Votes: 128 51.0%

• Total voters

Swooky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When the Switch is in the Settings menu you can see that the "Support" options has been renamed to "Support/Health & Safety". This could mean many things, such as the faker trying to trow people off or an error on his side or it could be that Nintendo renamed that section. I personally think that a faker wouldn't rename such an irrelevant option on purpose. I am thinking this is real, there are just too many little touches in here that it would be an immense amount of work to fake.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
When the Switch is in the Settings menu you can see that the "Support" options has been renamed to "Support/Health & Safety". This could mean many things, such as the faker trying to trow people off or an error on his side or it could be that Nintendo renamed that section. I personally think that a faker wouldn't rename such an irrelevant option on purpose. I am thinking this is real, there are just too many little touches in here that it would be an immense amount of work to fake.
After reading this, I might be convinced this is real. (And it's pretty hard to convince me.) Have a like!

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More than likely. It's easy to play on people's desires to give them false hope.
cruel people out there... also cruel nintendo becuase they just wont listen

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

After reading this, I might be convinced this is real. (And it's pretty hard to convince me.) Have a like!
i just want to believe but i cant.... i hope i am proven wrong

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
i-berieve-i-can-touch-the-sky_fb_1588627.jpg

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It looks real, I don't spot any editing mistakes (there is that thing about the storage but as said the game could be archived, the lack of a cloud icon doesn't prove anything, so I'm not taking that as proof)
It could still be fake, but if so it's a very well done fake. I'm leaning towards real, but I'm not sure.
Of course, even if this is real, there's no guarantee all of these features are coming in the next update or even any time soon. New features can be in testing for a long time before making their way to end users.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
over the next 2 days, the wii u and 3ds will have various online service down as they do server upgrades and a reset. The switch will down as well for a few hours on tuesday. Lets see if any updates are push'd out for the 3 systems.

Last edited by chartube12,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hmm I'm leaning towards real, because that's a lot to do just for a fake. Then again, if people got time so...

EDIT: Seems to be confirmed fake by different sources

Last edited by linuxares,

Yami Anubis ZX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is very exciting, very exciting, if it's fake or real, it is exciting.

Also people, especially Nintendo fans themselves must remember that we are dealing with a very different Nintendo, not Nintendo of Wii and Wii U Era, which was drip drip drip as everyone knows, God knows those were the days, fans like to call that Conservative Nintendo but that was under Iwatas leadership, I had a love and hate for him, his ideas were great, his marketing for them sucked. Kimishima on the other hand is a business person but he let's young people create ideas and teaches them how to market the stuff properly.

Also remember at the beginning of 2017 when Switch launched, someone asked Reggie if Netflix and such was coming and he said yes, media functions are coming but not till later and that they wanted to focus on it being a game device first and foremost and now that it's been on the market and 10 million has been sold and is still selling like hot cakes, they probably see no reason as to why delay media functions any longer, especially since they want the tablet market aswell.

Now they can market the Nintendo Switch as a console, handheld and tablet, they can literally get into all the markets that Nintendo has wanted for awhile now.

Reactions: Dominator211

XRaTiX

Trophies
XP
Country

Im a little confused,Where you mean? In my switch it says " Support/Health & Safety",maybe I'm in the wrong place but I want to be sure

Attachments

• 20180107_203249.jpg
    20180107_203249.jpg
    852 KB · Views: 218
Reactions: SomeGamer

unvaluablespace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soo basically, if it weren't for mistakes that could potentially be possible on the device itself, this supposed fake video could have been flawless? out of all the things people pointed out, so far I haven't seen anyone actually explain any editing mistakes, which are almost always visible one way or another when viewed under a microscope. Imagine if the user DIDN'T mess things up like storage space, or the letter g in the font, and pretty much everything else.

Usually, there are things like alignment issues, ghost images fading in and out at the wrong times, etc.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if they charge for their online service they better have those functions ... I really hope it's real.
It may explain the supposed delay of paid online. Nintendo leadership changed, and after the wii u flop Nintendo seems to actually listen to what the users want. I'm not going to be surprised if this is real. Some of it seems like it was already planned to happen (themes) and things like an on-console chat would be nintendo being serious about listening to the customers. It's in their best interest to do everything they can to please customers. And the "Nintendo didn't use to do that" argument is kinda true, but they are doing things very differently under new leadership.

unvaluablespace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may explain the supposed delay of paid online. Nintendo leadership changed, and after the wii u flop Nintendo seems to actually listen to what the users want. I'm not going to be surprised if this is real. Some of it seems like it was already planned to happen (themes) and things like an on-console chat would be nintendo being serious about listening to the customers. It's in their best interest to do everything they can to please customers. And the "Nintendo didn't use to do that" argument is kinda true, but they are doing things very differently under new leadership.

Personally, I think this is the approach they are making. I honestly know nothing about Microsoft and Sony's offerings, so Im not sure if their online services offer anything extra compared to what Nintendo is offering, but if so, perhaps this update is a way to "sweeten the pot" for users to jump to their online service. "Look at the cool new things you can do with our swanky online! voice chat, lobbies, cloud saves, oh my!"

Oh geez.....my heart is going to be so broken if this video turns out fake....

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I'm leaning towards real, because that's a lot to do just for a fake. Then again, if people got time so...

EDIT: Seems to be confirmed fake by different sources

Sites are reposting what one guy said on tweeter about what said earlier on tweeter. this guy isnt the original poster but they think he is. thus miss leading the internet. he said what he first said was fake because he couldnt find the original posting, not knowing it was taken down. gbatemp is also now one of the top 20 searches (as of this post) for firmware 5.0.0

Last edited by chartube12,

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Sites are reposting what one guy said on tweeter about what said earlier on tweeter. this guy isnt the original poster but they think he is. thus miss leading the internet. he said what he first said was fake because he couldnt find the original posting, not knowing it was taken down. gbatemp is also now one of the top 20 searches (as of this post) for firmware 5.0.0
Then lets hope this is real. Because cloud saves is something I really, really want. Because I would be livid if my Switch dies and I lose 81+ hrs of Xenoblade 2 (I'm at chapter 5... I grind to much...)

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Then lets hope this is real. Because cloud saves is something I really, really want. Because I would be livid if my Switch dies and I lose 81+ hrs of Xenoblade 2 (I'm at chapter 5... I grind to much...)
Lately it is hard to know how much time I've put into Xenoblade 2 due to that bug.
My save says over 130 hours played, but my Nintendo Switch Profile says over 60 hours played.
And I am leaning to believe the latter.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Lately it is hard to know how much time I've put into Xenoblade 2 due to that bug.
My save says over 130 hours played, but my Nintendo Switch Profile says over 60 hours played.
And I am leaning to believe the latter.
Well it say 81hrs in-game and I got to say I'm inclined to believe it. But I started with Patch 1.1.0 and day after came 1.1.1 so I might just been lucky to get it patched early.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...