Gaming Considering a vita...again

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it displays the wrong colors, how can you say there is nothing wrong with it?

Another person who can't tell the difference between lying and having an opinion

yea. colors suck

this is not LCD vs OLED. Let's say it was the opposite, let's say the slim vita screen was normal like any other LCD device, while the oled vita had the microwave oven colored screen, instead of the other way around. In my view it would be the same situation--I'd go with the screen that doesn't look like crap. I don't care about what technology is used. If I get better battery life in the process, so be it. To me that's just a bonus. It's like if you asked me, "would you like 1 hour more battery life on your Vita but in exchange I stick peanut butter until all the controls" I wouldn't accept that offer. That doesn't mean I don't care about battery life, it just means I have priorities.

Wrong. I bought a slim vita from ebay even after seeing the comparison pics.
After about 2 days I realized something was wrong with it, without even owning an OLED vita for comparison. How is this even possible? The slim Vita is junk, that's how. The comparions lead us to think the slim vita is almost as good as the OLED vita, but that's the not whole story.

I ordered an OLED vita the same week I received my slim vita. When it arrived I started taking comparison pics but I realized it is a waste of time. The comparison pics already exist, and they're REALLY DAMN GOOD. But still people still aren't convinced my them. I am a testament to that, seeing as I got a slim Vita even after seeing the comparison pics. So I have to wonder if there might be a psychological flaw to showing comparisons. It's as though the comparisons have the exact opposite effect and make the slim vita seem legitimate. You could probably take a picture of two OLED Vitas at different brightness settings and it would look similar to the comparisons. But in reality the problem with the slim vita isn't that it's less bright or less colorful, it's that the colors are the wrong hue.

lol features. What features? Micro usb port. That's feature, not features with an s.
I got a slim Vita for the micro usb port. But you might as well put a micro usb port on a paperweight and say it is better than the oled.
There's also the different size of the rear touchpad and grips, but that's not a feature per se.
Don't get me wrong, I love the form factor of the slim Vita, far superior and more stylish than the OLED Vita. Just not a feature in the typical sense of the word.
Sony should release a slim Vita with a normal screen. Which is what the slim Vita should have been in the first place. You must at least understand the fact that the screen on the current Vita technically shouldn't have ever existed. If Sony released a model revision where everything is green, it's not in our place to say "I actually like the green. So I don't see what the problem is." That's like if I said "I actually liked the OLED blotches. So I don't see the problem." If you think the old model is oversaturated, riddle me this, why didn't Sony just release a screen with less color saturation. Wouldn't that have made way more sense instead of making a screen where everything is urine-colored?

If you post a screenshot of a Vita game on this thread, or direct feed footage on youtube, it should look more or less the same on a Vita, rather than being bathed in yellow when actually played on a Vita. The developers of every Vita game made the colors that way intentionally, it's not in Sony's place to change the colors. If the game makers wanted to make it look like that they would have done so in the first place. Gravity Rush is a good example. The game has a very monochromatic motif, it almost looks like it's being played off a slim Vita even when played on an OLED.

or why not just turn the brightness since that decreases color intensity somewhat

even PSP-3000 let you adjust the color gamut. There was no need to release a broken screen presumably on the hardware level with no way to change it. It would literally have made more sense to release a normal screen with an option to change everything to yellow mode. Sony could theoretically release such a feature right now for the OLED vita to make it "just as good" as the crap slim Vita. Whereas the slim Vita, is probably permanently broken and cannot be fixed with a software update.
maybe the slim you got was defective because mine is not yellow or even a hint of yellow
it just looks like a normal lcd
it could be a panel lottery that affects all 3ds units as well

and yes, making the system smaller, lighter, longer battery life, making the rear grips bigger and reducing the touchpad size to make the system more comfortable to use are all features
theres other little things like 1GB built in memory (useless if you going to get a mc though), moving the power led to the top of the unit, start/select/ps logo buttons are all round now instead of ovals and made the start/select buttons bigger

and please stop telling me I have been tricked/brainwashed into thinking the slim is the same or better oled ver, I have seen and used both and my smart phone has an oled screen (which I have been using for over 3 years now) and I still take the slim any day over the 1000

Radwan126

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
if you don't have them compared side by side you won't see any difference , so whether you bought the slim or the fat , you won't see any difference whatsoever .

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Vita is great. Forget the haters.
Will be even better once it's hacked. We'll finally have N64 roms running at full speed, a proper MAME emulator working, maybe a Saturn emulator and so on.

I'd just be happy if the Vita could be hacked to access the PSP Mode natively rather than go through an exploitable game (music seems to be slowed down and emu games don't run at their best -- or really bad like Doom, VR Deluxe, etc).

Radwan126

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
in the end both are Vitas , it doesn't matter if its slim or fat , as long as you have a Vita then you should be happy because its an awesome device

Megaben99

I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love mine, plus since the VitaTV was such a fail, you can get one on the cheap to play your Vita games on the big screen

Megaben99

I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't really play the Vita games I wanted on PSTV but eh doesn't matter since I got it for the oldies.
Yes compatibility could use some improvement...but Don't Starve was nice since I don't have a PS4. Was looking forward to Axiom Verge but it looks like there is a hold up on the Vita release.

VmprHntrD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the problem right there. After seeing the visibility it had at E3 this year it's off my radar as it's basically dead which is a shame. Sony has potential there they're pissing away.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou