WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm a big fan of the Wii U Pro Controller. It's the best controller ever made. I want to use it with my phone. It doesn't work with Android devices out of the box. Somebody needs to make an app that lets you pair and connect the controller to android. It has been proven that it's possible because a few emulators from one person I don't recall the name of have support for the controller. Anybody interested in spending their valuable time to code a Wii U Pro controller app for me?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
After the 4.2 update from Android, Wiimote bluetooth compatibility was broken. Very few bothered fixing it, with newer, cheaper, and arguably better controller options releasing at the time, there seemed no point in fixing something that wasn't being used mainstream.

There's a single app at this current point in time that boasts Wiimote support on 4.2+, USB/BT Joystick Center, however it's fairly expensive (~$6) and hardly seems worth the price. According to various sources in my 30 second google search (y'know, that thing you should've done first) I found that the Wii U Pro controller should connect just fine to USB/BT Joystick Center, however if you back out of any app you're using it in, it closes the connection (so switching between apps will require you reset the connection to the Wii U Pro controller). This is just about the best you're going to get.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.poke64738.usbjoygold < Link to USB/BT Joystick. There's a demo available as well, but I'm not sure what's limited and what's not.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I'm on kitkat and android stated that they fixed Bluetooth jamepad support

AFAIK, the bluetooth stack is still missing access to a certain Bluetooth Layer, meaning Wiimotes are still unusable. Like I said, nobody really cares that Wiimotes don't work anymore, so fixes aren't high priority.

gman666

Cubicle Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I remember correctly, Cyanogenmod works well with the wiimote controller. I think it's because they built their bluetooth stacks from the ground up. It's been so long since I last used any custom roms tho.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm a big fan of the Wii U Pro Controller. It's the best controller ever made. I want to use it with my phone. It doesn't work with Android devices out of the box. Somebody needs to make an app that lets you pair and connect the controller to android. It has been proven that it's possible because a few emulators from one person I don't recall the name of have support for the controller. Anybody interested in spending their valuable time to code a Wii U Pro controller app for me?
Honestly, the 360 controller is better. The Pro Controller is just a 360 controller with awkward button placement.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Honestly, the 360 controller is better. The Pro Controller is just a 360 controller with awkward button placement.
Not sure what you mean by awkward. The analog sticks are placed there where they should be and the digipad along with the face buttons are on the same level, which is perfect for retro gaming and beat'em ups. As an Xbox player, you need to get used to the placements of the analog sticks but once you got used to it, you won't want to go back. Oh and the digipad of the Wii U Pro is in any way superior to the Xbox digipad.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Not sure what you mean by awkward. The analog sticks are placed there where they should be and the digipad along with the face buttons are on the same level, which is perfect for retro gaming and beat'em ups. As an Xbox player, you need to get used to the placements of the analog sticks but once you got used to it, you won't want to go back. Oh and the digipad of the Wii U Pro is in any way superior to the Xbox digipad.
ABXY buttons are placed wrong. The ABXY buttons are used far more than the right stick, they should be in an easily accessible position.

drnatedogg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Care to give and update? I'm getting a OnePlus One which of course has cm11 built in so I want to see how you did. I'd much rather use the Wii U Pro controller than buy a moga.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Male microUSB to female USB and Mayflash Wii U Pro Controller adapter. May be bit bulky but because it makes signal basic Dinput or Xinput it should work and you can also use the converter with every other device as well from PC to PS3.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Not possible AFAIK after the Jellybean (4.2) update which forced devices to use a PIN to connect. Obviously, the Wiimote and Wii U Pro controller have no use for a PIN so they don't work unless you buy USB BT Joystick Center GOLD with a blutetooth dongle with a certain chipset and a Micro USB OTG cable.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Not possible AFAIK after the Jellybean (4.2) update which forced devices to use a PIN to connect. Obviously, the Wiimote and Wii U Pro controller have no use for a PIN so they don't work unless you buy USB BT Joystick Center GOLD with a blutetooth dongle with a certain chipset and a Micro USB OTG cable.
Or just buy a ControllerMax device.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: