nds.sav files to .sav.

This seems like a better way to do it. Where would I find this setting?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sorry for necroposting but I didn't want to start another thread about the same topic. Does renaming the saved files in this manner still work with the latest flashkarts and firmware? I may need to convert saved games from AKAIO.1.8.6a (using Acekard 2i) to Wood (using an R4 Gold).

This seems like a better way to do it. Where would I find this setting?

Dat necro bump.
Just press start, then press the R trigger, it should bring you to save settings. Then just change them in that menu.

Reactions: Haggar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol