[CONFIRMED] FFXV Delayed to Nov 29th

While you listen to this gorgeous song again, hopefully you can contain your possible sorrows, as it appears Final Fantasy XV may be getting a delay into November 29th.

Word comes from a Gamenesia claim, stating that a source within GameStop management tipped the website off to the delay. Promotional materials have reportedly arrived at some GameStop stores with instructions that they are not to be put up until after August 14.

f4eaykdrxyoep1txpztn.jpg

Hopefully they continue to refine some of the mechanics, as it is easily one of the most anticipated RPG's of this year.

:arrow: SOURCE

UPDATE: It has now been confirmed, the game is delayed to November 29th.

NEW RELEASE DATE SET FOR FINAL FANTASY XV
TOKYO / LONDON / LOS ANGELES (Aug. 15, 2016) – To deliver the iconic FINAL FANTASY experience to audiences around the world, SQUARE ENIX[emoji768] today announced that the global release date for FINAL FANTASY[emoji768] XV will be November 29, 2016.

This release date will allow the development teams time to further polish and conduct quality testing so that the reality of the game can match the expectations of both the fans and the creative teams.

Last edited by chavosaur,

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just another excuse not to say "we want to exploit zero-piracy console release first then double dip with the unlocked PC version so you'll buy the same game twice". They are doing the same with XII remake too.
Remaster =/= Remake

Final Fantasy XII was originally released on PS2 since 2006. It's been ten years since it was first released. Not everyone has had the chance to play the game nor owned a PS2 nowadays. Most of the FF games have already been ported to PC and is available more than ever before. Not everyone owns a PS4/XB1 and it's their money to buy what they want. If they want to buy the same game twice, let them. It's their own decision.

Last edited by NyaakoXD,

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Remaster =/= Remake

Final Fantasy XII was originally released on PS2 since 2006. It's been ten years since it was first released. Not everyone has had the chance to play the game nor owned a PS2 nowadays. Most of the FF games have already been ported to PC and is available more than ever before. Not everyone owns a PS4/XB1 and it's their money to buy what they want. If they want to buy the same game twice, let them. It's their own decision.
I was referring to the "PS4/console first" thing, and your argument only reinforces mine. Let people decide where to get it instead of always being silent about the mandatory PC version hoping that some very small group of impulse buyers caves in. That makes them look desperate especially when they've been doing this consistently ever since after XIII.

mr allen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was fine with the delay until he said that he was thinking of doing patches and dlc anyways, at which point the whole reason behind the delay fell apart.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was fine with the delay until he said that he was thinking of doing patches and dlc anyways, at which point the whole reason behind the delay fell apart.

DLC has been known since july anyways. Each expands on the character's friends back stories, adds addtion monsters and side quest. They are about 7.00 dollars each or all 6 for 30.

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Now I can take my exams without distraction. The original release date coincides with the "study week". :X

Bug fixes and enhancements are always welcome!

Leo121

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Don't have a PS4 but I'm glad it's still coming. People need to get over the delay. I bought a PS3 for Versus XIII and I'm hoping a PC port will eventually come.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Watch their announcement video if you haven't (embedded in the original post). He seemed quite sincere, and the reasoning behind it was just. I welcome this delay if it means a better game for everyone. I like the new open and honest stance Square seems to be taking nowadays. It seems they're treating this game with great respect.

Perhaps it's also better for their sales. It'll be right after Black Friday, where many people will have bought brand new PS4s and Xbox Ones, no doubt anticipating FFXV. It'll position the game to drop right before other titles dropping in December and be the first thing new PS4 and Xbox One owners purchase this holiday season. Smart decision if that's what they were going for.

D

Deleted User

This game is going to be teh gayzorz anyway.

I just read that the ultimate J-cuck, Tetsuya Nomura, left development of FFXV... haha! are you kidding me?! This hack destroyed the IP and is now acting like he has nothing to do with it despite his awful character design remaining dominant in the next main entry?
Dude...
snoop.png

All of my kek
final_fantasy_xv_launches_nov_29__large.jpg

jfZJpXP.jpg
sabu.png

Cool, as long as it has a clean release with no bugs :)
Kinda impossible for them to discover all bugs and glitches, but I know what you mean.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

That display artwork made me laugh. top kek.

I would rather have a good game than a rushed buggy mess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Werid went to put my ps5 ssd into my pcs m.2 bay and no detection