Gaming CONFIRMED BRAWL WILL HAVE ONLINE PLAY!

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can it be next GBAtemp tournament teim plz?

At least they were being honest and say that lag will happen. But still, I hope the EU release isn't too far away... or a proper modchip is released soon

Don Andy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If this game turns out to be not PAL compatible, I'm not sure what I'd do
laugh.gif

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Now, someone tell me the error of my ways, but what's so different about the Wii Codes and the Xbox Live Gamertags, besides the fact that they're just numbers? They're still identification, and on the Wii they're the same for every game as opposed to the DS' system.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Now, someone tell me the error of my ways, but what's so different about the Wii Codes and the Xbox Live Gamertags, besides the fact that they're just numbers? They're still identification, and on the Wii they're the same for every game as opposed to the DS' system.

Gamertags don't prevent you from playing with just anyone that happens to be online. With the Nintendo system you have to add someone's number and they have to add yours. At no point does the other person get notified that their number was added, so unless you specifically tell the other person to add you you can't play online or trade stuff or whatever. Gamertags are just identification, not a blocking system. Even with SSBB and the "play with anyone" thing you can't even see who it is or actually communicate with them. I would expect that you also can't add them from within the system, so you won't even know if you're playing against the same person you have before.

woytek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do any of you guys know if you can use friendcodes with a burned copy of the internet? If not I'll just buy it, too great to miss!

Don Andy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Think of the Friend codes as serials. You have to "unlock" your friends before you can do anything with them
wink.gif

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think anyone has pointed out that SSBB will probably not use the Wii system code, so it will just be the same as the DS's system. I'm still wondering if it's actually even possible to have multiplayer games that use the system code. MP3:C is the only game that does but it's not truly multiplayer...

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I don't think anyone has pointed out that SSBB will probably not use the Wii system code, so it will just be the same as the DS's system. I'm still wondering if it's actually even possible to have multiplayer games that use the system code. MP3:C is the only game that does but it's not truly multiplayer...

EA's upcoming Medal Of Honor Heroes 2 will not use any friend codes, but some sort of EA lobby system instead. Plus 32 players online.
wub.gif

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As I mentioned when I updated the Super Smash Bros. Brawl Excitement topic with this news, online play will likely just be as worthless as always unless you play with registered friends.

And as Shaun mentioned, the online network is laughable. Personally, I'd go a bit further and say a god damned embarrassment.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EA's upcoming Medal Of Honor Heroes 2 will not use any friend codes, but some sort of EA lobby system instead. Plus 32 players online.
wub.gif
I think it's called EA Nation or something? But that uses no codes at all(not Wii or FC). I'm really excited for the 32 players online and how fun it will be with Wii controls.

People will just continue to do what they've always done since Nintendo WFC launched with this game. It's really a hassle and annoying, but at least it's free. I still hate how there's absolutely no features in random matches in these games though.

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The news was expected, so I wasn't too shocked. Yay for the 100th update!

Friend codes are fine by me, as I'm not a serious online player..however, I wish the play with anyone mode had a bit less privacy to it. Names can always be filtered or something if they let others see it online..

I'm hoping the other wifi modes will be interesting!

woytek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Refrase: Can I play with friends - adding their friendcodes - when having a downloaded copy of the game? I would think that everyone with the release of the game on the internet has the same friend code, right? So that would mean there are multiple identical codes and the friend system doesn't work...

Could anyone help me out here please?

Don Andy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Refrase: Can I play with friends - adding their friendcodes - when having a downloaded copy of the game? I would think that everyone with the release of the game on the internet has the same friend code, right? So that would mean there are multiple identical codes and the friend system doesn't work...

Could anyone help me out here please?

Friendscode are Wii specific, so you could play with pretty much any copy of Brawl you want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.