Hacking Contra 4 isn't working on DSTWO

ReverseViceVersa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried multiple Contra 4 downloads and none are working on DSTWO. The icon shows up in game list, but when I load it up it freezes on DSTWO loading screen. Anyone else have this problem?

ReverseViceVersa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raven Darkheart said:
reformat the card

All of my other games work without problems. It's just Contra 4 that doesn't work. I even tested the microSD on my AK2i and it loaded fine. (I have both EOS 1.02 and AKAIO 1.6 RC2 on my microSD)

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
ReverseViceVersa said:
Raven Darkheart said:
reformat the card

All of my other games work without problems. It's just Contra 4 that doesn't work. I even tested the microSD on my AK2i and it loaded fine. (I have both EOS 1.02 and AKAIO 1.6 RC2 on my microSD)
It worked when I tried it...are you certain it's a good ROM dump of it?

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i am having the exact same problem i am using eos 1.06 a dslite and an 8gb class4 lexar microsd i have tried dl-ing from 2 different sites and same thing happens
i have the cart so i was going to try my own dump but now that you said you go the rom to work on your acecard and the samr one wont run on dstwo that isnt verry encouraging

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
totalnoob617 said:
yes i am having the exact same problem i am using eos 1.06 a dslite and an 8gb class4 lexar microsd i have tried dl-ing from 2 different sites and same thing happens
i have the cart so i was going to try my own dump but now that you said you go the rom to work on your acecard and the samr one wont run on dstwo that isnt verry encouraging

Dude, I know you are a n00b (just look at your username) but WE DO NOT SUPPORT PIRACY HERE.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fishaman P said:
totalnoob617 said:

Dude, I know you are a n00b (just look at your username) but WE DO NOT SUPPORT PIRACY HERE.
Technically, we do support it, it's just that we don't have ROMs here to prevent issues with Nintendo (and we don't allow links to ROMs and names of ROM sites for the same reason).

Also, Contra 4 has no problems on my DStwo.

Megan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had a problem with Contra 4 (and Dirt 2 and 1 other game that I don't remember) where several different save files kept generating on my card when I tried to load the game.

I eventually realised that it only happened with games that I played for the first time from soft-resetting from another game, rather than turning off the DS.

So, I deleted all of the save files and renamed the nds file and then loaded it as soon as I turned the DS on rather than from the soft reset.

Every game works now...

Hope that all makes sense.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanas said:
Rename it from Contra 4.nds to Contra_4.nds then it will work.

you beauty, been having troubles getting this to work but your method worked wonderfully

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg