r3dfaction

Trophies
Website
phyzorg.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
The base month-to-month service fee is $14.95. Loyalty programs (e.g. multi-month pricing) and other special offers will be announced by the start of E3. The first 25,000 qualified people to register on the OnLive Game Service will have their first 3 months’ service fee waived. You’ll find all the important details here, and note that the service fee does not include the purchase or rental of games.
http://www.onlive.com/service/faq.html

This is not goin to last in the market... $15 monthly plus (lets say) $40-60 per game (that you don't own because if your not "OnLive" then it won't work offline)

FAIL!

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sir-Fritz said:
Bladexdsl said:
Rydian said:
EDIT: Oops, I can't read, it says 5Mbps for HD. 625 KB per second, 20.83 KB of data per frame at 30FPS.
it's fucking useless here than we can't even go up to 5mb/s highest we can achieve (if your lucky to even get this i have this connection but max at 1.1mb/s) is 2.4mb/s! they better not even bring it here cos it will be a big loss to them
rofl.gif
Ever heard of adsl2+? That more then suffices at up to 24mb/s. I dont have very fast internet and i have 4 mb/s
your missing the point 24mb/sec IS 2.4/mb sec usa uses different definitions to us. you have 4mb sec? you have 400Kb/sec than not even close to being enough
tongue.gif

i have same connection twoplus my max speed is 13mb/sec AKA 1.3mb sec but i hardly even get that most time i get only 1.0mb/sec
lecture.gif

don't pay any attention to our so called advertised download speeds their all lying. download something off your isps server to do a test and watch what speed is says in your browser THAT'S your real speed.
laugh.gif

adsl2+ is overrated here you will never receive that max speed it advertises unless your living right on the doorstep of the fucking exchange.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
No no no, network speed is measured in bits (small b), filesize speed (and thus file download speed) is measured in Bytes (big B), so if your ISP advertises a 5mb connection speed (5 megabit), that's what you're getting. Just, as I showed, 5 megabits is 625 kilobytes download speed.

It's just conversion between two different units of measurement.

And, that said, the same internet isn't available in every place.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rydian, I appreciate it when someone else here is able to differentiate between bits and bytes. I hate it when people think Mb and MB are the same thing.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i think they see pirates as a big threat hence try to solve the main/dominant reason of pirating which is getting the game hence very nice idea though ppl who cant get either (buy off the shelf or on-demand) will have problems like ppl here but it will take time to get implemented properly

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
hmmm.
I was dubious about Onlive.. until a friend working in the video game industry (game development) told me he "has tried it, and it works great".
I have no idea how they're going to proceed technically, but if game developers say it'll work, then perhaps I should begin to believe?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Costello said:
hmmm.
I was dubious about Onlive.. until a friend working in the video game industry (game development) told me he "has tried it, and it works great".
I have no idea how they're going to proceed technically, but if game developers say it'll work, then perhaps I should begin to believe?
I don't doubt that it'll be functional.... I doubt that it'll play an FPS fine.

Other games, like racing and some RTS games don't matter if you have 100 more ping.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back