0ominnio0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi...

Sorry to bother but I was wondering whether it is possible to use the PKMN SS (J) save with the (U) Rom.
Is it possible to do that by editing the hex or something like that of the sav file?
I already tried to make a simular file with pokesav but without changing the events you have to play the hole game again...
Is there a way to do that?

Greetz Yessica

xGrAffitix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look out! You made another thread about pokemon! Here comes the angry mob! Lol. Anyways, I don't think that's possible, and even if it were, it'd probably take way too long. In my opinion anyways.

Edit: Actually, I read your post wrong. I apologize. I thought you were talking about full rom conversion. Anyways, I think it IS possible to convert the 'SAVE'.

There are a few threads open about it. Check them out and see what you can find. I've read a few and some people are having problems. I don't think it's save issues though, I think it's just Anti-piracy issues with the US Rom

0ominnio0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thx for the answer^^

Well my rom doesn't freezes^^ But do you know how to change the sav? I hate playing games twice ;-)

And I am sorry for making another thread but I didn't find one which fits my question...

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
depends on what flashcart your using.

ex. using an r4; the japanese sav does not load with the US rom.

it has nothing to do with the sav(?) but just the anti piracy on it(?)

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
most pokemon saves are compatible between J and U.Platinum was compatible,so SS and HG was most likely compatible.

in other words rename your save to the file name of your rom and it should work

xGrAffitix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was reading about something called 'PokeSav'. I have no idea what it is really since I hadn't played the Japanese version, but there was something about being able to convert it using that, but as basher11 says, it could be an r4 issue, among other things.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xGrAffitix said:
I was reading about something called 'PokeSav'. I have no idea what it is really since I hadn't played the Japanese version, but there was something about being able to convert it using that, but as basher11 says, it could be an r4 issue, among other things.

pokesav edits your sav file. [pkm, money, etc etc.]

its just probably an r4 issue.

0ominnio0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mhmmm I use a M3 Real and well I tried loading my (J) save with the (U) rom and I got a blackscreen. But If I start the game with my pokesave-edited save it works fine.

Can I fix it somehow?

Edit:

@ ZeWarrior
Exactly! That's what I got too! Is there a way to fix this or do I have to play the whole game again...

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
lolzed said:
most pokemon saves are compatible between J and U.Platinum was compatible,so SS and HG was most likely compatible.

in other words rename your save to the file name of your rom and it should work

That doesn't work. You rename it, and you get to the title screen with all the information your name, time, etc but when you select your save it just goes to a black screen.

xbrosss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I already tried to make a simular file with pokesav but without changing the events you have to play the hole game again...

well, when the 'walk trough walls' AR is available, you'll can do it in a couple of hours ( :

PD: same problem here :/

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xbrosss said:
QUOTE said:

well, when the 'walk trough walls' AR is available, you'll can do it in a couple of hours ( :

PD: same problem here :/

that code is already out
tongue.gif

HectorD25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its possible, because i used my old (J) save into the (US) rom, it works fine
Rename your save file into your rom name, the black screen can be fixed if you use Emulators
(I use NO$GBA)

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HectorD25 said:
Its possible, because i used my old (J) save into the (US) rom, it works fine
Rename your save file into your rom name, the black screen can be fixed if you use Emulators
(I use NO$GBA)

don't lie. the rom doesn't load up with your (J) sav.

i've tried it before.

0ominnio0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
okay thx^^

Then I use the Walk Through Walls code^^

Greetz ;-)

Edit:

Where exactly can I find this code? I only find the other codes...

Kasumi Yawa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Personnaly, I just renamed the .sav Pokemon HeartGold (F).sav (form Pokemon SoulSilver (J).sav) and loaded it with the new rom
It work without probs.

0ominnio0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
which flashcard are you using?
My gives me a blackscreen everytime -.-
And now I loaded all my Pokemon in a U save file, edited the Player name and id&secretID and now the pokemon are acting like in the original file. Now I have to play the whole game again -.-
But can somebody give me the walk through walls code? so I don't have to walk through the gras...

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is some kinda of anti-piracy measure, maybe if you get to a certain point in the game it blocks you from continuing or something. The J saves are compatible with the U ROMs. I tested this my self 2 days ago when a friend of mind was saying it was making his game just do black screens. In fact HG and SS save files are also interchangeable with each other as well. so for example a J SS save will work on a U HG ROM. It has been this way at lest since Diamond and Pearl.

D/P saves will work on any D/P ROM*
Pt saves will work on any Pt ROM*
HG/SS saves will work on any HG/SS ROM*

*The only exception is the Korean games, once you get a friend code in either the K version or all other versions, the save file is locked to that set. It will not load on the other set.

0ominnio0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That is wonderful! Then I can use my old save on the German Game too^^ cool
But why do I get the blackscreen only when I want to use my old save. When I use the new save, that I edited, I can play perfectly without problems...
That sucks...
Could it be, that this is because of the M3 Real Firmware?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1