ROM Hack Convert FF10 PC/PS3/PS4/PSV Save to NS

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks alot!!! It works
However I do see 20, (yes 20 I counted them) chobo's as charachter icons... and japanese text next to it.

Save loads, and if I save into a new slot, the normal charachter icons are there. and the 20 chocobo and japanese text are gone.

zestiva

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Thanks alot!!! It works
However I do see 20, (yes 20 I counted them) chobo's as charachter icons... and japanese text next to it.

Save loads, and if I save into a new slot, the normal charachter icons are there. and the 20 chocobo and japanese text are gone.
because psv save head data is different than ns save , don't worry , system will auto fix by replace or new save slot

Reactions: Chrisssj2

untechsavyconsolegamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey im super new to your forums and i have carefully read every post and i have no idea how to do any of this i downloaded the hex thing but when i got the file open i knew i was lost, could someone convert my ps4 save to nintendo switch as well pretty please! :) omg i cant even find out how to attach my gamesave, does it need to be that bin file format? i cant find something to do that everything online is advertising how to open one not convert one to one, can someone help me with that too please? i love FF10 and i really dont want to start over i was just getting into end game content i dont want to lose my 100 hours gamesave when i switch to awesome mobile switch. please and thank you!

zestiva

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
hey im super new to your forums and i have carefully read every post and i have no idea how to do any of this i downloaded the hex thing but when i got the file open i knew i was lost, could someone convert my ps4 save to nintendo switch as well pretty please! :) omg i cant even find out how to attach my gamesave, does it need to be that bin file format? i cant find something to do that everything online is advertising how to open one not convert one to one, can someone help me with that too please? i love FF10 and i really dont want to start over i was just getting into end game content i dont want to lose my 100 hours gamesave when i switch to awesome mobile switch. please and thank you!
1 backup your ff10 ps4 save to usb device
2 you must buy a tool to decrypt save
https://www.savewizard.net/

AizenSousuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
What should I put for 0x8h in HxD? Kept getting invalid digit. I'm using the goto function.

how do I even get that 0x8H address?

EDIT: Got it to work using FFXED.jar

Last edited by AizenSousuke,

Oracleofire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it was discussed briefly, but can someone confirm that this does work from Switch -> PC with no issues or crashing? I want to buy the remaster on PC (to free up space on my Switch) (...and also fun mods) but I'll only do it if I can keep my Switch saves.

Last edited by Oracleofire,

darkfuturez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've got a save file backed up from my PS Vita. It is in .bin format, but now I have no idea what to do next.

I would like to import the save to my switch. Any help would be appreciated.

Lunatics

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a save file backed up from my PS Vita. It is in .bin format, but now I have no idea what to do next.

I would like to import the save to my switch. Any help would be appreciated.
Were you ever able to do this? I also have a save on my Vita I would like to convert and move to my switch or PC and continue working on dark aeons etc.

Lunatics

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone out there who can help with this and provide a little more info for converting an FFX Vita save to FFX Switch save? I used vitashell to backup my FFX saves, displayed as data0001.bin etc etc. I download FFED and try to open the saves and when I go into the folder they are in, it shows 0 bin files despite the fact that they are right there. I do not want to lose hours and hours of my progress working towards the end game and dark aeons, please can anyone give a basic or detailed description of exactly what to do? This thread is titled "FF10" yet seems to primarily focus on FFX-2. FFXED won't even detect my saves this is incredibly frustrating.

Edit: I was using Vitashell to backup my saves which I had read would avoid having to use FTP to transfer it etc, well apparently it doesn't decrypt it or breaks the save or something, once I used savemgr I am able to open the saves. I guess I will keep trying to figure out how to convert it.

@zestiva Can you maybe explain a little bit more the steps to follow in hex editor? I do not have experience using them before and I am not sure what you mean when you say copy "0x00-0x067 to sw save 0x087" or whatever. I am looking at this editor and beyond confused, is there any way you could potentially include a couple more steps or be a little more descriptive, or even make the change for me if I upload my Vita save? I am trying to do this myself and want to but I really don't understand what you mean at this part.

Last edited by Lunatics,

Lunatics

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the decrypted save now using savemgr but when I open it in a hex editor it's all gibberish to me where to start. It's all just numbers I don't know what you mean by "0x" everything is 0s and random numbers. It goes 0000000 then 000001 etc etc down a list then all blocks of 2 letters/numbers.

Like which line am I supposed to go to and what am I supposed to do? Is it line 00000000 and I change 00 06 07 to 98 46 78? (These numbers are just an example of what might be on anline to change it to).

I am sorry if I am such a noob I have never used a hex editor before and this is all Greek to me but I really want to keep and continue my existing saves and need more help navigating this like I'm 5.

Last edited by Lunatics,

zestiva

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
1 download winhex
2 use winhex open two save
3 in psv save press ctrl+a and press ctrl+shift+c
4 in ns save , press alt+g , input "00000008" confirm the cursor moves to the middle position , press ctrl+b , press ctrl+s , ok

Reactions: darkfuturez

Lunatics

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you @zestiva I will try that when I have access to my desktop again, I was using a different editor and maybe the navigation was slightly different but I will try to follow your detailed steps when I can and hopefully get it done, I appreciate it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu