Hacking Confused about 360 hacking

DMJohn0X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the guides are so old and im running into conflicting information and having trouble sorting these exploits.

Essentially, I have a 360 S. MFR of 2011 - 11 -25. Its a matte 4gb black arcade model.

My question is, what can I do with this? Ideally I'd like to install an xk3y and run games from an external, but im also into whatever is the easiest/cheapest. I've modded all my systems from my NES to my PS3 thus far an have found the amount of information on the 360 to easily be the most confusing. Probably due to it having so many revisions and different builds.

Can someone throw me a bone?

Also doe jtag or rgh exploits require a specific chip?

-And yes, I read the stickies and still was confused. Whats with microsoft and their confusing ass consoles?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all systems can be rgh'd except xenon which is the earliest model system. the most recent 360 mobo might not be hackable. I'm not sure. it's winchester model 2 I believe. I know micorosft tried to stop the rgh hack several times including the most recent model, but urs is an older model based on the manufacture date. u can either do a dvd drive flash hack or rgh. jtag is not doable on that late of firmware/model. the earliest that can do is a jasper with firmware 7371. that's very old firmware and the jasper is the last phat model produced.

DMJohn0X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If im undestanding the chart correctly, im on Corona V4. This can only be RGH2? I've heard rgh2 was notoriously bad with load times.

DMJohn0X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ack. Corona v2* not that there seems to be a difference.

Looks like it may be cheaper to just buy a jtag 360. how annoying.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do u mean getting the drive key? look up junglefasher. remember, as before, u only want the make and model of ur specific drive. the pdf will look daunting otherwise.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way to know if you have a V2 or V4 for sure is to open it up and see if post has been removed from the board. If so, you'll need a postfix adapter. They're like 4$ on eBay. You'll need a 4GB band kit which runs through an SD card reader. They run around 10$. For the glitch chip, I suggest the Ace V3. You can get a CR4 which is fantastic but pricey. The Ace runs 8$ and the CR4 runs around 30$. You'll need to be good with a soldering iron, and have patience. I have a white corona V4 here I could take apart and snap some pics so you know what you're looking at I suppose. I have a torn down V2 also with a dead NAND too.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately, micorosft was better with its software than its hardware. they rushed the system on to the market to beat the ps3, so the jtag points (used to debug chips) were left enabled. they blew the cfuses with a firmware update. with the rgh, ur glitching the HANA chip which is used for hdmi hence the reason it doesn't work on xenon the non hdmi first gen model.

Reactions: brickmii82

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well they did originally with the King Kong exploit originally, but MS patched that quickly. It all came down to MS wanting to portray a dedication to protecting developers work imo. The OG Xbox had the shit hacked out of it and I suppose piracy was a concern so they fortified these last 2 consoles lol

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure about the wii, but the problem with the ps3 was that Sony didn't even understand ECDSA worked, so the private key was discoverable.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here
IMG_0340.PNG IMG_0339.PNG IMG_0338.PNG
I'll snap pics of the other, but only if you think it'll help.

Reactions: DMJohn0X

DMJohn0X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just know that hacking/modding both those console wasnt half so involved. Im confident in my abilities enough to run jtag or install xkey, rgh has me iffy. And looking at the prices of things ill need w/ shipping, it seems cheaper to get a jtaggable xbox 360 or even a premodded one and to sell of my current one.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's honestly just daily work for me now so it's hard to judge difficulty although I'd say if you have good soldering experience and have hacked other consoles it's completely doable. JRunner is almost fool-proof, glitch chips are so well timed now, and there's an abundance of troubleshooting knowledge on the web.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-