Hacking Contenthax - a Vulnerability in Wii U File System Verification

Adikirak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
haha, its too long by 2 characters, I forgot to mention that I barely had any room to even allow bigger paths and that one is just a tiny bit too much, in the future I think I can *maybe* fit like, 16 more in by now but I'm not 100% sure on that so yea, didnt think any path would break that so quickly.
WoW really thanks had run now :D
Thanks for your patience. Nice work
Sorry for my bad english rsrs

dj_skual

Code & Mix
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
i've installed hachi v1.5, but when i use wupinstaller, i simply return the the wiiu menu when i press x to install to usb...
i've reinstalled v1.4 of hachi, and that work good
an idea?

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have also installed v1.5 and now going to mii maker doesnt load the homebrew launcher it just returns to the system menu but loading brain age again works but if i play a game in loadiine and then launch brain age it freezes the system so ive downgraded back to v1.4.

Last edited by worm28,

javiliyors

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How i can install channel with rednand and hbc?? Need two games, but the rom.zip for rednand how i found?? Need to make?

xstationbr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Good Morning, or Good Night to yours, here in Brazil is 07:37AM, i want to know somethings cause had so much pages on here and i just read any 15,
my questions is :
Can i use Region Free on SysNAND?
Can i open WUP INSTALLER in SysNAND without open the Homebrew Launcher? (but if i need no problem)
Can i install these Hacked Games using the WUP INSTALLER?

My last time i have use WUP Installer, using Homebrew Launcher using Browser with LOADIINE.OVH .MP4 and installed my games with WUP Installer onto USB HDD 500GB.
Thanks an sorry if my questions are no allowed.
Sorry my bad english cause im brazilian and my english is not too advanced! :)

I dreaming the day we can play or run Android on WiiU to play Games like Asphalt Xtreme, this will be Nice, but with Power PC i think this canot be possible.
But maybe.

Jaxmc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good Morning, or Good Night to yours, here in Brazil is 07:37AM, i want to know somethings cause had so much pages on here and i just read any 15,
my questions is :
Can i use Region Free on SysNAND?
Can i open WUP INSTALLER in SysNAND without open the Homebrew Launcher? (but if i need no problem)
Can i install these Hacked Games using the WUP INSTALLER?

My last time i have use WUP Installer, using Homebrew Launcher using Browser with LOADIINE.OVH .MP4 and installed my games with WUP Installer onto USB HDD 500GB.
Thanks an sorry if my questions are no allowed.
Sorry my bad english cause im brazilian and my english is not too advanced! :)

I dreaming the day we can play or run Android on WiiU to play Games like Asphalt Xtreme, this will be Nice, but with Power PC i think this canot be possible.
But maybe.
good morning, First: you can use games for all regions in sysnand, just need to modifyed de meta.xml, i dont think we can do that, en third, i dont understand that question xd.

Reactions: xstationbr

gl1mml1ng

Trophies
Website
tuetenmensch.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, I have found an issue with the latest Haxchi. Maybe it's only for me.

When I launch HBL with Haxchi (brainage) and then launch WUPinstaller Ymod, I cannot install a title. Instead it returns to the Home menu. In my case it was the game update from one of the Taiko games, I tried to install. I tried it several times and it didn't worked.

Then I powered the Wii U off and started again, but this time with the HBL launched from the browser exploit. Now it was possible to install with Wupinstaller.

Can someone confirm this behaviour? WUPinstaller worked for me with the Haxchi version from saturday.

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have found an issue with the latest Haxchi. Maybe it's only for me.

When I launch HBL with Haxchi (brainage) and then launch WUPinstaller Ymod, I cannot install a title. Instead it returns to the Home menu. In my case it was the game update from one of the Taiko games, I tried to install. I tried it several times and it didn't worked.

Then I powered the Wii U off and started again, but this time with the HBL launched from the browser exploit. Now it was possible to install with Wupinstaller.

Can someone confirm this behaviour? WUPinstaller worked for me with the Haxchi version from saturday.

Same here. I can't install anything with WUPInstaller Y if booted from Haxchi, though I haven't tried booting from the browser yet.

Edit: Booting through the browser works just fine, so it's something weird with Haxchi going on.

Last edited by Goloki,
Reactions: gl1mml1ng

Durig

OMGWTFBBQ
Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
can somebody help me with config.txt file? :D
Wiiu: PAL, game : Brain training PAL 10179C00( USB), sysNAND
config is look like this:
a=fw.img
default=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf

Bezymyanny.png

ps.and when exactly should i press A button?

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are we likely to see a free version of Haxchi at some point or because it's available for DS VC have people stopped looking ?

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are we likely to see a free version of Haxchi at some point or because it's available for DS VC have people stopped looking ?

Brain Training was free for a limited time, that's a way to get it free.
I downloaded it, booted it up once and never played it again, so for me, it should be free, but so far, there are no free VCs.
As of today, I still wish I never bought DK64 VC because of the 1 second input lag lol. Too bad you can't trade VC games xD

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Brain Training was free for a limited time, that's a way to get it free.
I downloaded it, booted it up once and never played it again, so for me, it should be free, but so far, there are no free VCs.
As of today, I still wish I never bought DK64 VC because of the 1 second input lag lol. Too bad you can't trade VC games xD

Yes, I'm aware that it was free for many for a limited time, sadly not for me though :(

Kind of curious for the rest of us if anything else is in the work behind the scenes

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Sorry if this comes across as a bit lazy, but this has become a mammoth thread and the answer has become buried somewhere in here.

How do we send across a custom meta file etc. so we have change the icon of our DS game?

Last edited by sj33,

kruy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
I:\haxchi-master\hbl_loader\sd_loader>make
entry.c
kernel_hooks.S
linking ... sd_loader.elf
c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.8.2/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: warning: cannot find entry symbol _start; defaulting to 00800000
Help,please!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@FIX94,thank you!
This problem has been resolved with new version.

Last edited by kruy,

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this comes across as a bit lazy, but this has become a mammoth thread and the answer has become buried somewhere in here.

How do we send across a custom meta file etc. so we have change the icon of our DS game?

i know how. send me a pm, can't post the link here.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

USB Commands:

w.up("bootTvTex.tga", "/vol/storage_usb01/usr/title/00050000/*YOUR_GAME_TITLE_ID*/meta/bootTvTex.tga")
w.up("bootDrcTex.tga", "/vol/storage_usb01/usr/title/00050000/*YOUR_GAME_TITLE_ID*/meta/bootDrcTex.tga")
w.up("iconTex.tga", "/vol/storage_usb01/usr/title/00050000/*YOUR_GAME_TITLE_ID*/meta/iconTex.tga")
w.up("bootSound.btsnd", "/vol/storage_usb01/usr/title/00050000/*YOUR_GAME_TITLE_ID*/meta/bootSound.btsnd")
w.up("meta.xml", "/vol/storage_usb01/usr/title/00050000/*YOUR_GAME_TITLE_ID*/meta/meta.xml")

System Memory (Nand) Commands:

w.up("bootTvTex.tga", "/vol/storage_mlc01/usr/title/00050000/*YOUR_GAME_TITLE_ID*/meta/bootTvTex.tga")
w.up("bootDrcTex.tga", "/vol/storage_mlc01/usr/title/00050000/*YOUR_GAME_TITLE_ID*/meta/bootDrcTex.tga")
w.up("iconTex.tga", "/vol/storage_mlc01/usr/title/00050000/*YOUR_GAME_TITLE_ID*/meta/iconTex.tga")
w.up("bootSound.btsnd", "/vol/storage_mlc01/usr/title/00050000/*YOUR_GAME_TITLE_ID*/meta/bootSound.btsnd")
w.up("meta.xml", "/vol/storage_mlc01/usr/title/00050000/*YOUR_GAME_TITLE_ID*/meta/meta.xml")

Once again replace *YOUR_GAME_TITLE_ID* in these commands with the ID that corresponds to your game and region:

• 10179A00 - JPN Brain Age
    10179B00 - US Brain Age
    10179C00 - PAL Brain Training
    10198800 - JPN Yoshi's Island DS
    10198900 - US Yoshi's Island DS
    10198A00 - PAL Yoshi's Island DS
    101A1E00 - JPN WarioWare: Touched
    101A1F00 - US WarioWare: Touched
    101A2000 - PAL WarioWare: Touched
    101A5500 - JPN Kirby Squeak Squad
    101A5600 - US Kirby Squeak Squad
    101A5700 - PAL Kirby Mouse Attack

Last edited by worm28,

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is it currently being ported to anymore titles? Also, is there a function added so you can choose whether to play the game or launch the exploit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O