Hacking successfully RGH modded 360 but confused about USB setup

D

Deleted User

This is a phat Falcon, not slim. I used the original caddy when updating my Jasper to official 500gb. I have the old slim caddy, but that will do me no good on the phat. So if I plug a 2tb internally, Xbox 360 will format it? I thought 500gb was the limit, or does being RGH'd somehow affect that?

Oh my bad, you will need a caddy

2TB is limit as RGH unlocked the cap

Forgot what the official cap limit ended up at

Reactions: simbin

simbin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh my bad, you will need a caddy

2TB is limit as RGH unlocked the cap

Forgot what the official cap limit ended up at

Cool, thanks. I may just end up waiting to buy a caddy and 2tb, so I don't have to ever mess with it again. I just need to figure out getting the OG Xbox partition moved over to that new drive and I should be good. I'm mainly interested in delisted XBLA and stuff, since I dumped all my discs to my xk3y Jasper.. 2tb should last me forever! :)

D

Deleted User

Cool, thanks. I may just end up waiting to buy a caddy and 2tb, so I don't have to ever mess with it again. I just need to figure out getting the OG Xbox partition moved over to that new drive and I should be good. I'm mainly interested in delisted XBLA and stuff, since I dumped all my discs to my xk3y Jasper.. 2tb should last me forever! :)

OG Xbox partition?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure he means the hacked compatibility files needed to play original Xbox games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just FYI you should download the hacked compatibility files from 2011, it makes some more original Xbox games compatible.

D

Deleted User

Yeah there is a hidden partition on official 360 drives for original Xbox backwards compatibility.

That can be setup once your internal hard drive is setup

hdd_compat_partition_fixer_v1 creates hddx on your internal hard drive

Xbox hacked compatibility files copy compatibility folder inside hddx

Last edited by ,

simbin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just picked up a 20gb hdd from GameStop for $3 haha! Going to shuck the drive and replace it with my 120gb. Mostly interested in delisted XBLA stuff anyway, and what hasn't already been ported elsewhere, takes up literally no space at all.

Reactions: EmulateLife

simbin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay, got DashLaunch and Aurora working off the HDD!! Now that I have RGH, is there any reason to flash the DVD drive?

simbin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice!
Only if you want to rip copied games to hdd/usb
Cool, that's what I figured. Speaking of ripping, is it possible to rip straight ISO images from my RGH console, for my xk3y console? Back when I dumped most of my games, I did it with a flashed drive from a PC. Is that method still required?

D

Deleted User

Cool, that's what I figured. Speaking of ripping, is it possible to rip straight ISO images from my RGH console, for my xk3y console? Back when I dumped most of my games, I did it with a flashed drive from a PC. Is that method still required?

When you rip from aurora / fsd its folder format

Folder format or god is for RGH

iso is for xk3y

make isos on pc etc

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never had an xk3y so maybe I'm not the best to answer but AFAIK anytime you have a straight ISO you need to rip it on your PC either using ISo2God for God (Games on demand) format, or exiso for .xex format.

Nm, already answered.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k