Hacking conflict between bootmii.ini file and priiloader app, can't make it to autoboot to system menu

Becko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok so I was able to install and run the Priiloader app successfully, I was able to apply changes under the System Hacks option like disabling system updates, move disc channel, region free wii games , etc

However under Priiloader Settings section there's an AUTOBOOT option in which you can select to autoboot to either System Menu or HBC , ... so this is the only option is not working, after selecting autoboot to System Menu and apply save settings the console will still autoboot to the Hombrew Channel no matter what ... so basically I need the console to autoboot to system menu and I can't make it happen

So I was doing some research on my SD card files and found out I have this configuration on my bootmii.ini file

# BootMii config file

# Video mode, possible settings:
# NTSC, PAL50, PAL60, PROGRESSIVE
VIDEO=NTSC

# Autoboot, possible settings:
# SYSMENU, HBC
AUTOBOOT=HBC

# Autoboot delay, in seconds:
# Default is 5
BOOTDELAY=0

As you can see I have "AUTOBOOT=HBC" I'm suspecting that's why Priiloader autoboot option is being bypassed by the .ini file , if I rewrite "AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU" the console will autoboot to System Menu, yes, but even so if I apply further changes on the Priiloaders autoboot settings it will get stuck to whatever is selected on the bootmiii.ini file ... so how can I make Priiloader to have full autonomy on the autoboot option without the interference of the bootmii.ini file ? ... I just want Priiloader to have full autonomy to apply changes on its autoboot setting without going through the hassle of rewriting the .ini file on a computer with a text editor every time I want to switch autoboot mode ... should I rename the .ini file ? or should I leave AUTOBOOT in blank, like "AUTOBOOT="?

Last edited by Becko,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As far as everything else on the console knows, Priiloader IS the Wii Menu, so you should configure Bootmii to autoboot to sysmenu

Then only the Priiloader settings will matter, so check what you selected for both "autoboot to" and "return to"!

Becko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well at the end I installed the Boot Mii Configuration Editor app ver 2.7 , which enables to switch autoboot modes between HBC and System Menu, so far works great !! if something funny ever happens I'd turn BootMii off and apply autoboot changes through priiloader instead ... but so far issue fixed, thanks !!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Geckos are the cutest.