XP
Country
United States
I went through the pinned guide and got the following info:
  • Model: Slim non-glossy
  • Motherboard: Trinity (135W PSU)
  • Dash: 17559
  • Drive: Hitachi
However, I'm confused on which hack to use from here. I assume RGH 2, but I don't want to go ahead with anything and waste my time. Let me know if I need to give any more info.

Also, can I put a larger hard drive in this thing? 4GB is kind of ridiculous, but I'm not sure what the process for a swap is like or what the max limit is or anything. Doing it on PS3 was very straightforward, not sure how easy it is here.

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use RGH1.2 or RGH3.

RGH1.2 is a bit more stable than RGH3 - although this doesn't really matter since RGH3 is already pretty stable on slims...

RGH1.2: https://consolemods.org/wiki/Xbox_360:RGH/RGH1.2
RGH3: https://consolemods.org/wiki/Xbox_360:RGH/RGH3

RGH3 is the cheapest method even if you have to buy a Raspberry Pi Pico and the rest of the parts, but is still considered an experimental method, so keep that in mind.

RGH1.2 is the tried and true method, but costs a lot more since it requires an external programmer for the glitch chip.

tl;dr RGH1.2 and RGH3 both do the same thing, so pick your poison.

Once you have RGH installed, you can just pop a new hard drive in (max limit is 2TB iirc) and format it with no problems. It'll prompt for a serial number, which you can find in the "Console Info" section.

If this was an unmodded console, you'd have to flash certain hard drives with dumped files from original hard drives, only to be limited to just 500GB. Thankfully this is not the case with RGH.

Since you say it reports as 4GB, it's a model with internal memory - which are known to die more often than not, so watch out for that in the future.

Reactions: BigOnYa

swindlesmccoop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tl;dr RGH1.2 and RGH3 both do the same thing, so pick your poison.
I assume both require soldering, which one is the easier one? My hands shake a lot so it's kind of important lol.
Since you say it reports as 4GB, it's a model with internal memory
I think it reported as lower than that with some of it reserved for the system, not sure if that makes any difference.

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume both require soldering, which one is the easier one? My hands shake a lot so it's kind of important lol.
RGH3 is by far easier than RGH1.2 since it's only 4 permanent wires. Although you have to flash the NAND, so it's technically more than 4 wires...

All via points / pads are tiny as fuck, so make sure you have the right tools (soldering iron, tip cleaner - important!, flux) and decent solder joints. If a badly soldered wire rips it off, potentially say goodbye to the console.

And do not solder components directly to the points. Only solder the components (resistor, diode) inline with the wires and covered in heatshrink. This reduces the chance of ripping off a via / pad - You want a good balance between flexibility and rigidity.

Fien

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since you say it reports as 4GB, it's a model with internal memory - which are known to die more often than not, so watch out for that in the future.
So far I know, when it's a Trinity (OP say it is) then the boards with and without internal memory are the same. There's a connector on the board (which is USB with a special connector) where the 4GB module is plugged in. I did move the memory module from a defective Trinity to a Trinity without 4GB and it worked fine.

Only if it's a Corona, the 4GB models will have a bigger NAND that seem like to fail more often.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated