Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Splych said:
that's an add on . technically speaking , an accessory where you will pay extra money just to have the addition of keyboard support .
unlike on PC , you could use an xbox controller without an adapter . though im not sure about ps3 or wii though .

...Which is still cheaper than going out and buying the Xbox controller for the computer... :/
wired xbox controllers are only $30, while a converter thingy + mouse + keyboard would cost way more than $30
"technically speaking", they're both accessories...

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
Splych said:
that's an add on . technically speaking , an accessory where you will pay extra money just to have the addition of keyboard support .
unlike on PC , you could use an xbox controller without an adapter . though im not sure about ps3 or wii though .

...Which is still cheaper than going out and buying the Xbox controller for the computer... :/
"technically speaking", they're both accessories...
i've seen the Xbox controller go for $40 -> $60 .
i did a quick search on amazon.com and saw your Eagle Eye for only $60 . i was pretty amazed , to see that the PS3 had support for keyboard and mouse .
a controller is like a part of the actual console , so i wouldn't say it's an accessory anymore . however , the eagle eye + keyboard and mouse , that'd equal more than the cost of a controller ...

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dangy said:
Computer
Pros
+Superior Graphics.
+Easier to customize.
+Game mods.
+Better emulator support.
+Ability to play at higher resolutions/no up-scaling.
+Better MMO experience.
+Controller/mouse and game pad support
+Free online multiplayer (for most games).

Cons
-Easier to cheat/hack.
Some people like to cheat, hack or as some EULA's say modding is hacking such as Maplestories and several others.
-No split-screen multiplayer
Some PC games have split screen multiplayer though they are rare plus you can emulate games that would have it.
-More expensive upfront.
Depends on what you play really.
-More difficult to use overall.

Console

Pros
+Not as easy to cheat.
This mostly counts for the PS3 and 360 on other consoles it is as easy as buying a gameshark or action replay which might be a negative to some people.
+Split-screen multiplayer.
+Cheaper upfront.
+Easier to use overall.

Cons
-Graphically inferior games.
-More difficult to customize/less options.
-Few game mods.
-Less emulator support.
-Up-scaling.
-Little/no MMO games
-Harder to communicate. (Keyboard.)
You can use a headset for some games and if your playing split screen talking is usually faster then typing and easier....
-Cost money to play online (Xbox 360).

Bulit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rasas said:
Dangy said:
Computer
Pros
+Superior Graphics.
+Easier to customize.
+Game mods.
+Better MMO experience.

Cons
-Easier to cheat/hack.
Some people like to cheat, hack or as some EULA's say modding is hacking such as Maplestories and several others.
I don't like to cheat
Some PC games have split screen multiplayer though they are rare plus you can emulate games that would have it.
name one pc game that supports splitscreen.
-More expensive upfront.

Console

Pros
+Not as easy to cheat.
This mostly counts for the PS3 and 360 on other consoles it is as easy as buying a gameshark or action replay which might be a negative to some people.
we're talking about current generation consoles
+Cheaper upfront.
+Easier to use overall.

Cons
-Few game mods.
-Less emulator support.
-Up-scaling.
-Little/no MMO games
You can use a headset for some games and if your playing split screen talking is usually faster then typing and easier....
you can use a headset on pc too.
-Cost money to play online (Xbox 360).
...and thanks for ripping off my list, Dangy.
dry.gif

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Computer

Pros
+Superior Graphics.
+Easier to customize.
+Game mods.
+Better MMO experience.
Also there are private servers for some games so you can play never mind not important.

Cons
-Easier to cheat/hack.
I don't like to cheat
To me it is important to consider what everyone would want which makes this a pro to some and a con to others.
name one pc game that supports splitscreen.
Shadowgrounds, Dynasty and Samurai Warriors, Several shooters No point to keep going......
-More expensive upfront.

Console

Pros
+Not as easy to cheat.
we're talking about current generation consoles
You do know it is fairly easy to cheat on the DS, Wii and PSP which are current generation.
Not all games have this like the PC just more probably
+Cheaper upfront.
+Easier to use overall.

Cons
-Few game mods.
-Less emulator support.
-Up-scaling.
-Little/no MMO games
you can use a headset on pc too.[/u]
Yes, I know

-Cost money to play online (Xbox 360).[/quote]

Lets just agree the PC and Console both have split screen games it is just the console has more.
Both have ways to communicate sometimes but overall it is easier on PC since you can use a program to do it even when restricted on the PS3, 360, Wii

Bulit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rasas said:
To me it is important to consider what everyone would want which makes this a pro to some and a con to others.
but it's a con to most people
Shadowgrounds, Dynasty and Samurai Warriors, Several shooters No point to keep going......
okay but it's rare for pc games to support splitscreen
You do know it is fairly easy to cheat on the DS, Wii and PSP which are current generation.
not handhelds, and it's still easier to cheat on pc

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bulit said:
Rasas said:

I heard it was getting even more rare for games to have split screen but then again they might be wrong.
I agree cheating and hacking is a con to most people but I find that if you agree to the EULA to certain games modding is counted as hacking so hacking isn't that bad always considering what your doing.
Handhelds have some problems with cheating as well as the Wii but really it depends on the game. Also I suppose the server for PC since the people running the private servers sometimes hand bans out like that when your hacking.

Bulit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rasas said:
Bulit said:
Rasas said:

I heard it was getting even more rare for games to have split screen but then again they might be wrong.
I agree cheating and hacking is a con to most people but I find that if you agree to the EULA to certain games modding is counted as hacking so hacking isn't that bad always considering what your doing.
Handhelds have some problems with cheating as well as the Wii but really it depends on the game. Also I suppose the server for PC since the people running the private servers sometimes hand bans out like that when your hacking.
do you have any other counter-arguments that you want me to counter-counter-argue?
rolleyes.gif

iSneeze

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
The answer is simple. If you shit money, you get a super PC from Alienware or something. If you're normal human with an average budget, you go for a console since they're optimized for the games and don't need pricey equipment to run them. I personally prefer computers because of their non limitedness.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
iSneeze said:
The answer is simple. If you shit money, you get a super PC from Alienware or something. If you're normal human with an average budget, you go for a console since they're optimized for the games and don't need pricey equipment to run them. I personally prefer computers because of their non limitedness.
It isn't that simple. You could have the best gaming PC in the world but a PC may not be for you when it comes to gaming. PC gamers and console gamers are two different markets.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
iSneeze said:

If you're stupid enough to pay the brand fees for Alienware...sure.
A PC that'll play any game, even if it's on moderate or so settings costs maybe $500. If that. My $500 PC is 2 years old and still plays any games on max settings.
$500 isn't much. Even a kid with a paper route only has to to save up for 2 months. Anyone with a real job could pretty easily afford a PC.

Consoles can be expensive. The console itself? Not so much. I remember when I got my PS2. 45$, then I went and bought 2 decent memory cards for like $25. That's more then half the damn price of my PS2. Controllers for 360 cost around $60 here, new games cost around $74 with taxes.
Comparatively most PC games sell at release for $40-50, and hell, if it's not a multiplayer game you can pirate it easily.

Anyways...i'm just repeating myself and others. Read the thread, woulda saved me time and effort to reply.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
"It's easier to cheat"

Say that to VAC.

Single player? Sure it's not hard to whip out a trainer, but that's only ruining the single player experience for that person. Multiplayer is a whole different ballgame when it comes to hacking, assuming you aren't playing on the unsecured servers piraters play on.

Also, it's something you'll only encounter if you play with pubbies, which no real PC gamer does on a large enough basis to make it an annoyance.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well if you are on a cracked server , then you should expect at least one cheater in the server .
there are a bunch of anti-cheat measures used in games such as VAC and Punkbuster that try to remove the usage of cheats . they actually work , if you're not in a cracked/pirated server .

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FireGrey said:
Online gaming is great on computers but it's extremely easy to cheat.
So it makes for unfair online with alot of people cheating.

I'm seriously going to break my face from FaceDesking every time someone says this.
It's not fucking easy to hack GOOD games openly. CSS, TF2, anything Vac secured, good luck. Your ass is fucked if you hack on vac secured server.
The only games riddled with hackers are those shitty MMOFPS like combat arms where the companies in charge of them don't give a shit as long as people buy cash shop items.

You will see console multiplayer hackers just as much as PC multiplayer hackers. It's easier to get and use hacks, but your dumb ass will still be swiftly banned by the righteous banhammer of justice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hp24nDVKvY