Misc Connect DSi XL to cellphone hotspot

Jalkhov

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I am trying to connect the console to the shared connection of a Nokia Lumia 710, the access point security type is WPA2.

The error it throws at me is: 052010-1, saying that no "IP address could be obtained".

For this type of connection how should I set the IP address? Because I enter to configure it and it also asks me for the subnet mask and the gateway.

The method I used was: Settings Menu > Internet > Connection Settings > Advanced Settings > Connection 4 > Search for Access Point > I select the network > I insert the password (themostsecurepassword) > I press accept > I save the settings > It tells me that a connection test is going to be performed, after approximately 40 seconds it throws me the error exposed above.

I just installed HiyaCFW to my console, just so you know.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to connect the console to the shared connection of a Nokia Lumia 710, the access point security type is WPA2.

The error it throws at me is: 052010-1, saying that no "IP address could be obtained".

For this type of connection how should I set the IP address? Because I enter to configure it and it also asks me for the subnet mask and the gateway.

The method I used was: Settings Menu > Internet > Connection Settings > Advanced Settings > Connection 4 > Search for Access Point > I select the network > I insert the password (themostsecurepassword) > I press accept > I save the settings > It tells me that a connection test is going to be performed, after approximately 40 seconds it throws me the error exposed above.

I just installed HiyaCFW to my console, just so you know.
Only a few games support wpa2 so drop it to open

Jalkhov

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Only a few games support wpa2 so drop it to open

But I don't want to use the wifi for the games, it's to use the ds browser, the Facebook application and maybe check for firmware updates, if it's still available, or use the store too. It's just a curiosity.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I don't want to use the wifi for the games, it's to use the ds browser, the Facebook application and maybe check for firmware updates, if it's still available, or use the store too. It's just a curiosity.
Your phone does thoes things 1000000000x better

Valery0p

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dsi wifi support is very limited, DS only games can only recongise no password/WEP connections, also most of nintendo online services have been shut down. Maybe you are interested in replacement severs like wimmifi, but still...
What firmware version do you have? I also don't know if updating with Hiya may damage your device...

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You're right, but the point is, I want to do it. Is it possible or not? Skipping the Facebook and browser part, I want to see if you can update the firmware or download games.
Updating the DSi firmware is not a good idea for the most. The pretty much only thing updates did/do is blocking flashcarts and exploits. See for yourself and decide if you want to have this update "features":
https://dsibrew.org/wiki/System_Menu

I can't find it at the moment. There was something about firmware update removing HiyaCFW's SD patches. Maybe it breaks the SD-NAND?
===========

The pretty much only benefit of updating is accessing the defunct shop to
  • unlock "Data Management" in System Settings (if it is not already there)
  • redownload already purchased software.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,
Reactions: banjo2 and Valery0p

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I get the sentiment, but the DSi Browser is essentially the same, but leagues better, only a few differences outside of how it looks and the performance/website.

By Facebook application, do you mean the official DSi Camera uploader? Or the homebrew?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really...