Hacking Confused, stuck and need some help please.

F34R

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I've been reading tutorial, after tutorial, after tutorial lol, and I've just come to the realization, I need some help here. Here is the situation.

I have a 3.4U Wii.
It has been modified with a flatmod chip.
I have the HBC installed, and God knows what else. I did a tutorial a while back for some IOS stuff.

I tried running NG r8b7, and it says i have IOS 249 v10, and need v14. I've tried to update it via this tutorial:
http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios249

Everything I try gives me an error [ret -1].
What other info do I need to provide in order to get my Wii operational as far as updated firmware, IOS, etc? I can post full videos or pics of anything you need to be able to help me here.
I'm truly frustrated that I've not followed this stuff closely enough to get things done. I would appreciate any help. I've even tried wanni's updater to 4.1, and that too eventually gives me an error -1.
I'm just stuck, period.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't use waninkokos updater it will brick the wii.Check out the links in my sig.One is a fully up to date guide that will get you to 4.2U and the other is a message board where you can get help if needed about the guide.

Me personally i would update to 4.2U through nintendo and then follow the guide.It will get you back to a fully hacked state in no time at all.

F34R

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. I am reading it now. All other replies and assistance are still welcome and appreciated.

F34R

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for the double post. I updated to 4.2u. I am on the part of the guide:
QUOTE said:
3. Run TBR again. Change the IOS to IOS15 and press A (not B !). Wait for the text to change and press 1. Go to the IOS36 menu. Change the last option to YES (so all 3 options show YES). Leave the first option to 36 and choose Install patched IOS36. Change the option to Download from NUS and press A. Once its done it will quit to the HBC again.
I ran TBR again, and changed the IOS to IOS15 (from 36 it showed). I pressed A, and here is the error:
vlc2009110919371731.png

So, where do I go from here?

F34R

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's 1.1, I made sure of it twice. Here is a screen:

vlc2009110919444245.png

update:

Ok, made it past step three.... it booted back to the HBC... now this is something I've never seen lol:

vlc2009110920130746.png

I am now on the Tip section of step 5. Anyone know why my channel turned up side down?

update #2 lol

Ok, I've finished all the way to the end of the tutorial !!!

Now, my homebrew channel is still up side down lol. Any way to fix that?

edit again !!! update!!!

Ok, reinstalled HBC, and now all is well in the world lol. Now on to bigger and better things!!! TY for the links, took some time, but I finally got through it all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night